“All round review” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai

and 1 more site!
The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai
Ranked #13 of 386 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Preston, United Kingdom
“All round review”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Overall this is a friendly, clean and well staffed hotel with everyone being helpful, the rooms are clean well laid out and reasonably large, would I stay again the answer is yes and with working in Chennai on a regular basis I will be back soon. Petty as it may be the only down side for me is the lack of ESPN sports channel which was available ealier on in the year. Having to travel to another hotel to watch my chosen sports is not ideal

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, July 11, 2013

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your recent stay at our Hotel and keen to visit again.

I have noted your feedback on Non-availability of ESPN Sports Channel. We at the moment are working on the same issue and i am sure we should be able to resolve the same .

Thank you for Appreciating our Associates and Cleanliness of the Hotel.

I shall have your feedback shared with the team here and i am sure they would be delighted.

Piyush Tyagi.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Location - Close to my office
One of Good Hotels in Chennai, Wonderful Ambience , Decor , Good use of lights.

Ambience -Rooms - Cosy , Spacious, A mix of wooden , Carpeted , tiles..Good Asthetics.

Electronic card key acess to room and to lifts and floors. "Secure " Strict Surveillence across...

Food - Feel at home...They take care of you well during meals .Immediate service.@. A lot of variety to choose from @ "MADRASS" and MODERA- Lounge bar"

Refreshing Pool and gym.....

Overall a wonderfull place to stay

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed every aspect of the Hotel during your stay with us. Thank you for appreciating Madras and Madera and its a pleasure to know that we could make you feel at Home. Feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback.

Thank you for Appreciating our Rooms, Safety and Security, Pool and Gym.

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

Chic new hotel, quite minimalist in design but with good use of lighting.

Rooms are cozy with all the required amenities. I didn't like that the IT guy had to tamper with my laptop in order to provide internet access. Apparently, the room only comes with internet access for one person so I cannot use my laptop for internet and also tap on the wifi with my smartphone. I thought it's a 5* hotel? Why go through the trouble to do so?

I like the breakfast. Many selection of Indian breakfast with international choices.

Ate at the restaurant on the rooftop all night 5 nights I was there. Service was prompt and friendly, food great.
Madras restaurant on the ground floor serves good food too.

A good 10mins walk to Ramee Mall which you'd need to take an auto as it is dangerous to walk in the streets.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, June 25, 2013

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

I shall certainly take up your feedback on your experience while dealing with one of the staff member from the IT Team.

I would like to thank you for highlighting great comments on our Breakfast Buffet and was very pleased to know that our Upnorth and Madras Restaurants were to your liking.

New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

When I walked into the Raintree I was impressed with the décor. Trendy, modern, clever use of spaces and light - I was distinctly upbeat. And it lasted until I reached the front desk. For a 5 star hotel with a highly commended restaurant (Madras), the Raintree has clearly lost the plot as far as service is concerned. Poor communication skills of the staff, everyone is wedded to the rule book, no problem solving ability...if you're looking for an example please refer to the standard copy and paste responses that the hotel's GM has provided to all reviews on tripadvisor. No real attempt to address any concerns of guests - this trend runs deep in the hotel.
I am a lawyer and was staying here for a night prior to a hearing in the court. In the morning I was going to go downstairs for a quick breakfast when my colleague from Chennai reached the hotel. Since I had 40 files with me (which I had shipped earlier so I wouldn't have to carry them) I knew that we would have to get a considerable amount of packing done to transfer them from their now-torn cartons into bags for court. I wanted my colleague to get a headstart on the packing and told him to proceed to my room. He forgot my room number and asked a member of the staff and that's when the plot unravelled completely. He was told he couldn't go up to my room as I was a solo woman guest. He called me. I initially thought of it as a gesture to ensure safety of the guests and left breakfast to come and clarify (along with id) that I was indeed the occupant and that he was going up under my authorisation with my keys to pack the files. Since I was checking out thereafter it seemed to me like an elementary issue. But the staff was adamant. A rule was a rule and my colleague couldn't go up. I was incredulous when they suggested that I had to seek 'authorisation' from the General Manager (who wasn't even around at the time). No logic, no application of mind, no discretion. I asked them if they were my moral guardians and if this was school and stormed off knowing full well that the irony was completely lost on them.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Shwetasree
Dear Ms.Shweta,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with regards to your stay at The Raintree, Annasalai. Please do accept my sincere Apologies for not having met your expectations and inconvenience caused.

Feedback has already been shared with the team here and would like to assure you that we shall take all necessary measures to improvise on the areas as highlighted by you.

It was a pleasure to speak to you over the phone and get a first hand feedback on your last stay.

It also gives me a pleasure to know that you are re- visiting our property next month and would be nice to catch up.

We look forward to welcoming you at The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai.

Best Regards,

Pasig City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the better hotels in Chennai. The rooms are great, the service superb, and the food choices, wonderful. Apart from the best Indian breakfast buffets around, you can choose from among Chinese and Western outlets. Their roof deck restaurant has a commanding view of the city and serves great food too.

• Stayed May 2013

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

Thank you for Appreciating our Buffet Breakfast and the Roof Top Restaurant Upnorth.

I shall have your feedback shared with the teams here and i am sure they would be delighted.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed for second time at Hotel Raintree on 19th June at Chennai (i am more frequent occupant of Courtyard Marriott). Hotel Raintree is a very good value for money hotel for business travel with good, descent rooms, free wi-fi for 2 hours, very good buffet breakfast. This time I ended up using room service for a late dinner. The food was excellent. The only downside is over courteous staff who wants please beyond normal standard (with waddakams-mean welcome) wherever and whenever you bump them at. The reception staff is very good and hotel is centrally located for business travel. One of top hotels at Chennai for short stays

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade room (if you are lucky would end up getting one at same cost)
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

Its a pleasure to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the food served via In Room Dining. I shall convey your Feedback to our chefs who relentlessly work to ensure even the minute details are well looked after .

Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went there for Lunch Buffet along with my office team. i was pleased with the decent way of arranging tables so that everyone could move around. There were good varities of desserts and starters, but main course could have added more varities for vegetarians. We loved the service and ambience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this review, June 23, 2013

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your dinning experience and we have met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. I shall discuss your feedback on having more options for vegetarians with our Executive Chef and we shall for sure look into the same.