“BUSINESS TRIP TO CHENNAI”

The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai
Ranked #15 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“BUSINESS TRIP TO CHENNAI”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I went on a business trip to Chennai on 7th june 2014 & I opted for a package of flight + hotel in cleartrip .After reading a few reviews of this hotel I decided to stay here, a beautifully located hotel. A well maintained hotel , cooperative staff and an excellent location. the breakfast is really good....overall a pleasant and reasonable stay. I am planning to book the same hotel again next week

Room Tip: top floor ( 9th floor)
1 Thank ketanparikh
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, June 13, 2014

Greetings from The Raintree, Anna salai,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your review on trip advisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we could meet your expectations. The entire team looks forward to welcome you back at The Raintree, Anna Salai.

Hemant Mehta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed June 11, 2014

wonderful property... I had stayed for two days and no regrets. though the rooms are not large, still its comfortable, all my three meals we had in coffee shop, Madras and in room service and I hardly have and observations other then to say we have enjoyed it. I must thank the executive chef of the property for going that extra mile to see us comfortable... for the first time I had visited for the Sunday brunch in coffee shop I was searching for a food which is comfortable for my one year old child... he approached us asking for help, I told him I'm looking for a soup without soya and lentil as it is allergic to him. immediately he mentioned that he don't recommend any thing from buffet and willing to prepare a fresh soup to be sure its suitable for the child. and my son enjoyed the soup... in the following days we had visited the coffee shop but the chefs in the live kitchen was not able to deliver of the same soup beyond vegetables in hot water and my son end up eating small piece of bread, this was the only disappointing thing. I must appreciate the service crews in coffee shop... after our first visit they know what exactly we want and I appreciate it. Experience in Spa was good.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate and thank you for taking time and sharing such extensive and positive review about the Hotel and our services. Your feedback is indeed motivating and will definitely encourage the team to further enhance our services. I have also shared your review about inconsistency in preparing the soup that was prepared for your child the with our culinary team and Executive chef and would like to assure you that we shall definitely work towards achieving consistency in our product delivery.
We are glad that your stay was comfortable and you enjoyed our services. The entire team looks forward to welcome you back at The Raintree, Anna Salai.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed June 8, 2014

On my business trip , I stayed at The Rain Tree. Rooms are very nice and cozy. excellent service and very friendly staff. Breakfast had good spread and i definitely loved my morning Masala Tea. Overall excellent rooms, great service and great value for money

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing the review on Trip advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay our services. The entire team looks forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree, Anna salai

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed June 3, 2014

we had team lunch on June 2nd 2014, wonderful dishes specifically all chicken dishes where awesome, even vegetarian cuisine have lots of choices. very friendly service staff, they quickly served the our needs which we raised.. loved the pizzas and dosa which was served for the lunch.

Have some suggestion which they can consider as heard from staff the menu is fixed as per day wise
1) veg starter was not up to the mark
2) Though non veg starter was tastier they can change it some other starter such as fish or prawn
3)Ice tea and buttermilk wasn't up to the mark lacked taste

Overall I would rate good(above average),i would prefer to visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Raintree, Anna Salai!!

We really appreciate and thank you for taking the time and sharing your review on trip advisor. We are glad that you enjoyed the food and our services at The Kitchen restaurant. Your feedback is indeed motivating and will definitely encourage the team to further enhance our services. We have also noted your comments about the starters and the welcome drink and would like to assure you that we shall definitely improvise on the services as mentioned by you.

We continue to be committed to provide you and all our guests with the highest standard of service in the industry. We look forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree, Anna Salai.

Best regards

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 31, 2014

A group of 5 of us stayed here for 3 nights, it was a disaster when we checked in as we had booked two room with a double bed and 2 twin beds each through HotelClub, however when we arrived no such room was on offer and they could not upgrade us to a bigger suite.
Bar fridge was not working, TV not easy to operate, no gown or slippers in the room, no bath,
breakfast was adequate, no private seating in the lounge.
Generally a disappointment.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Raintree, Anna Salai!!

Thank you for taking time and sharing your review. We truly empathize with your experience, which clearly did not meet your desired level of expectation. We feel sorry that you found our beds to be small however we have never advertised on our website having two king size beds in our twin room and the size of our twin beds match with the standards of any luxury hotel in the city. I can assure you that we are committed to improving all aspects of our guest’s experience and feedback like this will only double our efforts in achieving the level of consistency we lacked during your visit.

Again, sincere apology for the inconvenience and request you to contact me directly at gm@raintreehotels.com for any further assistance.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I was a walk in guest, they charged me high price which was higher then OTA pricing. Found cockroach in the room. Location also messed up due to lot of construction. Room service calls never worked, needed a follow up everytime.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank anilkprasanna
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from “The Raintree Anna Salai”

Thank you for taking time and sharing your review. On behalf of my Team, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you have experienced during your stay at the Hotel.
We take pride in ensuring our customer’s satisfaction; unfortunately, we did not meet your expectation. I can assure you that we are committed to improving all aspects of our guest’s experience and feedback like this will only double our efforts in achieving the level of consistency we lacked during your visit.
Again, sincere apology for the inconvenience and request you to contact me directly at gm@raintreehotels.com to take this matter forward.

Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Excellent Rooms. Despite being in the high traffic Mount Road(I prefer calling it Mount Road), the hotel rooms are well insulated from the noise of the chaotic traffic outside.
Up North is a fantastic restaurant. Serves great food and provides even greater ambience. You go one level up, you get 'HIGH' in every sense

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from - The Raintree, Anna Salal!!

Thank you for taking time to share your review on trip advisor. I am glad that we met your expectations and you enjoyed your stay and our services.
The entire team looks forward to welcome you back at The Raintree, Anna Salai.