“worst food quality as well as availabilaty..”
Review of Ginger Chennai

Ginger Chennai
Ranked #97 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
New Delhi, India
“worst food quality as well as availabilaty..”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Hi,
I am somanth ,booked Ginger ,taramani,Chennai on 25th dec 2013..I stayed at ginger hotels lot of times at pondichery,bangalore,mysore..I like their professionalism and service as well as quality they provide. Due to the this trust I booked ginger,taramani,chennai.But it was a nightmare for us when we go for lunch..they donot have any dedicated restaurant like other ginger hotels..it is a foodcourt of an mnc..as it was 25th of dec.we failed to have lunch as it is a holiday..menus are limited like a menu in mnc cafeteria...next day when I reached to have lunch there was a rush of people ...coz it is a food court..and it is a working day...no body is entreatingyou..I reached at 1pm for lunch..most of the things were finished..No alacarte...DISGUSTING in terms of food...
Finally I like to suggest you don't stay at ginger Taramani,chennai...prefer to select other hotels..

Room Tip: Tell at reception to provide a room that have outside view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank somnath86
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger Chennai, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Mr. Somanth,

On behalf of Ginger Hotels, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Thank you for the feedback. I am indeed disturbed to learn about your experience at Ginger Chennai. I would like to inform you that we have conducted an investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same. I have briefed the Food and Beverage team to initiate corrective actions on the issues mentioned.

It is through valuable feedbacks like yours that we strive to improve our services and may I assure you that I am personally taking care of the points which you have explained. Please be informed that we have done the root cause analysis and assure such lapses will not occurr in future.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Ginger Chennai for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

I would like to request you to please accommodate our request of having you with us wherein my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate corrective actions and re-establish our credibility with you.

Looking forward to your continued association with us and I assure you that your next visit at Ginger will be a pleasant one.

Your patronage is important to us, and we hope that you’ll continue to give us opportunities to serve you.

We look forward to your continued association with us.

Ginger Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Its not the best of location, difficult to locate, though they have put up markings now..the staff is very polite,sleep quality was nice, and the hotel as usual had all things needed to be functional, though i find it atleast 20 % higher then what its worth. The bathroom was clean, and since its on the 11th floor, the view was great !

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view from the window.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank AshishSethi
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked through Agoda and stayed here Dec 27-31. Although my prior stays at Ginger-BBSR always included breakfast, I was charged extra here. For 8 hours early arrival, I also paid a full day's charge. Toilet flush was not working, and i had to call twice to get someone to fix it. One day, there was no bath or face towels; other days, the towels were dirty and unclean. Room ok. For every internet connection, you have to get a password from reception. Several times, no one at reception was receiving my calls from overseas; I had to ask security to tell someone to pick up the phone (it was a call for me from the USA). The hotel has no restaurant choices nearby. The entry area into the food court on first floor looks like Baghdad after bombing. The hotel is on the 11th floor, but has only one elevator. Stay away unless you have to stay there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Sura P

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

New Delhi, India
Reviewed December 18, 2013

we usually prefers Ginger for our business trips and it hardly disappoints as it offers good value for money experience. Same is with Ginger Chennai, it just adjacent to IIT like almost same campus. Rooms are nice, big & clean. Only thing is for food they depend on food courts downstairs which is not that good. But for south indian food lovers they may always walk down to Sangeetha Veg restaurant which is one of the most popular food joint for South Indian and it really amazing. As it is near to IIT Campus, the surrounding are green & peaceful. one of the better & affordable options in Chennai.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed at Ginger Vadapalani for 4 nights from december 9 to 13. The entire experience was extremely pleasant. Though we booked on the phone just half an hour before checking in, we were given a decent large clean and airy room. Everything worked. Everyone worked. I never saw the staff relaxing. Every little request was granted with genuine warmth and smiles. For the price one pays, I feel we got more than value for money. It is ridiculous to expect 5 star amenities at 3 star prices but even then the entire staff goes out of its way to make you comfortable.I will not only stay here again, i will now visit only Ginger if it is available in the city i am travelling to. I thank all the boys for making our trip happy and memorable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback & words of appreciation.

We at Ginger Hotels will continue to maintain our standards to enhance the overall experience of our valuable guests.

It was a great pleasure having you to stay with us at Ginger Hotel.

Looking forward to your continued association with us.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed here as part of my business trip and found the hotel disastrous. While checking in , I saw a guest shouting as his room A/C wasn't working and the staff was making fun of him at the back. He ensured me that the problem was isolated to that particular room and once I checked in my room, I saw problem with the A/C in my room as well. But the technical staff never came in time and I had to get adjusted with the Fan. The room size , decor all standard as other ginger, but the cleanliness and the service was poor.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RanjithTN
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger Chennai, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Mr. Ranjith,

Greetings from Ginger Hotel - Chennai.

Thank you for the feedback. I am indeed disturbed to learn about your experience at Ginger Chennai. I would like to inform you that we have conducted an investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same. I have briefed the Front Office team to initiate corrective actions on the Issues mentioned.

It is through such valuable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and may I assure you that I am personally taking care of the points which you have explained. Please be informed that we have done the root cause analysis and assure such lapse will not occur in future.

While once again regretting on behalf of all at Ginger Hotels for the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

Once again we thank you for your valuable feedback & suggestions. You will experience a marked difference in the quality & service with regards to of our F&B offerings, cleanliness, electronic gadgets etc. during your next visit.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 19, 2013

1. Location: Out skirts. Only good for people who have some work in nearby locations. Else it's highly avoidable. Better go for Ginger Vadapalani.
2. Breakfast: No complimentary breakfast!! I paid 3k for a room and you can't offer complimentary breakfast!! You need to learn from the competition.
3. Rooms: Too small and not comfy. Next to my room there was a storeroom!! No view at all.. It was such a big big let down. Good thing was that I only went there back in night to sleep.
4. Food: No lunch service. You have to call nearby hotels for that. Really!!
5. Hotel surroundings: It is located on 11th floor of a big building and has 84 rooms. Too dense for a hotel and there is only 1 lift available. Only 1 lift!!
6. Bathrooms: Ok. Ok. No bathing kit. No dental kit.
7. Power cuts. Meter tripping. All happened.
8. Overall rating: 1/5

My last stay there for sure.

Room Tip: Look for rooms on the periphery, not the inside.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank anandp2011
Ginger H, Guest Relations Manager at Ginger Chennai, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Mr. Anand,

I sincerely appreciate you taking time out and communicating with us. I note with deep regret that our services did not meet your expectation during your recent stay at Ginger Chennai - IITM. It has always been our endeavour to provide our guests with the best of services, but it was unfortunate that we were unable to match your expectations.

Your concern regarding the location, food and room size, has been taken up with the respective department heads for corrective actions. However, the toiletries provided in the bathroom are liquid soap for hand wash & bath as a standard practice. Also I have instructed the staff to be more proactive while dealing with guests' requirements. I would like to inform you that the room size is standard across all Ginger Hotels in India. Also we have Twin rooms available which are bigger in size, wherein they have two separate beds.

With regards to the frequent power cuts, it was due to some unexpected technical issues (MCB Power Failure) there were power failure issues which are fixed. I have personally briefed our technical team to be more proactive to solve the issues immediately, as well as to ensure routine check is done for rooms as the guests don’t face any such issues. We will take precautionary measurements for these types of technical issues further.

You will experience a marked difference in the quality of our F&B offerings, Service and Room during your next visit.

Looking forward to your continued association with us and I assure you that your next visit at Ginger will be pleasant one.

Best Regards,