All reviewsboutique hotelvalue for moneywalkable distancethe heart of the cityroom servicerooms are cleancomplimentary breakfastquality of foodvisabiovacchennaikodambakkaminterviewambiencespeedrs
Reviewed February 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 2 days for the US visa interview, had a pleasant stay here, room was gud, fud was gud, room service was quite fast, nice courteous staff and front desk, very near to the consulate.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheSpring13, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Spring Hotel.

At the outset please allow me to thank you so much for the feedback and comments shred online.

Your feedback has not only motivated the Team but also geared up to the level for exceeding the expectation of the guest.

Thank you once gain and look forward to meet you in person in your future visit.

Best regards,
The Front Office Manager

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed for 1 night and it was wonderful. The look of the hotel was very good from inside, the food (Movies Restaurant) was awesome...especially starters.. The room (Deluxe Room) was cozy and service was wonderful... Slept like a baby..... Over all liked it and good value for money.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Greetings from The Spring Family

Its a great pleasure for us to know that you had a nice and refreshing stay with The Spring Hotel.Thank you so much for sharing your comments and motivating the TEAM.

On behalf of the Team, we welcome you once again and have a memorable stay with us.

Looking forward for to meet you in person in your future visit.

Thanks with regards,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Touted as a boutique hotel in Chennai with a cinematic-take as a theme for their main restaurant, I found the Spring Hotel a rather good option for your stay. The room was clean and so were the linen supplied. The bathroom too was clean and well-maintained. Friendly staff both at the reception and in the restaurant and housekeeping. Good food at the restaurant; the unlimited punjabi chicken starters along with boiled egg fritters that was served to me was simply delicious and melting!

Perhaps, the spring is gradually letting the summer season in ......if you know what I mean! The "boutiqueness" of the boutique tag to the hotel name has started waning sadly...the projection quality in the The Movies restaurant is as outdated as the posters of the outdated stars and the movies of the yesteryears!

Spruce up folks, you have everything going good for you......just take care to improve the overall boutique-look!

I loved playing "finding the room number" game in your corridors!:) Crazy way of room numbering that made me smile with amusement:)

Room Tip: Take a look at the room before you move in......you will not be dissappointed
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
TheSpring13, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Sir

Greetings from The Spring Hotel Chennai,

At the outset thank you so much for your feedback and reviews shared online.

We have noted your ratings with regards to The Movies Restaurant and overall Boutique ambiance.We at The Spring Hotel always works towards the improvement and betterment for the Guest.

Thank you once again and looking forward to host you again in future.

Thanks with Regards,

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Good hotel if you want to come for US visa, which is now a two day process. The OFC is 4 Kms away, you get a to and fro auto outside the hotel in Rs 250/Rs200. US Consulate is walkable, hardly 700 mts. Food is also decent (not very great), however I liked the ambience of the restaurant, a tribute to all oldie stars. Wifi is slow, and keeps on disconnecting. This is the only thing I didn't like in this hotel. So, in short for US visa related stuff, this hotel is a good deal. I searched online, but then called up and booked over phone, as it was cheaper that way.

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Spring Hotel Chennai.

First of all thank you very much for finding the time out and ratting our Hotel online.

Secondly it would be a great pleasure to welcome you again at The Spring Hotel.

Look forward to host you soon.

Thanks with regards,

Reviewed January 22, 2014

I had a terrible time at this hotel. It came close to ruining India but we had mercifully positive experiences at the other places we stayed.

The room was foul. Disgusting, dank and damp. Bed was filthy, bathroom disgusting, plumbing ran all evening, bare wiring, jerry-rigged plumbing and one in three lamps functioning.
Incredibly rude night clerk - worst customer service we have experienced. Asked to call a particular cab for us but was informed we would have to use the hotel's company for an exorbitant fee. I asked for the number of the alternative company, he informed me I would need to look it up myself and hung up. Wi-fi not functional. Paid for breakfast but not available in the morning - same exceptionally rude clerk unable to assist.

In the end I lost my cool and caused a terrible scene which was poor on my behalf. The manager was called down and attempted to smooth things over (including calling a cab from the company we requested, at one fifth the cost enforced by the hotel) but was far too late. We checked out at 7am and spent an extra 5 hours at the airport instead. Location is terrible also - completely unsafe.

I have never experienced anything quite like this before - this was by far the worst accommodation we have ever endured.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
TheSpring13, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Greetings from The Spring Hotel

We at Spring sincerely apologize for the unpleasant incident you had at our hotel. It is our highest priority to our guest with an exceptional stay experience and in this instance we certainly failed to do this. What you experience is totally unacceptable and we have already taken steps to ensure that this does not happen in our hotel again.

We have taken the issue very strongly with the concerned and assure you the best services in your future visit.

Hope this incident will not hold you against us and you will surely give us another chance to serve you better.

Look forward to meet you in person in your future visit.

Warm Regards,