“Excellent Stay”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #10 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed in Hilton Chennai from 25th - 28th June. My stay in Hilton was excellent. Staff is very friendly. Morning breakfast has lot of varieties. The quality of food is very nice. Q-bar in the roof top has a nice ambiance with good variety of drinks. There is a multi cuisine restaurant, Ayna. I was surprised to see some very authentic regional dishes being offered in the restaurant. There is only one minor drawback, there is a metro construction going on in the area. Hence at times the traffic is really bad in and around that area. All in all my stay was excellent and I thank the Hilton team for making my stay pleasurable in Chennai.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Parag S, Director of Operations at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Subhashish

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to learn that you not only experienced a very high level of friendly yet professional service but you also enjoyed the variety of food and beverage offerings at Hilton Chennai. I have shared your compliments with my team members at the roof top bar, multi cuisine restaurant Vasco's and speciality Indian restaurant Ayna. I completely agree with you on the current traffic situation due to the metro construction, the work in front of our property is expected to be completed by early next year.
Should you need any assistance in future, please feel free to reach me directly on parag.sawhney@hilton.com. We look forward to welcome you back home.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Chennai

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Staff can provide excellent services and all are very friendly. I felt sick when I stayed at Hilton Chennai. The staff are very helpful and had given me a lot of assistance to help me recover. Excellent services and create piece of mind of customers. Good job

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Parag S, Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear C L,

Thank you for commending my team for their outstanding service. It is rewarding for them to know that they contributed well towards your recovery and positive experience at Hilton Chennai. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back home on all your future visits.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I did multiple stays @ Hilton Chennai between February and June and my overall experience has been great. Right from reservation to arrival to the actual stay managed very well.

Reservation/Hotel Booking:
On all my trips I did multiple reschedules which were addressed without any questions. The mobile app is great and it instantly syncs your new booking so you don't have to carry paper print outs. A huge plus!.

Location: Hotel is located close to DLF IT Park, close to airport and easily accessible by highway if you are driving down from Bangalore .. Hotel Entrance can be easily missed due to gigantic metro station work right outside this place, guess they didn't see it coming :) Having said this, even the road facing rooms are surprisingly quiet !

Arrival/check-in: Great, helpful staff. Very quick, hassle-free check-in. 3 out of 4 occasions got the room that I had requested for. No complaints there.

Rooms: Rooms are quite ok in size, Found showers to be far better than any other hotels that I had stayed recently. During one of my stays I had given feedback regarding some odour in the bathroom which was very promptly addressed and was brought to my notice during my next stay. They can do with few more complimentary water bottles, 2 aren't enough and I would hate to pay a fortune for a bottle I can get otherwise for 10 bucks.

Breakfast: 10/10! Sumptuous Indo-Continental buffet spread. Wouldn't miss it!

Staff/Service: Excellent service, very helpful staff. I ordered room service a few times and it was pretty quick. Restaurant / 24x7 food is expensive but tasty.

Gym was alright. Didn't get a chance to use pool, heard that it's good.

Overall I will give about 9/10 and would chose this place over nearby hotels or the ones in the city centre for that matter.

Room Tip: I have heard (though not experienced myself) that top floor rooms are noisy due to Q Bar on top floo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Parag S, Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Dear y2ksaurabh,

Thank you very much for sharing the reason why we have become your preferred hotel in Chennai.

Your continued patronage is of great value to us and to know that we have consistently delivered efficient service and excellent food to you during your stays, gives all my team members a sense of achievement.

I have noted your feedback regarding the complimentary bottled water and will review the same with my team. Should you need any assistance in future, I can be reached at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights in the Hilton Chennai. The hotel was excellent and the complete service from arrival to departure was 100%. The bar in the hotel is pleasant and offers a good selection of bar snacks. The food was also good, one of the best breakfast I have had in a hotel for a long time. Highly recommended for a business stay as it is situated close to major business parks and offices..

Dear harrissafety,

It is such a pleasure to know that your five-night stay with us was 100% excellent from arrival to departure. Thank you very much for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back home soon. If I can be of any assistance in future, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. Staff were great and very attentive. Buffet breakfast had a great variety and a real emphasis on healthy food options (but there is a mixture). Indian restaurant had a great choice of dishes in a relaxed setting. Roof top bar had great views over Chennai. Roof top pool was lovely in the morning, and my colleague used the gym which he said was excellent. The road outside can be a bit noisy with the beeping, but you soon get used to it! Overall a great hotel, and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear bombzen,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. I am delighted to read that my team made you feel at home and that you had memorable dining experiences at Vasco's, Ayna and Q Bar.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back in the future and should you need any assistance with making the booking, please feel free to reach me at parag.sawhney@hilton.com.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I spent 2 weeks at the hotel on business and enjoyed my stay. I arrived early and was made welcome at check in despite the hour. On a side note I did advise them in advance and would recommend doing so beforehand. They replied same day when I emailed. The location was close to my business and it's a 15-20 minute trip from the airport. It is not a central chennai hotel but given you will need transportation regardless of where you stay this is not a major problem.

The hotel reception was clean and cooler than the outside making it refreshing for people not used to the temperature.

The room was clean, spacious and modern furnishings. The rooms were cleaned daily and occasionally having towel animals in the room cheered me up.

There are 2 main restaurants Ayna which serves Indian cuisine and Vasco which is a buffet style restaurant. There is also a bar on the 3rd floor that serves a mix of pub grub. I didn't try the rooftop bar so I can't comment on that.

The staff in all the restaurants were friendly and over the 2 week stay I found them pleasant and willing to help. If you were looking for spicy curries I would recommend ayna rather than Vasco as they tame down the spiciness in Vasco. That said everyone was happy to cater for a colleague with specific dietary requirements and make something different for the rest of us after we had worked our way through the menu. A hint about Vasco is to take the buffet and not the a la carte menu as it's the same food.

There is a rooftop bar and swimming pool that give you a chance to relax. The gym is quite small and can get crowded but has modern equipment.

Although I enjoyed my stay some points to consider are:
1) the shop is limited to pricey souvenirs if you are looking for sundries, papers etc they don't stock any.
2) the rooftop bar has a nightclub on Friday and Saturday night and I could hear it 2 floors down but it was in the background and it was the bass I could hear. I would recommend a room at a lower level if you want peace and quiet. I didn't notice any noise from the metro rail being built outside the hotel.
3) use the do not disturb button and sign if you don't want disturbed. The staff will call frequently if you don't. They recommend the sign due to power cuts
4) unfortunately power cuts happen but they don't last long and not limited to the hotel
5) the staff have a comments card that they will handover in the restaurant and leave in the room. Although they are not pushy and it did not bother me I could see it getting people frustrated.

Overall I would happily come back here rather than other similar rated hotels I have stayed at in chennai.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 9th floor and some of the 8th floor will get noise from the rooftop disco at the weeken...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Parag S, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear ecossetraveller1745,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at Hilton Chennai, we are delighted that you enjoyed your two weeks with us.

It is so refreshing to read that the food and service at Vasco's and Ayna were outstanding. Positive feedback such as yours certainly encourages my team to deliver the exemplary Hilton service and world class culinary experience to all our guests.

We are reviewing the points you have highlighted and I am personally looking into how best we can address them. I am pleased to know that your overall experience was positive and we all look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Wonderful place to stay with a plesant atmosphere and courteous people around smiling all the time. Nice food and the amenities provided are also of premium quality. I would strongly recommend my friends to stay in Hilton when they in Chennai.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Arun G,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on Hilton Chennai, my team and I appreciate your valuable feedback. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.