and 1 more site!
Hanu Reddy Residences,Wallace Garden
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Just checked out of HRR at Poes Garden. We were there for a night only and had it not for this place, I would not have anything to remember of Chennai. If one has to experience true hospitality, this is THE place. Not only that, we were mentally aligned to packing up and roaming around Chennai doing nothing post checkout as we had to kill time for our flight which was at night. A casual request to Mrs Nirupama of the Reddy family while checking in for a late checkout, put to rest all our apprehensions about whiling away time on a sunday afternoon on chennai roads..
The rooms are well appointed and thoughtfully done up, the breakfast tasty and the place green green and more green.
The location of the guest house couldnt be better and they have a cool restaurant called ,Ente Keralam within 250m from them, which serves yum suthentic kerala cuisine.
The price charged is very reasonable and I disagree with those who feel this is not value for money!
The staff is courteous and non-intrusive and one can sense the positivity of the place in everything and everyone associated with it.
If ever I was to come back to Chennai, I know I wont look elsewhere to stay.

Room Tip: They donot mind if you ask them to have a look at the available rooms and take your pick...so do ask...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mrs_Wanderer
HanuReddy, Chief Operating Officer at Hanu Reddy Residences,Wallace Garden, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It was a pleasure having you at Hanu Reddy Residences. We will strive to maintain our TOP CLASS service and be a true home away from home for our guests. Looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was referred by a friend and I stayed here during a business trip. Good and a very calm place. The food and value for money not satisfactory but if love a calm situation definitely a good place to end.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank nirmal76
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We stayed here at HRR two nights in January 2013.
1) Our room was irreproachably clean, spacious and well-equipped.
2) The staff is fantastic: pleasant, helpful, smiling, genuine.
3) Location is good: close to the center, yet isolated from the noise and commotion. Also very safe with numerous policemen on 24-hour watch at various corners leading to HRR.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KWO333
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stayed here for a short time during our tour through India. The location is excellent and hidden away from the busy city for some peace and quiet. The rooms are spacious and clean and the bathroom had plenty of hot water for two showers. My husband and I ran through the neighborhood in the mornings and it was very safe and close to many great locations. The service will bring you anything you need. I would definitely stay here again and would tell my friends about this place. As a side note...I went on a tour of the whole residence and this place would be ideal for huge parties and have multiple events planned. They have a beautiful roof top event space as well as ballrooms to hold events. Thanks for such a wonderful experience!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wildtravel2008
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Wonderful, high-class accommodation in a beautiful garden setting (in the middle of Chennai!). Attentive service staff, very clean and modern rooms plus great food. Would definitely recommend this property to fellow Westerners traveling to Chennai.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank lazyvish
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I choose this service apartment because of its close proximity to Sankara Nethralaya JKCN Complex for one night's stay. There are even other important places surrounding this location. So from locational view point it scores full points.
As far the stay is concerned the room needs renovation starting from the bathroom faucets to the light holders, in a nutshell everything. From the outside it looks quite good, but the interior doesn't look as appealing. Though the size of the room & attached bathroom is big enough. The ambience is very peaceful and calm. They have also got a small garden. The wi fi service is complementary and it has got really superb speed.
The breakfast is also complementary as well. Upon placing the order as per their menu, the breakfast is served at room. The breakfast is somehow very basic and disappointing too. However they can improve this segment a lot. Not only the breakfast but having a full fledged good restaurant as it's a scarcity in that location.
Lastly they have got a team of friendly staffs who are really helpful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Prosenjit K
HanuReddy, General Manager at Hanu Reddy Residences,Wallace Garden, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Dear Mr Prosenjit,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments and suggestions. We will try to implement them as soon as possible. Guest comfort and satisfaction is of utmost importance to us. We assure you that when you come back to stay with us again, these issues will be sorted out.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

I had a chance to visit Chennai for 3months and had thought of taking a hotel initially but then one of my friend suggested me this place. I must say its by far the best place I stayed. The staff is good, takes care well. Place is nice and neat.No honks. The most important is its pretty safe place as its close to CM house and moreover Hannu Reddy Residence have their own security.Since my wife accompanied me this was the major concern for me.
I loved staying there and would suggest all my knowns coming to chennai the same place.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business