“The Spring, value for money”
Review of The Spring Hotel

The Spring Hotel
Ranked #98 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, Malaysia
“The Spring, value for money”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

The Spring, continue to be my favorite hotel in Chennai. Why, I still experience the same feel, when I stay there 2 day ago equally like my last 2 visit.
Modern Touch - a different makeup from conventional South India hotel setup gives the hipp feeling. Cosy design - rooms interior design speakable, ambient lighting, well maintained, comfy beds and perfect for 2. Tasty food, while I enjoyed a great meal(breakfast&dinner), the cinematic theme(pictures&cinefacts) gives the restaurant 'the movie' a filmambiente ambience while dining. Splendid choice of food including "nasi lemak and stay" for Malaysian like me. Whats more, 24x7 open kitchen, not many hotel caters this. Excellence service - front staff, housekeeping and f&b staff beside courteous demonstrate speed and agility when requested. Well located - a brief drive to Chennai’s most famous shopping outlets. Free and speedy wifi, that helps me to be prepared before heads out for the day. In short, value for money.

What I would like to have, a slightly bigger room for family stay, non-distorted TV Channels(skynet)-noticeable when it rains, probably a simple add-on 'restaurant' word next to "The Movie" signature.

Look forward for a next stay !

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Kumar_Guru
Muthusrinivasan, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Dear Mr Kumar,

Greetings from the Spring!

We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. I have shared your valuable feedback with concerned departments.

Guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments. Team The Spring looks forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks & Regards

Front Office Manager
The Spring hotel
fom@thespringhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I have to say this hotel is small. but their prices aren't expensive comparing to other hotels. If you're going to stay only one or two nights then it should be fine. I was staying at this hotel for five days. on arrival i was given a soft drink and they gave me a room on a second floor. i was bit worried about the mosquitoes thankfully they was none in my hotel room. another good thing about this hotel is a location. Marina beach and Shopping Centers are close to the hotel.

DAY 1: I noticed that SAFE DEPOSIT BOX in the room wasn't working and i rang the reception twice to notify them. ( Their response was they'll send someone to fix it..... but never been fixed while am there)

Secondly there was a small sign saying 'DO NOT TOUCH THE SHOWER'. I assume the main Shower is broken and there was an another Shower Tab but it was difficult to use as i have to hold the shower tab on my hand all the time.

DAY 2: I was away all day and night

DAY 3: I noticed that House Keeping Staff was making a bed with out removing the sheets and the don't do the corners. they not wiping the mirror and i have to ask them for a toilet paper :(

i also noticed there was NO Mini Bar fridge in my room. Just a empty space for the mini-bar,

DAY 4: The Movie Restaurant was good. Mostly everyone is friendly and food is OK. (Avoid drinking Water/ Milk in India) . Mineral water bottle was provided by the hotel everyday.

Indian family moved in next to me and they had a kids. what surprise me was the kids were using the hotel corridor as a play ground...... and some guests left their door open and they talk all the time with a loud voice specially the local men. lol

DAY 5: I booked the hotel Car on my Second day to drop me off at the Airport on Day5. The exact date and time was given to the Reception Staff. However when i checked-out on day 5. there was no car, i been told that i have to wait for an another 30mins if i need a hotel car. I was ended up taking a three wheeler to the airport as i was required to be at the airport minimum two hours before the departure. I am glad at least the reception guy arranged me a three wheeler in a last minute. not quite sure why this incident was happened.

I was bit disappointed about the Spring Hotel. On other hand its my fault to expect more or above average standard from the small Boutique Hotel. Staff are friendly. I don't mind staying in this hotel again however i expect these issues won't happen again

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank Sam_Aus257
Muthusrinivasan, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Mr. Sam,

Greetings from the spring!

It is a great pleasure for my team and I to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments to the team at front desk and service are also very much appreciated.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, which not only gives us an idea of where our strengths are but also provides important insights into where we can make improvements. Your comments have been shared with the relevant departments for appropriate action to be taken.

Once again thanks for your feedback.

We certainly hope to see you again when you next return to Chennai.

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Vernon Hills, Illinois
Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed at this hotel with my wify as she had the visa interview appointment with the US cousulate.This hotel is about 20 mins walk from the US embassy. Comfortable for 1-2 days stay. The breakfast the hotel provides is good and mostly Indian. The main door has 3-4 inch gap at the bottom, so it’s noisy when somebody walks and voice is clearly audible when somebody talks outside even when the doors are closed. There are some nice South Indian restaurants at the door steps that you can choose from.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mageshwaran
Muthusrinivasan, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Mr. Mageshwaran,

Greetings from the Spring!

