“Superb service, value for money, modern hotel in Chennai”

The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai
Ranked #11 of 393 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Copenhagen
“Superb service, value for money, modern hotel in Chennai”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed 1 night at The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai and wish I had stayed longer. The service at the hotel is superb.

Here are some of the highlights;

Pro's:
- excellent service at front desk, which is unusual
- great bell boy service
- driver was professional
- roof top bar/café excellent (pool area)
- conference facilities were good too
- checkout was speedy and the nice touch asking guests to provide feedback on a mini ipad shows how much the hotel cares about the customer experience
- did I mention SERVICE and feeling right at home ;-)

Con's:
- providing 2 hours of free internet is simply not acceptable. When I told the front desk, they did give me 24 hours of free, high speed internet.

I strongly encourage the hotel to increase prices by 5% and offer free internet for up to 3 devices.

I can highly recommend this hotel for your business or leisure trip in Chennai

Room Tip: Get a room on one of the top floors and enjoy the room and proximity to the roof top facilities. And...
1 Thank michaelleander
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, September 23, 2013

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at our Hotel .

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for Appreciating our services at the Hotel, shall share the same with my team and I am sure they would be highly motivated. We have also noted your comment on internet services and updated our records. My team would be happy to meet your expectations during your future visits.

We look forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai and please feel free to contact me at gm@raintreehotels.com for any further assistance.

Hemant Mehta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (256)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Very well put together. understated chic, great restaurant - madras., spa- oryza, excellent service, thoughtful little local artist store - play clan, well managed.
Just the right amount of everything. ..

• Stayed September 2013

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

I would also like to take opportunity to thank you for Appreciating our services at the Hotel, shall share the same with my team and i am sure they would be very happy to hear that.

Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

I have now stayed in Raintree Hotels in Chennai on several occassions, initially at the St Mary's road property and then at Anna Salai.
I am never dissappointed with any of the service offered by these hotels, but the Anna Salai Raintree is my particular favourite because there is more to do in the evening.
I always ask for the Airport collection service as flights from the UK invariably arrive in the early hours of the morning. This is well worth having and is complimentary one-way!
The rooms are large and very clean. The restaurants are excellent and totally different in concept (one is a buffet style with a massive selection of all food types and the other is a open-air style serving freshly cooked traditional Indian cuisine). Whichever you choose, you will not be disappointed!
I travel reguarly all over India and nomally stay at more main stream hotels such as Sofitel, Crowne Plaza or Hilton, but not in Chennai! - It's the Raintree for me every time!
If you like Club style music, check out 'High', the pool bar on the roof - great views and sounds.

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for a 'Club' room and enjoy free canapes and cocktails every evening in t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnLoxley
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, September 21, 2013

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay at our Hotel .
I would also like to take opportunity to thank you for Appreciating our services at the Hotel. Shall have your feedback shared with the team and i am sure they would be very happy and Motivated.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Perfect hotel for business travel. Spot on for everything. - comfort, luxury, check in , convenience, food.
Extremely courteous staff that wear smile on their sleeves,
Rooms are matched with blend of luxury and comfort.

I keep visiting it again and again.

1 Thank businesstraveller849
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, September 19, 2013

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoy your stay at our Hotel . Your feedback is very encouraging and shall share the same with my team.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I would describe Raintree as one of the best business hotels I've ever stayed at. The experience starts at check-in, with a fast check-in. The rooms are spacious and don't make you feel cooped up. You are given a lot of pillows and cushions in the room to feel comfortable. Speaking of comfortable, I absolutely loved the chair they have in the rooms. These chairs with footrests are beautifully designed and they are so very comfortable, that I was almost tempted to sleep on the chair instead of the bed :) Whosoever designed that chair and whosoever chose it for the hotel......hats off.

I was also so happy to see that being an eco-sesitive hotel they have eliminated that huge waste of water i.e. the bath-tub. The toileteries were also of good quality.

I ordered from the Room Service and the person who took the order was very helpful and even when I asked to change an item in the set platter menu, they happily complied with my request. That, in my view, shows how a hotel well treats its guest.

All good things come to a naught if the service at a hotel is not friendly. At Raintree, you are not overawed by formidable hotel executives. These are good friendly people who smile at you and greet you with a graceful "vanakkam" and ask you little questions which show that they are concerned and that you are a welcome guest.

Just a little thing, for a eco-friendly hotel, a little more greenery in public areas could be a nice idea.

Overall, a hotel where I would love to be back again and that I feel, is the best thing you could say about any hotel.

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review and appreciating our services. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel.

Your feedback is very encouraging and shall share the same with my team and i am sure they would be very happy and motivated.

Salem, India
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Quite easily accessible. Good service. Food is great. The party scene on the roof top is good. You can relax calmly. Loud music, crazy people and your group. Its fun to be there. The rooms and very clean and neat. Well maintained. Food quality great.

• Stayed September 2013

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank you for Appreciating our services at the Hotel especially the quality of food and the experience at High Lounge. Your feedback is very motivating and shall share the same with my team and i am sure they would be very happy to hear that.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 15, 2013

i stayed for one night only - price looks reasonable as compared to other hotels in chennai and offering bad quality. The rooms are very very large - breakfast was very good with very wide variety. Only problem seems if people outside room do some noise it directly disturbs - especially if it is in night. But not a major problem as compared to positive points. As compared to park Plaza properties, i will rate this is much better than that

1 Thank chanvish005
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, September 17, 2013

Greetings!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We have also made a note of your feedback with regards to sound travelling inside the room from the corridoor. Please accept my apologies fot the inconvenience caused and would like to assure you that we shall work with our team to find an appropriate solution to make your future stay comfortable.

Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again at The Raintree Hotel, Anna Salai.