“stay at taz kamar” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Taz Kamar

Taz Kamar
Ranked #36 of 386 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Borivali, Maharashtra, India
“stay at taz kamar”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

Approach to the hotel was a disaster.Room is small and too congested with less natural light coming into room.One cannot expect a good coffee at 6 am,because they do not have full fledged room service.Breakfast is average,I have seen reviews of other travelers and I do not know how they liked this hotel so much.Will not certainly recommend to anyone unless and until other hotels are not available.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
tazkamar, General Manager at Taz Kamar, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Mr Arun,

We at Taz Kamar Inn are rather surprised to find your review as you had claimed that you had stayed in our property in the month of November 2012. On thorough scrutiny of our records we find that no guest by name Mr Arun had checked in during the month of Oct, Nov and Dec 2012. Please give us the exact date of your stay and on whose name the booking was done so as to investigate and find out what exactly made you write an indifferent review for a stay which happened almost a year ago.

However we would like to clarify the following on the larger interest of the guest who have been patronizing our hotel.

T.Nagar is the biggest shopping district in India by revenue and it accommodates the leading retailers if Silks, Gold and utensils in a small area so it is always crowded, hence you may have had difficulty in accessing the property.

Taz Kamar Inn has been renovated extensively since the time you have claimed to stayed with us.We the management of Taz Kamar will be too glad to receive you to our property once again to experience the warmth and cleanliness of Taz Kamar Inn. Please feel free to call us when you decide to visit us so that we could organize for a pick to our hotel.

Thanking you and assuring you the best of services at all times.

Regards,

For Taz Kamar Inn,
M.G.Jahir Hussain - G.M
+919566127888

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

My name is Selva from Malaysia. I stayed in Taz Kamar Hotel together with my family members of three. I plan to stay only for two days. But it turn up to be four days. The was a reason behind it.The staffs in this hotel was very friendly, helpful and kind. The G.M Mr. Jahir is a such a great person who always close to his staffs and also to the hotel guest. The front office Manager Mr. Nithya was very helpful person in all angle & caring.The desk person Miss. Pavithra was very helpful too.
The room was very clean including the toilet. ( Malaysians was concerns on toilet rather than room. ) Rooms are very well maintained compared to last visit few months back. Location is an added advantage. It was just walking distance to T. Nagar main shopping area.
I must also mention Hotel's Shallot Restaurant. The food was excellent and the staff are very friendly.
I would recommend to my friends who would like to travel and shopping in Chennai.
My stay was pleasant and excellent.
Once again I'm thanking their management and the staff.

1 Thank Selva R
Dear Mr.Selva,

Thank you very much for your stay with us and we eagerly look forward to your next visit. The positive review was shared with our team and they were very pleased and thanked you for being our guest.

Thank you once again and assuring you the best of services at all times.

Best regards,

G.M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My name is Agnes Lourdes from Malaysia and being an hotelian in a five star hotel. I was in India for almost 10days, stayed in Taz Kamar for 4 days. I have travelled to many places but this is the best ever hotel that I could find the people are very nice and you can't find this kinda hospitility. The GM (Mr. Jahir) is such a gem together with his staffs and not forgetting Mr. Asfer too. I really had a wonderful stay in Taz Kamar the place is very clean too.

Room Tip: Basically all the rooms are good to stay.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Ann7241
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed two nights at the Tazz Kamma Inn at T nagar IN Chennai.I check-in one O’clock at night in the hotel with my family and I was really been pleased after getting the warm welcome with moist face cloth by the front desk stuff. The room was very clean and the bed was extremely comfortable and very fast WiFi. The service staff was really friendly as well as professional, especial I would be thankful to the front desk manager name Pavithra who booked the cab for our airport drop. They also have a good restaurant which offer lunch and dinner with dessert in reasonable rate. All in all everything about my stay was pleasant and excellent. I am planning my next visit to Chennai very soon and forward to the hospitality of Taz Kamar inn and also recommended the hotel other travelers who would like to travel and shopping in Chennai.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family.

1 Thank SUSHOVAN773
chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

We are from South east coast, and we came for treatment and it was really forced us to look into the shopping paradise of T.Nagar. We really very much enjoyed with Taz Kamar Inn. Moreover we enjoyed with their hospitality from top to down. As the Management till the Door man had given us the best services which we never ever had in our turn. However we do recommend this hotel for the whole ethnic travelers to have such wonderful experience in the facility. Food was good as they provide us the complimentary breakfast and do recommend for whole and sole. Once again i am thanking their management and the staff.

2 Thank jashana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I enjoyed my stay in this hotel.Though the rooms are of average size,they are nevertheless very well maintained and best of all,were very clean (including the toilets) which was what I was more concerned with.

The staff were very pleasant,friendly and hospitable.Their service level was excellent.

Would definitely stay in this hotel again and would recommend this hotel to other travellers who would like to stay in the vicinity of T-Nagar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
9 Thank PalaR
Chennai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Whenever in Chennai, it is my pleasure to stay at TAZ KAMAR INN .
Always terrific, the renovation to the Rooms about 1 years back has done wonders to the property.
The rooms as usual pure luxury. The staff are as usual very polite, helpful and, at the same time, unobtrusive. A delight for everybody.
I would recommend this hotel to everybody. Centrally located in the Best Shopping Area in T.Nagar,
The Hotel staff takes extra care from the stage of booking through checking out and if you use hotel car, up to the airport/Railway Station etc.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family