Thank you so much for your review posted on Trip Advisor. We are delighted by your positive feedbacks, also noted the issues you have highlighted with concern and assure you that the respective corrective measures are taken with no time spared to ensure the same never reoccur.

Look forward to have you stay with us again.

We assure you the best service at all times.

Thanks & Regards

Kochi (Cochin), India
Reviewed September 26, 2012 via mobile

Stayed at The Spring for two nights
it's a perfect business hotel type if
You are traveling alone rooms are
apt.Morning breakfast (included) is
good.Location vise is also very good.
This hotel is done in a cinematic theme.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank jktomjk
Dear Guest,

Kind Regards

The Spring hotel
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed September 24, 2012

As described by many in the comments, the concept of this boutique hotel is superb.
It's like entering Bollywood. The staff is very friendly. At the end of the stay anybody will feel sad to say goodbye to them. They are really helpful to the complete strangers to the city. Location is very good. Just one high jump over the bridge for the visa applicants. Found good restaurants nearby for the dinner. The taste of the nearby restaurant "Dindigul Thalappakatti" is unique. Deluxe room is very small and gloomy because of the LED lights. The restaurant has not much of a variety of food. Restaurant seems busy for the tourists who are on vacation because of the morning news cast on giant screen. It cannot also be blamed as the theme of the hotel is more targeted the business crowd.
What is fascinating is the courtesy of the staff, taste of the masaala tea in the Cafeteria called "Caffeine", night club, and also the neatness of the room.

Room Tip: If you look for a spacious room, better speak to hotel reservation directly without dealing with a t...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Greetings from The Spring!!

Thank you for taking the time to share with us such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

It is heartening to note that our services provided by the team were appreciated. It was our pleasure to have been of service to you. It is a continuous endeavor to offer our discerning travelers indigenous, luxury experiences through our commitment to quality service.

We truly value your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back in your future visits.

Best Regards,

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The first thing that catches your eye as you enter the lobby at the Spring is the modern and contemporary design. The Spring is essentially, a boutique hotel. I loved the decor, modern, quirky details in the lobby. Funky furnishings and lovely use of bling in the foyer and waiting lobby. The coffee shop in the lobby seemed inviting enough but we were dead tired after a busy day and just wanted to kick up our heels and snooze before the busy day ahead the enxt day.
The room-well, small is an understatement. But being located bang in the middle of the city, at the heart of where all the action is, and at the price that we got, I would still say it was a steal. The room was small but what irked me was the lighting. I couldnt move around without tripping over-so there is dim lighting and there is darkness and this was more tending towards the latter. But the contemporary decor extended to the rooms. Bathroom was cramped but really neat and clean. Modern fittings gave it a luxe feel!
Next up is the food. We ordered Indian fare and were not disappointed. The food was adequate and though not extraordinary, was not bad either. We were only suprised to see that the cuisine did not have any resonance with the rest of the hotel. A boring multi cuisine menu for a fun, quirky hotel (Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde..hmmm!)..
Service was patchy but good in most parts. Check in and check out was smooth. Our cab for the airport was horribly late and we almost missed our early morning flight. But the desk promptly helped us with a replacement. So full marks to them for that!
Overall, good experience. highly recommended if you are in Chennai on work or for shopping.

Room Tip: with such a great location, try some interesting dining choices outside..all a small stroll away.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank AswathyGovind
Muthusrinivasan, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Ms. Aswathy Govind,

Greetings from the spring!

Once again thanks for your feedback.

We certainly hope to see you again when you next return to Chennai.

New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Good Hotel with feel of Bollywood, interior is all filmy, Rooms are very dark and lights only from LED. Room interiors are very Shiny and full of Silver and other colours. Rooms are spacious but need to choose. Good restaurants nearby. Overall its Good experience. Morning breakfast is average.

Room Tip: Pls. choose your room, in same price they have small as well as large rooms, Choose your room on 2nd...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Mr. Dipendra

Greetings from the spring!

Thank you for staying at The Spring Chennai, it was a pleasure having you with us.

We very much appreciate your encouraging feedback on our facilities and services. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.