“Raintree, Annasalai....”

The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai
Ranked #14 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The Raintree, Annasalai...... I happened to choose The Raintree at Annasalai during lastweekend and was astonished to find this hidden jewel. From checkin to Dining at their Restaurants everything was just flawless. Good food at the RoodTop Restaurant and an Amazing Spa experince. Having travelled since a Decade hardly does one come across a Hotel which is just Perfect. Looking forward for my next stay at Raintree..

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

There are newer reviews for The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was here for 5 nights with my parents during my dad's visits at Apollo hospital which was just opposite to this hotel. Our stay here was pretty good with excellent service, good entertainment , clean rooms, good food and calm ambience with forex service.
Couple of disappointments:
1- I booked my stay online from
makemytrip dot com for 3 people and I was told that an additional bed will be provided and this was confirmed at the front desk during check-in but extra bed was never given.
2- Front desk guy told me transportation to and from Apollo hospital is complementary with no charge in hotel provided car which I confirmed multiple times during my stay. We used this service multiple times to take my dad to hospital.
But during check out on last day I noticed in my bill all trips to hospital were charged, which was surprise, also each one way actual distance was 5 minutes but charge was for one hour each trip.
I will stay in same place again if ever I am in same area, but I will not count any complementary offers.

• Stayed: May 2013
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and dinning experience and we have met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and feedback. With regards to your feedback on Travel related Billing, please feel free to e-mail me directly at eam.annasalai@raintreehotels.com and i shall get back to you .

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The General Manager / Chef Mark Crocker
Raintree
Chennai

Dear General Manager / Chef Mark,

I would like to thank you ( Mark)for the generous gift. I am so glad that you
( Mark)were able to take time out of your schedule to attend my wedding. The room for our first night is truly one of the most treasured gifts I received. I want you to know how much I appreciate your generous gift.

It is difficult for me to find the words to express my gratitude. You're the best! Thank you for organizing our stay at the Raintree. I want to compliment one of your employees, Mark Crocker. He went to great lengths in booking us this stay. I have received quality service at your hotel on the 11th and 12th of May, Mark Crocker's help is a prime example of this. He knew how to best please his customers.

Such service builds great working relationships. I shall not hesitate to recommend your establishment to my friends for quality of food and service. Thank you again.

I write to bring your attention to the excellent service I received from Mark Crocker in your Hotel. His attention remained personal and we were looked after professionaly throughout our visit.

A room for the night was the perfect gift.

Once again, thank you for the wonderful gift. It will remain with me for a long time to come and brings such treasured moments and memories and hopefully one day I'll be able to give a similar gift to all of my children in the future.

Gavin and Rachael D'souza

Room Tip: Chef Mark's food was an absolute delight. Service from him outstanding
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Had a brief stay at the hotel and thoroughly enjoyed the warmth and hospitality from caring staff.
Met the EAM of the hotel Mr.Tyagi whilst dining for the breakfast.....very warm and caring personality.Would highly recommend stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amit B

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Great Staff and professional Management ... they know what a business travel expects , am sure team here is well trained on these aspects. located strategically this is an ideal place for any business traveler and holidaymakers.

A big thanks to the staff there !!

Room Tip: sometimes difficult to get a room . recommend book in advance
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2013

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Had heard a lot of the hotel and decided to trip down to the lovely place...and did the coffee shop take us by surprise? Absolutely....and a very pleasant one. The food was alluring and the staff among the most hospitable I have come across in country. There was a perfect blend of spices and delicate flavours and the food served was strikingly fresh and at right temperature...I might be sounding too particular types but such little details matter to me and create the wow factor. The buffet was a gorgeous spread...was taken by the presence of sumptuous Bengali Fish Curry in the menu...others worth a mention are yummy pastas and finest tenderloin steak. I must have already recommended the place to a million:) and can't wait to visit "The Kitchen" again.....three cheers!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
G_M-The_Raintree, General Manager at The Raintree Hotel - Anna Salai, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Raintree Hotel, Annasalai!!

Thank you very much for sharing your review. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your dinning experience and we have met your expectation, feedback like your will also keep the team motivated. We really appreciate this gesture and the detailed feedback as shared by you simply shows that our team here took good care of you and your guests during your recent visit at our The Kitchen Restaurant.

I would like to thank you once again for sharing such a detailed feedback on your dining experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I stay 3 nights at Raintree AnnaSalai for 3 nights in April. The deluxe room is large and modern. I love it's comfortable chair which is so relaxing. The swimming pool is pretty small. Location is on the deck floor. It is with city view. The breakfast here is quite variety....International and indian cuisine. I booked the hotel car for day trip to Kancheepuram. It is a bit expensive for 5,000 Rs excluding service charge and toll fee. However, the car is pretty new. The weak point is that there is no nearby minimarts around hotel. I ask the driver to make a stop to buy some drink and snack.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo