“its a very excellent stay”
Review of Hilton Chennai

Hilton Chennai
Ranked #10 of 395 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Chennai (Madras), India
“its a very excellent stay”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I was a very pleasant stay in hilton Chennai with my family for a couple of week. Hotel was perfectly located just 15 minutes away from airport and even though traffic we got there quite quickly. The design of the hotel is very modern and light. My room was big and comfortable, bed was really perfect. Bathroom was very clean and I found there lots of shampoo’s etc, and my children my wife was very happy in hotel and the staff also very happy and very friendly with us and i prefer that property next time in next visit and i hope that u will enjoy and enjoy very much

Room Tip: ya the travelers can visit here and enjoy very fullfill a i love this property in chennai
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SWAPENJANA
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, June 20, 2012
Dear SWAPENJANA,

Thank you for your kind compliments and review of Hilton Chennai. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed a comfortable stay and our hospitality.

It is a pleasure to be your preferred hotel in Chennai and we hope to welcome you all back, should you return to India in the future.

Roger Brantsma

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Stayed over for a 1 week business trip.
I find myself looking forward to return to the hotel after each working day.

ROOMS - Very clean

During the 1st day of check in the light was flickering, and called the staff to look at it, and said he would return the next day to fix it. He did not return.

However, 2 days later, I have managed to speak to a staff on my way out, that the lights behind the tv, wardrobe and also the hair dryer is not working. It was fixed by the time I have been back from my dinner appointment. Very efficient and impressed.

On the last 3 days of our stay, we are welcomed by a big surprise in the room, with towel art on the bed. They are beautiful.

Good amenities given, and the housekeeping staff have been very neat, friendly and helpful.

DINING - Attentive

Would like to also give compliments to the staff for the night shift at Est.
As my colleague and I do need work very early before breakfast hours, our breakfast takeaway are always prepared well in advanced before we leave for the office. The staff makes an effort to remember our choice of coffee/tea, and do check with us if we are happy with the breakfast in the evening when we returned for cakes.

One the last evening, we made orders for 2 eggless cakes suitable for vegetarians after 8pm, and by 4am next morning, the cakes are ready for us to be picked up. Kudos to the good work done by the team to have this completed overnight for us. Our colleagues love the cake very much as well.

Room service menu was not attractive, and over priced.
Colleague had ordered for room service butter chicken curry with rice and cost up to 1400 rupees, which we have found out the next day that having it at the international buffet restaurant in the hotel would give much better value at approx 1600 rupees.

International Buffet Restaurant is very good. There's a different theme each day of the week, and happy to know that we will not be having the same food again. We had Italian on 1 night, and Seafood on the other. Desserts are wonderful, with pastries coming from the Est kitchen.

OTHERS

Security is good. Bags scanned upon entry. The staff are always presented with a smile, and always ready to extend a helping hand.

Blackouts are very often in the hotel and office even, only realized that this is a common phenomenon, because locals do not react much to it.
Lights usually come back in seconds, so don't panic.

As part of the package:
- We had complimentary internet services which was stable, fast speed and reliable.
- Airport transfer to and fro on the hotel's car. It is only a 15min ride away.

Did not try the gym / swimming pool though.

Thank you for the good stay and keep up the good job.

3 Thank Jelbbt
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Dear Jelbbt,

It is a great pleasure for my team and I to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments to the team at Est are also very much appreciated.

Thank you for your valuable feedback, which not only gives us an idea of where our strengths are but also provides important insights into where we can make improvements. Your comments have been shared with the relevant departments for appropriate action to be taken.

We certainly hope to see you again when you next return to Chennai.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 4, 2012

I chose this hotel as it was located a 2 minute walk from the office I was working in Chennai, however I was very pleasantly surprised on arrival to see how greeat this hotel was.

I spent two weeks in the hotel and the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful, no matter what role from Bell Boy, to receptionist to cleaner to waiters.

The room I had was spacious and contained all the luxuries you could want, including in room wi-fi. The restaurant was very nice and contained a wide selection of food on the menu and alsoi there was a buffet choice every evening. The best meal by far however was the Brunch on the weekend, ever food both western and Indian you could imagine was provided and very reasonable too.

The pool are and gym on the roof were very enjoyable and well stocked with water and towels, however, the Q bar on the roof in the evening as nice as it was, was ruined slightly by the very noisy DJ playing techno/house music which lost the ambiance a little bit.

This is a very good hotel and I will almost certainly use it on my return should I head back to Chennai.

2 Thank Neil R
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Dear Neil R,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay at Hilton Chennai, it is a pleasure knowing that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Your encouraging feedback is very much appreciated, especially by my team who continually work hard to provide the best personalised service and stay experience for all our guests. My Chefs are also delighted that you consider our weekend brunch your best meal!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

I stayed two nights at the hotel.
Big clean rooms with a modern touch.
Staff is friendly and serviceminded and eager to help.

Nice small pool at the rooftop, had to wait for almost 30 min for a beer.

I tried the indian resturant and it was good.

• Stayed April 2012
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Dear tompatiger,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Chennai, we very much appreciate your feedback and insights from your recent stay.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our service, facilities and restaurant. It is unfortunate that your otherwise pleasant stay experience was slightly marred by your long wait for your beer! I have shared your feedback with my team and can assure you that we are addressing and improving the good service standards expected of our hotel.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Copenhagen
Reviewed May 27, 2012

By far the best hotel I've staid at in Chennai. Newly decorated rooms, good restaurant and very competent staff that understand what you say and respond effficiently and quickly.

1 Thank Skjeldsen
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Dear Skjeldsen,

It is a pleasure to read your compliments of Hilton Chennai and especially rewarding for my team to know that you were happy with their service and efficiency.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Central Texas
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I stayed here for four nights on a recent business trip. The location was excellent as it was only a short walk to the office complex where I was working. Only about a 15 minute ride from the airport. Hotel is not in the center of the city, but is adjacent to the metro rail system that is under construction. Rooms are well-furnished with flat screens and desk port inputs for HDMI and USB in case you want to lookup a portable device to play movies or DADs on the tv. At least 3 different restaurants, all nice, on the property. Rooftop bar and pool is very nice at night. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank hokie86
GMHiltonChennai, General Manager at Hilton Chennai, responded to this review, May 27, 2012
Dear hokie86,

Thank you for your kind compliments of Hilton Chennai, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay.

It is very much a pleasure for my team and I to know that you were happy with our hospitality, the rooms and facilities. Your feedback indeed provides us with insights into what is important for all our guests during their stay.

We certainly look forward to your next trip back to Chennai and to serving you again.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Stayed here on business from 03/30/12 - 04/06/12. Great experience with no complaints whatsoever. Easily the nicest hotel I have stayed at in some time and I am a very frequent traveler. I hope to stay again at this property very soon.

Highlights:
1) Quick and friendly check in with prompt escort to the room.
2) Very nice, clean and spacious rooms.
3) Attentive service in every department.
4) GREAT food and drink