Hilton Chennai
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$132
$128
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$139
$171
  • Pool
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$91
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$71
$52
Agoda.com
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$150
$61
$86
$58
Agoda.com
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$106
$59
1,649 results
All reviewsq barrooftop barexecutive loungemetro stationindian restaurantbusiness tripclose to the airportexcellent serviceexcellent hotelspecial thanksexcellent staybreakfast buffetspecial mentionrestaurant staffquality of foodin room dininggreat hospitality
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was my first experience in India, I stayed at the hotel for 3 weeks in September 2013. The hotel is really quite nice, and if you are working in an office in the Olympia technology park, it's about a 100meter walk down the road.

I will say that the area in front of the hotel has construction causing heavy traffic, and making it difficult to walk about 10 meters in either direction (no sidewalk, you are walking on the street with motorcycles, cars, buses, bicycles, and everything else). Other than this it's well located. The construction is for the new metro-rail, so I don't think it will be done for a couple of years.

The hotel has a couple of eating choices: lobby cafe for light meals, buffet eating, and a couple of bars that I think serve some food. There is also room service. The taxes/fees for room service is no more expensive than eating in the cafe - ~15% tax, 5% "service" tax. That being said, some of it is quite pricey. The buffet eating place is about $30 for lunch buffet with a bottle of water. The food is pretty good, but not that good. There are much more interesting choices around town, but you'll need to talk to someone local to know what they are (BBQ nation is really good) - and they tend to be much much cheaper ($10 per person, not $30).

Still service is 2nd to none. There is a pool on the roof, which is nice if its not raining. There's a number of bars and on Saturday evening I saw quite the crowd headed up to them.

If you will be eating breakfast in the hotel daily, and purchasing internet look into the executive package, it includes both internet and breakfast daily - and also includes a executive lounge with happy hour drinks, softdrinks all day and well into the night, as well as snacks in the evening. This lounge also has tea/coffee and biscuits during the day.

I can easily recommend for service and location to olympia technology park.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rayaa3
Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

It is indeed very refreshing to read your review based on your three weeks with us at Hilton Chennai. Please rest assured as I have shared your compliments with my entire team; I completely agree that the team is highly committed to ensure that the guest needs are proactively met. Should you need any assistance in near future, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I had a great stay at the Hilton Chennai. The dining options were great and the staff could not be any more helpful. In addition the rooms are clean and spacious. My only criticism is that on a Friday and Saturday night there is a club on the rooftop (10th floor) from my room (7th floor) it was still so noisy I was unable to sleep until the club finished.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Hilton Chennai. It is such a delight to read that you were impressed with the service standards and professionalism with which the team serves all our guests. I have already made a note of your feedback on the music on weekends and corrective actions are being implemented. Please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com for any assistance in future.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I have been to India a couple of times and i would definitely stay here again. We ate here most nights, and some of what we ate was really exceptional. There was a huge selection for breakfast. The Gym and bar facilities were very good too, all you could want. The best hilton i've stayed in to date.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you very much for tagging us as the best Hilton hotel. The entire team at Hilton Chennai takes great pride in ensuring that every single guest experiences a highly personalised service throughout their visit. We all look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

I had a good stay at the Hilton Chennai. The hotel is amazing and it is at par with the Taj group of hotels, The Hyatt, Mariott etc... I loved my stay as the ambience is amazing and i was very much comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Quazi Habibul I
Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

It is indeed a pleasure to know that you had a comfortable and enjoyable stay with us at Hilton Chennai. The team at Hilton Chennai takes great pride in converting our first stay guests into loyal guests and if I can be of any help in the near future, please feel free to reach me directly at parag.sawhney@hilton.com. I look forward to welcoming you back home.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The roof-top bar and swimming pool is great. At night the city around you is amazing. Nice to have a few drinks up there.

The rooms were smaller than other hotels I stayed in India's main cities. The restaurants were expensive - food was fine but overpriced.

The internet did not work. The bill was wrong. They forgot my wakeup call.

Room Tip: No tips I am afraid
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JohnMLeeLondon
Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us at Hilton Chennai. I understand that you enjoyed the roof top view of the city and I have also noted that you were not completely satisfied with your stay on this occasion. I sincerely apologise for the shortfall and in order to gain further insight in your experience, may I request you to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com. I look forward to personally welcoming you back to Hilton Chennai for a seamless stay.