All reviewsboutique hotelvalue for moneywalkable distancethe heart of the cityroom servicerooms are cleancomplimentary breakfastquality of foodvisabiovacchennaikodambakkaminterviewambiencespeed
Reviewed July 8, 2012

This property does not look like a hotel but more like an office building. An odd longish shaped building with no space at all - I felt claustrophobic. The decor was futuristic(?) and honestly looked frightening. The led lights in the room made you feel as if you are in a dimly lit restuarant. The furniture also looked modern but were uncomfortable. No proper place to sit and work. Room was tiny with the bed covering all the floor space. So you eat , work and sleep on the bed only. Horrible. The location is good and the staff helpfull. The buffet breakfast was okay- went a bit late hence lot of things were missing. The hotel was overpriced also. Stayed for one night but not returning again for sure.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

Dear Sir

Greetings from the spring!

Thank you for staying at The Spring Chennai, it was a pleasure having you with us.

The Spring hotel is a business  model of boutique hotel, Since authentic boutique properties are generally small but better equipped to address all needs and  ensuring best services and comfort. However glad to have good feedback on the services and courtesies of the staff. We do have four categories of rooms hence request you  to book as per your requirement.

We very much appreciate your  feedback on our services. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The spring hotel in Chennai is located a short drive into the Kodambakkam high road as one turns from the Nungambakkom high road.

On the plus side, the location is fantastic - you're a short walk or auto ride away from many of the attractions or reasons you're in Chennai. The music academy, US consulate, gemin flyover and surrounding business buildings are all close by. My company's office at Haddow's road is also very close. There're several good restaurants close by - Zara's the spanish bar is few kms, Kumarakom (The kerala food joint) is walking distance. The hotel's own restaurant (movies) serves superb coffee and fresh dosas amongst a wide selection of other items for breakfast. Breakfast was included in the room rent for the night and it was great value for money (around Rs 3400/- for the night).

On the other hand there're no other facilities such as a pool or a gym as the hotel was initially designed to be a set of service apartments and this does reflect in the design. The rooms are on the smaller side and some of the furniture in the room (the study table, etc) is not well designed for tall people. This is the only reason why I've given it four stars.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Dear Mr. Arora,

Greetings from the spring!

It is a great pleasure for my team and I to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments to the team at front desk and service are also very much appreciated.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, which not only gives us an idea of where our strengths are but also provides important insights into where we can make improvements. Your comments have been shared with the relevant departments for appropriate action to be taken.
We do have gym facilities in our hotel.Once again thanks for your feedback.

We certainly hope to see you again when you next return to Chennai.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I choose this place based the fellow traveler reviews and tried to ignore the one off bad reviews too and I was mighty impressed. I took some pics for you see what I'm writing about.

My review is as follows:
Look and feel- I loved every bit of the decor. It was so well done and the lights were so good that it made me feel like I was in a 5 star dressing room. Pink and grey accents and classy stationary too. A few oddities did exist but I will overlook it.

Service - polite and to the point. Very professional. Didn't over please or over impose.
I asked for a pair of shower slippers, even though i had the basic room, they obliged.

In room dining
Was OK OK. Ordered veg ragout with penne and felt that the taste was as expected indianised. The veges were chunky and I asked for extra mushrooms on the side which went missing. For 250 odd rs I guess it could've been better.

Breakfast
Again a very limited spread but I'm not really complaining here. Everything was fresh and satisfying.

Location
Even though it says kodambakkam high road, I would tell the auto guy it is on nungambakkam high road cross. Well located.

Overall a fantastic option for the price I paid. The hotel did send a thank you SMS too. Nice touch.

Will return again!

Room Tip: choose rooms with a view and book via travel websites for better deals
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank vdivvu
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Dear Madam

Greetings from the spring!

We very much appreciate your encouraging feedback on our facilities and services. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I was in chennai a month ago for my us visa interview. And i stayed here overnight. The staff was really friendly and helpful. I had to take couple of print outs and the receptionist helped me out with that. I ordered room service and the good was delivered within the mentioned time and food was warm and tasted decent.

It is a mid level hotel, so dont really expect anything out of the ordinary. Rooms are not all that spacious - i stayed in a deluxe double room. And the lighting inside the hotel is really under par. they use LED lights most of the places and let me tell you, they are not pleasant. the underlit rooms and hallways in my only negative comment about this place. Oh ! and the room is not so sound proof. By around 11 pm i could hear everything happening in the kitchen - from people talking in tamil to plates being taken out of the washer. It was a little annoying but is fixable by pumping up the TV volume a little until you are sleepy ! :)

the complimentary breakfast they offer is again decent. Not a really wide spread at the same time, it has south indian delights to hash browns.

And its a 5 min walk from the us embassy, so if you have early morning appointment at the embassy and you want a place to crash the night before this place is perfect !

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear Mr. Thomas,

Greetings from the spring!

It is a great pleasure for my team and I to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments to the team at reception and room service are also very much appreciated.

We certainly hope to see you again when you next return to Chennai.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

The hotel is calm and quiet although it is in the best locations of Chennai. Very tasty food and provides all facilities like sounds, projectors etc. has Internet and WiFi connectivity. The restaurent is named Movies, it shows a blockbuster movie on the large screen all the time.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Dear Sir

Greetings from the spring!

We very much appreciate your encouraging feedback on our facilities and service. We look forward to being of service to you again in the future.