The Spring Hotel
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$216
$130
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$132
$83
Hotels.com
Hilton Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$138
$103
  • Pool
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$217
$144
Taj Hotels
Great 4.5/5
The Residency Towers(Chennai (Madras))
$72
$67
Very Good 4/5
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$80
$55
Great 4.5/5
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$214
$119
Great 4.5/5
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$105
$61
Good 3.5/5
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$86
$57
  • Breakfast included
The Residency(Chennai (Madras))
$64
$48
Very Good 4/5
All reviewsmainland chinavisa interviewwalkable distancethe heart of the citybusiness triproom servicerooms are cleancomplimentary breakfastquality of foodpleasant staybioshreechennaivackodambakkamambiencespeed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 13 days. The rooms were comfortable and spacious enough. The staff were very friendly and I felt safe as a woman alone. Although the breakfast was good, the room service was not which was ordered on the day of arrival. The potatoes in my Dum Aloo were almost raw. When I brought this to their attention, it was replaced with something else 'on the house'. There was no hot water but tepid with very little pressure. All in all, there might have been drawbacks but the staff took care of each and every complaint immediately. Housekeeping was good and so were the staff at the Reception, the restaurant and the gates.

Tips:
- Do add South Indian tiffin varieties to the room service menu for people like me who don't eat much in the evening.
- Please make a proper wi-fi available. This for me would be the only negative point with this hotel.
- Please place a tip box at the Reception so that it can be divided among each one who make the guest's stay comfortable. This scenario will avoid people coming to the door even after 10pm.

I enjoyed my stay and the attention. Thank you.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
TheSpring13, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Spring Hotel Chennai

At the outset please allow me to thank you for the comments shared and also please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused.

We at The Spring always works towards the betterment and continues improvement.Your feedback has helped us and we have taken a strong action on it.

We assured you will find a positive improvement in your future visit.

Look forward to host you again.

Thanks with regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

we have stayed in this hotel for 2days. rooms are spacious but not clear at all . the showers are not working properly. had to wait long time for hote water at the show.

House Keeping service is very bad service , restaurant was spacious and quality of food was good.

If you want to stay in prime location , then I recommend this but don't expect the rooms to look as good as it looks at their website . just an average 2 star catagory hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
TheSpring13, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Greetings from The Spring Hotel,

First of all thank you very much for your valuable feedback , we have noted your ratings on our House Keeping and Maintenance services.Not only that we also have taken serious action against the concerned.

We highly regret the inconvenience caused to you, kindly accept our sincere apologies and give us another chance to serve you better.

We at Spring work towards the betterment of the quality and ensure the positive changes in your future visit.

Look forward to meet you in person.

Thanks with regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

Do not get deceived by the photos put on by management. This hotel is quite old and it reflects on almost everything and everywhere.

Breakfast was unimpressive; overall quality of food is bad.

But you may not want to discard this hotel as it is close to US Consulate. If you looking for overnight stay and paying less than INR 3500 then go for it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
TheSpring13, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2014

Greetings from The Spring Hotel Chennai,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your guest experience at the Spring. We regret for the inconvenience caused to you at the same time we would like to inform you that we are in the process of renovating the rooms and i am sure that you would find the remarkable difference in your future visits.

As far as Food and Service is concerned , we have taken up the issue very strongly with the concerned and will surely work towards the betterment.

Once again thank you for sharing your concerns and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better.

Looking forward to meet you in person in next visit

Kind regards

Reviewed January 2, 2014

i have yet to stay in your hotel and i was checking it out to see if i feel like staying here during my next trip to chennai. but i must say that i was EXTREMELY pleased to see the hotel management replying to the comments posted veen if it is a negayive one. this i think is such a good attitude and shoul;d be praised. soem hotels do not even bother saying thank you when you post something positive about them and what more when you post something negative. to the managemnt and staff of the spring, congrats i would surely stay here during my next visit. and on taht note, can i get more info on the star rock pub - what kind of music do you play, what kind oof patrons and am i allowed entry if i come alone but stay at the hotel. thank you

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank sajahan
TheSpring13, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Sir

Greetings from The Spring Family,

First of all thank very much for your pleasant comment.Your comment has not only motivated The Spring Hotels'staff and Family but also exceeded the expectation of the genuine guest of you caliber.

Further more to your request of STAR ROCK, we have awesome ambiance and all time entertainment for our guest.Through out the week we have Music nights like EDM (Electronic Dance Music) SALSA, Bollywood, Commercials, Rock, HIP HOP, and Tamil Night,

The entry for the program if on couple basis.However if you are staying guest you have privilege to use alone as well.

Hope we have addressed you query adequately.Look forward to host you soon

Thanks with best regards,

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We checked in late evening and we were given a room promptly. I felt the corridor and the room had faint smell of smoke. Asked the accompanying staff if it is smoking room and he mentioned it is not.
A peek at the room - bed, small side table(with an ash tray...what the heck is it doing in a non-smoking room!!!) and another table for laptop with chair, flat screen tv with remote. A closet for storage which includes a safe. Bathroom was ok but the fixtures look old. Overall I felt the room was small and not clean/bright to my expectations(built from the pictures I saw in trip advisor).
Next, after we settled we realized that we cannot sleep because there is loud music heard in the room. Called up front desk and found out that there is a party going on 4th floor(current time 00:30 am) which will continue for another hour as per him. The staff person mentioned that they can shift me to another room. Got room on 1st floor(#111). This was better than earlier room - didn't have smoke smell, had additional chair and a bench. With some satisfaction felt we can rest for the day after a shower(had a long tiring day). Surprise, no hot water in the shower!!!. Was very tired to report to front desk and took shower with the non-hot water.
Come morning, the flush doesn't work. Called up front desk and they send a man, who sorted it out but he left the seat cover and surrounding with water sprayed. Didn't ever bother to swipe it clean.
Complimentary breakfast - they had continental and south Indian spread. Not very elaborate but decent to fill your stomach. Issues noticed is that the staff fails to fill the empty dishes on the spread, serve water on the table etc., I don't mind serving myself, so when I get up to get the water jug myself, the staff would run and take it from me to serve. They are very courteous but not attentive I feel.

So I would say I was disappointed on the first day of the stay and by next day I got used to the environment.
BTW there was hot water on the 2nd day.

Overall -

Pros:
1. 5 min walk to US consulate,
2. complimentary wifi
3. business center to browse or take print outs.
4. Staff that responds to concerns/requests

Cons:
Room itself!!! - needs maintenance.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
TheSpring13, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Sir,

Warm Greetings and Thank you for Evincing your interest with The Spring Hotel Chennai !

This has reference to your recent stay with us. Thank you indeed for sharing your feedback and please accept our sincere apologies towards the inconveniences caused.

We have noted your concerns regarding the maintenance of the Hotel and housekeeping service , Rest assured, we have taken up very strongly with the departments concerned and working towards rectification of the same immediately.

We kindly request you to give us an opportunity to overcome your concern and help us to serve you better next time. Furthermore, we assure you will find a notable improvement in our quality of services during your future visits.

Looking forward to your continued patronage and assuring you of our services and attention at all times.

With Warm Regards,