Hanu Reddy Residences,Wallace Garden
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$91
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$150
$66
Hotels.com
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$71
$42
$86
$58
Agoda.com
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$63
$59
Hotels.com
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$132
$128
  • Pool
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$139
$171
  • Pool
All reviewsapollo hospitalhome away from homepresidential suitegreams roadmr ranjansecond buildinghomely placemain buildingmedical treatmentquiet neighborhoodhome cooked foodhomely staywalking distancelonger staysupport staffideal locationvisit chennai
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Location is good no doubt.
Staff is pretty reasonable as well.
But toilet had a cockroach inside.
Pretty standard it is similar to a lodge.
Parking space is a bit of a constraint.
would have liked it more if lighting and the flooring have improved.

Room Tip: I tried out the standard one.. may be one may want to try a higher range to feel good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
HRResidences, Chief Operating Officer at Hanu Reddy Residences,Wallace Garden, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Guest

I apologise for the cockroach that you found in your room. Pest control treatment was done the previous day and that might have been the reason for this. I am not making excuses and sincerely apologise for the same. I will take suitable action to rectify the issues raised by you.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This property is literally a 5-mins walk away from the Apollo Hospital Chennai. So perfect if you are in Chennai to go to Apollo as was in my case.

Very peaceful and quiet location.

Rooms are spacious and clean and so is the bathroom. Food was okay. However, the pictures put on the website are not a true reflection of the rooms. The real-life rooms are not as posh as they appear to be in the picture.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review. I apologise that the rooms did not look as on the website. We have another property in Chennai and it may have been those pictures that you have seen. We have since updated the photos so that it will not mislead anyone looking at our website.

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Wonderful staff, homely atmosphere & great location! -- our needs and requests were keenly addressed, and the management and great team from Orissa were all lovely and eager to satisfy their guests. We enjoyed our stay there, would definitely recommend it to others, and shall surely be back on our next visit to Chennai!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
HRResidences, Chief Operating Officer at Hanu Reddy Residences,Wallace Garden, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for recommending us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

First of all I think there should be an option of 'Good' after 'Average'. After 'Average' is 'Very good'. Is Trip Advisor listening?

We chose 'Wallace Gardens' after having stayed in 'Poes Garden' because our place of work was closer. Comparing the two, Poes Garden was much cleaner and had a more aesthetic look but in terms of location, I liked this one better because it had a lot of restaurants and shopping places within walking distance.

Breakfast was as good but there was no 'lawn' sit-out.

Room service was very good. Staff was always ready to help in any way.

Room also had good internet connectivity which made me very happy.

Would go there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I am happy that you were able to experience and enjoy our hospitality in both our properties. It is encouraging to see that you were happy with our service. I thank you for endorsing us.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I visited Chennai in October to seek treatment for my wife. I selected Hanu Reddy in Wallace Road for the convenience of being in the city. It was all that i hoped for and more than I expected. The room was large and the heater in the bathroom worked well. The morning breakfast was healthy, hygienic and filling. The facilities for Internet was in another building but available whenever I needed it.
Although we were in the city , it wasn't dusty or noisy. In fact it was very quiet and there was someone always on duty in case we needed anything. The taxi service they called was excellent and very reliable. We used the taxi for 5 days and were well satisfied with the level of courtesy, promptness and honesty of the driver.
We were well treated and satisfied with the level of service, and plan to return again very soon.
The only complaint was that the TV did not function well and could not not give a clear channel. BUt we were too tired at the end of the day to mind.
A really great place to stay.
Staff were really helpful.
Pravin Dev

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. I apologise for the problem with the TV and have made sure that it has been rectified. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.