Hilton Chennai
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$210
$140
$184
$177
  • Pool
$87
$65
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$114
$102
Trip.com
$81
$61
Hotels.com
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$151
$66
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$71
$52
Agoda.com
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$63
$60
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$133
$112
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Savera Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
$63
$60
1,653 results
All reviewsq barrooftop barexecutive loungemetro stationindian restaurantbusiness tripclose to the airportexcellent serviceexcellent hotelspecial thanksexcellent staybreakfast buffetspecial mentionrestaurant staffquality of foodin room dininggreat hospitality
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This will be a short Shah Rukh review (the cats are playing outside ...). But still he had to get his thoughts out. Normally, his Hilton stays are excellent but this was an exception. The hotel itself is very nice in terms of layout and the rooms are modern with excellent lighting. The lobby is a bit bland but otherwise ok. The activity on the 3rd floor (restaurants + bar) makes it a special place. For this reason, Shah Rukh couldn't quite give this hotel a one-star rating.

So what is wrong? Service! The gentlemen at the hotel entrance (security, porters, etc.) are truly excellent and welcoming, and it was a joy to greet them every day upon returning to the hotel. Unfortunately, the nice touch ends at the doormat. The front desk is populated with people who appear to have a strident attitude. It's not worth going into details of my personal experience, since each person's will be different, but over a span of three days I'm afraid I had largely negative experiences. The service in the restaurant is also quite poor and not up to the standards expected of a nice hotel. I had a guest who independently remarked how poor the service was - largely neglect of guests, inability to provide information on items in the menu, and a rather unprofessional overall quality that made them appear to be trainees.

The biggest problem with this hotel is the bar. The one on the third floor is fabulous in terms of its layout and ambience. However, they stop serving at 11 pm! When asked why, Shah Rukh was told that there is a bar on the top floor of the hotel that is open till 1 am. It turns out that this is open air by the swimming pool and therefore hot, humid, and closed on rainy days. When asked further why this disparity, it turns out that the property is allowed only one license to keep a bar open till late. So some management genius decided to apply that one license to the pool bar to make sure it is the one that can stay open late, while the nice bar which is more appropriate for guests and business meetings has to close early. Go figure ...

So, in the future, Shah Rukh will have to choose another business hotel. There is a reason why this HIlton does not rank among the top in the TA list for Chennai, and travellers should carefully review some of the negative comments. They are right on. There's a lot more to write, but alas, the cats are waiting.

Shah Rukh says: Beware that this hotel will take a deposit on your credit card upon checking in, I guess to make sure you can cover your bill. Very cheap tactic, and one I have not seen at other Hiltons in India.

Shah Rukh's tip: Do not even think of having breakfast in the Executive Club lounge.

Recommendation to Management: I will be happy to tell you of a larger list of issues during my stay. However, to ensure that you can improve dramatically, I would strongly suggest a blind performance audit by a reputable hospitality consulting firm. I'm not in that business so can't recommend one, but it is sorely needed. Then, please follow their advice ...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Shah_Rukh_2007
Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us. It was a pleasure talking to you and gaining a deeper understanding of your experience. Authorising a credit card upon arrival is a standard practice at Hilton Chennai and we also offer an alternative of cash deposit to all our guests. We have taken your feedback on board and I pleased to share that Vintage Bank is now operates till midnight. May I request you to reach me directly on parag.sawhney@hilton.com for all your future stays and I will personally ensure that you will have a memorable experience with us.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Had a great experience staying on a business trip for 2 nights last month,first week of June.

Warm service, pleasant staff,spacious room with all modern amenities one can expect in a new 5star accomdation.Excellent breakfast covering all tastes.

Enjoyed the night dinner for 2 days--"Aiyna".Still cant get over the Karaikudi veg dish,"yummy" indeed.Did not try the bar.Decently well connected to all parts of the city,being close to Katipara junction,commuting to main industrial areas is easier and good airport connectivity.Metro work is going on which causes traffic problems just outside.

Overall an unforgetfull and rich experience.Highly recomended.

Room Tip: Please try out and enjoy the stay and food.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

It is so refreshing to learn that we were able to live up to your expectations. The team at ‘Ayna’ (speciality Indian restaurant at Hilton Chennai) is highly encouraged by your kind appreciation and we cannot wait to welcome you back for yet another memorable experience. If I can be of any assistance in future, please reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton Chennai on business. A very pleasant time. On arrival prompt and effective service. Excellent rooms with a good view. All amenities present and correct. comfortable bed. excellent bath and shower. Food in restaurant for breakfast and dinner of a good standard. On site restaurant was excellent. Pool was good but needed a small amount of work a few cracked and unseated tiles on the surround. Excellent car service to the office. Staff friendly and more than happy to assist whenever asked. No complaints. Thumbs up

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

It is such a pleasure to read your valuable comments. Thank you for your kind recognition of all the hard work put in by my team to ensure that every single guest feels cared for, valued and respected at Hilton Chennai. I have made a note of your observations on our rooftop pool; please rest assured as the necessary actions have already been put in place. Should you need any assistance with your future stays, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

To start off , the main reason i headed to hilton was because of the open air feel, but sadly it had rained heavily so they had shut it down.. we still landed up there anyway and they said they shifted qbar to the banquet hall cus of the rain.. we went and they asked us to pay entry without cover which i was shocked cus tht never happened to me , not once in hilton on a sat night.. so we paid and walked in at 12am and it was actually a banquet hall, and we were like so not worth it.. so we immediately went to the manager (Parag) and told him we just came and we are not happy with it so we wanna leave and if we could have our entry refunded.. he was like trust me everyone from around the city are gonna land up here and the dj hasnt even started.. (Dave Seaman) and he told us if we dint have a good time by the morning that he would refund the entry himself and he handed his card over to us. so we waited and trust me i never knew a marriage banquet hall could be turned into a party madness zone ! It was just insane ! dave was going crazy over the music and i was there till the sun came up..and had the best night ever.. yes the prices are a bit high, but its defe worth it. I would say with a handicap cus of the rain.. they did pull it off.. hence the 4 stars.. ! On a sat night go where ever u want , but in the end everyone does land up in Qbar .

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank boomboomviv

Thank you very much for patenting the Q-Bar. You are absolutely right in saying that except for special events where we invest in bringing in a celebrity DJ, entry is always free. I am delighted to read that you had a great time irrespective of last minute changes due to the unexpected rain. It will always be our pleasure to welcome you back and should you ever need any assistance, please feel free to reach me directly on parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed in Hilton Chennai from 25th - 28th June. My stay in Hilton was excellent. Staff is very friendly. Morning breakfast has lot of varieties. The quality of food is very nice. Q-bar in the roof top has a nice ambiance with good variety of drinks. There is a multi cuisine restaurant, Ayna. I was surprised to see some very authentic regional dishes being offered in the restaurant. There is only one minor drawback, there is a metro construction going on in the area. Hence at times the traffic is really bad in and around that area. All in all my stay was excellent and I thank the Hilton team for making my stay pleasurable in Chennai.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Subhashish

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to learn that you not only experienced a very high level of friendly yet professional service but you also enjoyed the variety of food and beverage offerings at Hilton Chennai. I have shared your compliments with my team members at the roof top bar, multi cuisine restaurant Vasco's and speciality Indian restaurant Ayna. I completely agree with you on the current traffic situation due to the metro construction, the work in front of our property is expected to be completed by early next year.
Should you need any assistance in future, please feel free to reach me directly on parag.sawhney@hilton.com. We look forward to welcome you back home.