“Mistake!!!”
Review of Ginger Chennai

Ginger Chennai
Ranked #67 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Avoid this hotel, i had a very unpleasant experience. The restaurant is outsourced to external company and due to that they don't know how to handle hotel guests. They also made me wait for 1 hour to get the room ready. The hotel is in an office building and it feels like you are going to work with all your travel paraphernalia.

Room Tip: Personally i will never go there again.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate you taking time out and communicating with us, and we thank you for your valuable feedback and concerns. On behalf of Ginger Hotels, we sincerely apologize for not being able to provide you with our warm hospitality; which is the general norm of our hotel. We note with deep regret that our services did not meet your expectation during your recent stay at Ginger Chennai - IITM.

We are sorry to hear your dissatisfaction, regarding the delay in check in, restaurant service & staff. We sincerely regret that the hotel staff was not competent to attend and address your complaints, which was shared with the Hotel Manager for corrective action. The respective teams have been briefed up to be more efficient to ensure that our guests don't have to wait for a longer period to check in. Your feedback regarding the location of the hotel has been taken into consideration.

Please be rest assured that we remain committed to upholding the high standards of our services, as expected of Ginger Hotels. We are nevertheless glad that your overall stay experience was delightful.

It has always been our endeavor to provide our guests with the best of services, but it was unfortunate that we were unable to match your expectations. But we assure you that your next visit at Ginger will be a pleasant and memorable one.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

This hotel is best avoidable, even for budget travellers. There is only one dining option downstairs , with very limited fare, and the room i stayed in had a leaking central AC. I had to wake up at 2amm in the morning to move to another room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sayan S
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Mr. Sayan,

On behalf of Ginger Hotels, I sincerely apologize for not being able to provide you with our warm hospitality; which is the general norm of our hotel. I note with deep regret that our services did not meet your expectation during your recent stay at Ginger Chennai - IITM.

Your concern regarding the A/C leakage problem & the dining option has been taken up with the department head for corrective action.

Based on your feedback, the A/C leakage problem is fixed by our technical & maintenance team and in good working conditions. Also, the respective teams have been briefed to be more efficient to ensure that our guests don't face any such inconvenience. Furthermore, we will ensure that periodic checks are done for our rooms to avoid such inconvenience.

It was a great pleasure having you to stay with us at Ginger Chennai – Vadapalan and thank you for bringing it to our attention. Your valuable feedback will help us strive to be the best.

Looking forward to your continued association with us and I assure you that your next visit at Ginger will be a pleasant one.

Ginger Hotel

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My family stayed at the ginger hotel in taramani in november. NOt the best location and is very difficult to locate with the attitude of the chennai auto drivers. But the view of lush gren campus of IIT is fantastic.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Chitrak G

Dear Mr. Chitrak,

We sincerely appreciate you taking time out and communicating with us, we thank you for your valuable feedback & words of appreciation. We are sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction with the location of the hotel. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you, we have noted your valuable feedback & will definitely have the signboards fixed so that it becomes very easy for our guests to locate our hotel. However, I would like to inform you that our website has maps of all Ginger Hotels’ locations. You can get more details on http://www.gingerhotels.com

We will definitely work upon the feedback shared & look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property a better at your next stay at Ginger Hotel.

It was a great pleasure having you to stay with us at Ginger Chennai - IITM, thank you for bringing it to our attention; your valuable feedback will help us strive to be the best.

Looking forward to your continued association with us and I assure you that your next visit at Ginger will be pleasant one.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Hi,
I am somanth ,booked Ginger ,taramani,Chennai on 25th dec 2013..I stayed at ginger hotels lot of times at pondichery,bangalore,mysore..I like their professionalism and service as well as quality they provide. Due to the this trust I booked ginger,taramani,chennai.But it was a nightmare for us when we go for lunch..they donot have any dedicated restaurant like other ginger hotels..it is a foodcourt of an mnc..as it was 25th of dec.we failed to have lunch as it is a holiday..menus are limited like a menu in mnc cafeteria...next day when I reached to have lunch there was a rush of people ...coz it is a food court..and it is a working day...no body is entreatingyou..I reached at 1pm for lunch..most of the things were finished..No alacarte...DISGUSTING in terms of food...
Finally I like to suggest you don't stay at ginger Taramani,chennai...prefer to select other hotels..

Room Tip: Tell at reception to provide a room that have outside view
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank somnath86

Dear Mr. Somanth,

On behalf of Ginger Hotels, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you for the feedback. I am indeed disturbed to learn about your experience at Ginger Chennai. I would like to inform you that we have conducted an investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same. I have briefed the Food and Beverage team to initiate corrective actions on the issues mentioned.

It is through valuable feedbacks like yours that we strive to improve our services and may I assure you that I am personally taking care of the points which you have explained. Please be informed that we have done the root cause analysis and assure such lapses will not occurr in future.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Ginger Chennai for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

I would like to request you to please accommodate our request of having you with us wherein my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate corrective actions and re-establish our credibility with you.

Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

We look forward to your continued association with us.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Its not the best of location, difficult to locate, though they have put up markings now..the staff is very polite,sleep quality was nice, and the hotel as usual had all things needed to be functional, though i find it atleast 20 % higher then what its worth. The bathroom was clean, and since its on the 11th floor, the view was great !

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view from the window.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank AshishSethi
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked through Agoda and stayed here Dec 27-31. Although my prior stays at Ginger-BBSR always included breakfast, I was charged extra here. For 8 hours early arrival, I also paid a full day's charge. Toilet flush was not working, and i had to call twice to get someone to fix it. One day, there was no bath or face towels; other days, the towels were dirty and unclean. Room ok. For every internet connection, you have to get a password from reception. Several times, no one at reception was receiving my calls from overseas; I had to ask security to tell someone to pick up the phone (it was a call for me from the USA). The hotel has no restaurant choices nearby. The entry area into the food court on first floor looks like Baghdad after bombing. The hotel is on the 11th floor, but has only one elevator. Stay away unless you have to stay there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sura P
Reviewed December 18, 2013

we usually prefers Ginger for our business trips and it hardly disappoints as it offers good value for money experience. Same is with Ginger Chennai, it just adjacent to IIT like almost same campus. Rooms are nice, big & clean. Only thing is for food they depend on food courts downstairs which is not that good. But for south indian food lovers they may always walk down to Sangeetha Veg restaurant which is one of the most popular food joint for South Indian and it really amazing. As it is near to IIT Campus, the surrounding are green & peaceful. one of the better & affordable options in Chennai.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business