All reviewsboutique hotelvalue for moneywalkable distancethe heart of the cityroom servicerooms are cleancomplimentary breakfastquality of foodvisabiovacchennaikodambakkaminterviewambiencespeed
Reviewed May 6, 2012

The Spring Hotel turned out to be a pleasant surprise for a most reasonably-priced hotel I've ever experienced! I did not expect it to be India, but why not? The people of Tamil Nadu and Chennai are the friendliest in the whole country, and the folks at the Spring Hotel really are there to serve and enjoyed doing that. From meeting our airport transfer with a big sign, to drop off five days later, everyone was right there for us, it all worked. The place is owned by India's own version of Jackie Chan, Rajinikanth, and the restaurant is named "The Movies." From the tiles that change colors as you step on them at the entrance backed by a lot of fun and creative art, it's just a pleasure to be there. The food! The food is fantastic! Chef John Satish could not turn out anything less than delicious if he tried. We never left the hotel to eat! From the scrumptious, wide-ranging free breakfast buffet, which kept us going until dinner, itself a mouth-watering feast, we did not think for a moment we would do better anywhere else. Even if you stay somewhere else, come over to the Spring Hotel to eat!

Room Tip: First floor, you can hear a dance beat until 11:00 PM, then it's quiet. If you don't want to dance that late, try a higher floor. There are a lot of folks having a lot of fun at this hotel, it's hip and playful.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Oneno2nd
Muthusrinivasan, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Greetings from the Spring!

We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. I have shared your valuable feedback with concerned departments.

Guest experience is our highest priority and it is always gratifying to receive such valuable comments. Team The Spring looks forward to welcoming you back.

Kind Regards

The Spring hotel

Reviewed May 3, 2012

We loved this hotel. The service was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The food was extraordinary. We have been in India almost 6 months and this is the best food we have eaten, anywhere. We were so enchanted by the variety and taste of the many different kinds of food we ate that we choose not to eat anywhere else in Chenni. We highly recommend staying at The Spring. It is a jewel of a hotel. We met many people who had not ever stayed at the hotel ,yet came to eat at the restaurant. We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter as there is music in a pub. We danced in our room so we enjoyed it.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Happynow44
Muthusrinivasan, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2012

Kind Regards

The Spring hotel

Reviewed April 29, 2012

First off would like to say that what happened to me might not happen always and its a one time affair but the fashion in which it was handled is what really annoyed me.

The air conditioning in my room was coming on and off since 8pm and by 10 pm i knew something was wrong and thought they would take care of it. well i woke up sweating at 1 am called the front desk. he tells me that he is sorry and the ac isn't working no other rooms are available to shift me but he can send a table fan to my room.

Now how could they have handled it better? They could have refunded me the money and sent me to diff hotel at 9 or 10 pm when they knew its not gonna work. until i made the call nobody even bothered to tell me something was wrong with the ac. nobody took blame at 1 pm and just passed the phone around from one person to another. they didn't have the decency to say sorry first thing in the morning. while i was checking out they did try to waive my food bill of 500 rps which i declined and paid, at this time there were 5 ppl behind the lady in coats and none was even remotely willing to say sorry. after i paid the bill and cleared it some manager did say he was sorry. but come on i paid 6000 rps didn't get even 1000 rps worth of my money.

I never want a refund but this shows how they handle a situation when stuff goes wrong. even an donkey can manage stuff when everything is going fine. if they handled this situation in such amazing fashion imagine if something really goes wrong, the management might all leave the hotel and run with out even informing you.

For that price the hotel is super flimsy walls, u can hear everything in the corridor and they can hear everything in the room. the bathroom fixtures are really cheap but they look expensive as hell until u use em u will know how cheap the fixtures are.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank simhapurlion

Dear Sir

Greetings from the Spring Hotel!

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Spring. We regret for the inconvenience caused to you.I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincere apologies.

At The Spring, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I have noted your feedback, please be rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

We appreciate your sharing your concerns and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Kind regards

M.Srinivasan
The Spring Hotel

Reviewed April 17, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for one night when I had to go to US Consulate in Chennai. The hotel is located next door to The Palmgrove hotel (another fav amongst people visiting Chennai solely to go to the US Consulate). It takes about 1 hour to 1.5 hours to get to the hotel from the Chennai airport. The traffic is crazy all through the route.

The hotel is supposedly owned by Rajnikanth (Indian browsers will know who he is ) and the decor screams it. The hotel is like one crazy house with these crazy colors popping from all over.

The rooms are tad bit small with just sufficient place to walk around the bed. The bed is comfortable with a number of pillows to cater to most travelers need. The room is wifi enabled and have an individual air condition controller units. Each of the rooms have a safe which works great to keep your valuables and not worry much.

The bathrooms have all the modern fittings and there is 24hrs hot water - not like it is required in a city like Chennai. A hair dryer is available in all bathrooms.

The food is very very average. They seem to have a buffet set up for all the three meals but an a la carte menu is available. The service in the restaurant is fantastic and they are very tentative towards one's dietary needs.

The hotel has a visa package which includes breakfast and drop to the US Consulate - definitely a plus.

Room Tip: Ask rooms which are at the back of the building away from the front desk. They are much quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Good_Tiding
Thespringhotel, Front Office Manager at The Spring Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2012

Greetings from the Spring!

Thank you so much for your review posted in Trip Advisor. We are delighted by your positive feedbacks and I shall certainly share the same with my team which will be a great motivational factor. Look forward to have you stay with us again.

Thanks & Regards
The Spring Hotel

Reviewed March 16, 2012

Situated above what seems to be one of Chennai's hottest nightclubs, the Spring Hotel is perfect for business travel if you enjoy falling asleep to the jarring thud of a low quality sound system each night, that is. The front desk staff are terrible, but all the service staff have been attentive and pleasant. Staff are rude to my auto driver most mornings. Some cute touches in the room - the bottle opener on the bathroom vanity was pretty convenient. The lighting is terrible, though.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 2nd floor, and towards the back of the building - distance yourself from Red Elephant
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business