“Hilton Chennai”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #10 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia
“Hilton Chennai”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Hilton Chennai is one of the best hotel I have stayed in Chennai. I was here on a business trip and they made it so comfortable. Even the restaurants has a premium quality of food, little heavy on pocket but worth it. Also the staff was so welcoming and helpful during my entire trip of 6 months that I stayed here. If I happen to come back to Chennai, I know where I will be staying.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Vivek

It was indeed a pleasure to have you stay with us for the last six months. We certainly value you as one of our loyal guests and the team at Hilton Chennai cannot wait to welcome you back in the near future.

Parag Sawhney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Excellent hotel. All staff are polite except sales team who are arrogant and unprofessional. Discussions held to get a long term tariff. Received a completely different offer. Mindset take it or leave it we don't care. All other aspects of the hotel outstanding

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Parag S, Director of Operation at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Tarun

Thank you very much for your patronage. I am delighted to learn that you found the service levels throughout your stay to be of very high standard. I understand that your experience with the sales team was not up to your expectation and I would welcome you to kindly forward mw your details in order for me to contact you for further details on the incident. I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip for less than a day, I would say. It was refreshing to be greeted with a welcome drink, fruits and chocolates on arrival and check-in to the room. The check-in service was excellent-truly what you would expect from a 5 star-where they let you relax in a corner while they complete formalities. The front desk staff were very helpful. Helped me arrange cheap local travel for the day and advice on sight-seeing. Very good with arranging sandwiches to carry for a quick lunch and breakfast too. The hotel is located slightly on the outskirts-closer to the airport and farther away from the centre of the city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
Many thanks for choosing to stay at Hilton Chennai. I am very pleased to learn of your fantastic experience, please rest assures as I have shared your kind comments with the Front of House team members. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It was a stay for just a day.
I was surprised that the internet facility was not complimentary!
But they were quick enough to offer a complimentary card for one hour.
Though in TN,there were not adequate number of Tamil channels in the TV network.
The breakfast in Vasco was great!What a variety!

Room Tip: Rooms on 9th floor could be noisy on weekends due to dance in 10th floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you very much for staying at the Hilton Chennai. I would like to bring it to your kind attention that the internet access in public areas is complimentary and our Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond members also enjoy complimentary access in their rooms. I understand that you have had a very comfortable stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was my first time visiting India and the staff at the Hilton Chennai defiantly added to the experience. As others have said there is a lot of building work going on right outside the hotel but once you step through the door you cannot hear any of the construction work or the traffic.

Check in was in the early hours of the morning and I was shown to the large room by the receptionist. I often struggle to get to sleep the first night in a hotel but the beds and pillows were very comfortable and getting a good nights sleep was not a problem.

I stayed here for 3 nights and ate at both the Ayna & Vasco's restaurants; the service in both restaurants was very good and the food was to a very high standard. Breakfast was served in the Vasco's restaurant and again was good with a large choice of both hot and cold items.

I had arranged for the hotel to pick me up from, and take me back to, the airport and this all went smoothly with no issues.

My only issue is more with the Hilton chain is that want to charge you for wi-fi access; I often stay at the Novotel hotels where wi-fi is free, for the money you pay at the Hilton they really should not be charging for internet access.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear Brian

It is indeed a pleasure to read your review, thank you very much for taking the time to share your fantastic experience at Hilton Chennai. I fully agree with you that our restaurants Ayna and Vasco's serve very sumptuous cuisines and our chefs take a lot of pride in delivering a high class meal experience. I would also like to bring to your attention that the internet access in public areas is complimentary and our Hilton Honors Gold and Diamond guests receive complimentary access in their rooms too. Should you need any assistance in future, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Chennai
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed one night at the Hilton recently. Located at Guindy, , proximity to the airport is good. The entrance was congested , especially with theMetro work just outside the hotel.
Good service. Though the check in took sometime. But they offered us drinks on the house while we waited. Very good rooms. The food quality was good. The q-bar ambience at night was good.
But for such a big hotel I was surprised that they did not have a beauty salon.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Nirmala

It is such a delight to read that your recent stay with us was a comfortable one. I agree that the on-going metro work right in front of the hotel slows the traffic down at peak hours and I have also made a note of your expectation of a beauty salon. Should you need any assistance in future, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Chennai
Reviewed September 27, 2013

This was our first experience in Hilton Chennai and indeed it was a occasion to remember, their ball room is so huge it can accommodate 200 members. The ambiance was nice, this in addition we were able to sneak into the rooftop bar. Because the Metro project in full swing the area outside the hotel is congested and huge traffic jams. Hope this gets thru once the Chennai metro is in operation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Navaneeth

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Hilton Chennai. We indeed have a very spacious pillar less ballroom where we have hosted events with an attendance in excess of thousand guests. The metro work is being carried out throughout the city as a result the traffic is certainly not flowing as smoothly. We look forward to your return visit, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.