Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$234
$153
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$75
ITC Grand Chola, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$176
$137
  • Pool
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $175/night.

$67
$60
Hyatt Regency Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$100
$79
$94
$75
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$62
$57
Savera Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
$46
$43
Agoda.com
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$175
$103
Priceline
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$84
$61
Priceline
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Smart Haven is a small property, Well maintained by hard working staff. I stayed there during my chennai visit staff is very helpful. They made my stay very perfect and i had no problem at all. Well maintained and perfect place to stay. Will recommend it to everyone good place for corporates and even family and couples.
Family can stay there and feel like home. I felt like home during my stay.

locating the hotel is not a tough task as you can find it easily on goggle maps or just call the hotel they will provide the directions.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Gourav_Yadav
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Date: 13 April 2014
Room No.: 102

Considering Early reviews on TripAdvisor and other portals I decided to book this hotel. It was surely a right choice. Since I was travelling on business purpose and as i needed to provide a professional cum homely ambiance to my clients I choose this hotel. We held our discussion at dormitory as long as we could with full privacy. It was really great experience.

Even though its situated in prime land mark area (5 lights), my clients and even local pizza guy found difficult to locate it. But you can depend on Google Maps to locate this property.

Though it is projected as business hotel, i think it can be ideal for family and couples too.

PROPERTY: It has total 3 floors and each floor contains 6 Rooms. (A dormitory is shared for every 3 rooms) Each room has a AC unit, Satellite TV, Wardrobe, Study Table and a chair. Bathroom was clean and it has separate shower area. Each room has stand alone electric geyser. Dormitory/Kitchen is equipped with 4 burner Gas Stove, Micro-oven, Refrigerator, Electric Kettle, Basic Cookeries, AC, High Dining Area, 3 Couch and a table. It also has Conference hall at the ground floor with good amenities.

POSITIVE SIDE: Staffs are very helpful and generous. They addressed my every request immediately. Rooms & Dormitory were clean. Amenities like refrigerator, micro-oven, Gas stove were working fine.

NEGATIVE SIDE: AC at Dormitory attached with my room was not working. Upon my request, staff allowed me to use 2nd Floor dormitory for the meeting with my clients. Satellite Televisions at dormitory was running out of subscription. Water pressure in Bathroom was low. Breakfast served was average and can be improved.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
PHaven, Guest Relations Manager at Smart Haven, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your genuine feedback. We always encourage our guest to pen down there feedback, as it helps us to improve our service & standards.

On other hand, we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused due to AC malfunctioning at your allotted apartment's living area. We also regrets about the water pressure and breakfast offered which was not having enough varieties . We have addressed the issue in our management meeting and will surely improve it. Looking forward to have you with us on your next travel plan.

Subhra

Reviewed January 29, 2014

This is actually more of corporate guest house and not hotel. i mistook to be a hotel. All you find will be folks from some or other corporate undergoing a training and staying here. rooms were neat and clean though. Our room had some smell, and they changed it quickly on request. It serves only breakfast ( not something to talked about , very regula south indian breakfast). you would get better hotels at this price. suited more for corporate training or workshops ( with no fancy frill )

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
PHaven, Guest Relations Manager at Smart Haven, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Mr Prem,

Thank you for staying with us. I agreed with you that we are not hotel but an service apartment. Service apartment concept is slightly different from regular Hotels. In Service Apartment you get the feeling more of homeliness.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused during your stay and need to change the room instantly. The issue was addressed to our housekeep department and necessary action has been taken.

You can also try our luxury property at egmore " Perfect Haven @ Egmore" on your next travel plan.

Looking forward to serve you better on your next visit.

Smart Haven Team

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Good about the place: - 1) Quick response right from I contacted them.
2) Arranged for a pick up ( I was charged Rs 600) which I felt was on the higher side. ( I feel its better if you take cab from airport)
3) Clean room
4) Clean bed
5) Good breakfast
6) Kitchen ... if you want to cook...
Something I felt need improvement: 1) Mosquitoes!!! and I could not sleep :( 2) Wi fi was not working 3) toiletries in the bathroom... 4) Clean towel

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Biswajitdev
PHaven, Guest Relations Manager at Smart Haven, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We have taken all necessary step to ensure there is no - mosquito problem any more and also have planned to keep informed our clients not keep open the windows . Also regarding Wi-Fi, we have spoken to our service provider and things have been sorted out.

We would once again like to invite you to stay with us so that we can get chance to serve you better.

Subhra Banerjee
Revenue & Reservation Manager

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I spent 15 nights at Smart Haven and should say that overall it was very satisfying.Few reasons why i would not rate it as excellent:

a.) The complimentary breakfast that is served daily is repetitive and kinda gets boring for the taste buds. Considering i stayed there for 15 days, i found it absolutely boring to have Idli/Vada/Pongal & Poori every single day. They could so with some variation. (The breakfast menu card placed inside the rooms states a different breakfast item for every single day though which is not the case).

b.) The Wi-Fi internet was off and on on some days. Speed was at an all time low.

c.) The A/C in some rooms is super chilling (106) while does not even do basic cooling in some (203). I stayed in both the rooms.

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Mr Nair,

We are sorry for bit late response but I guess better late then never. Thank you for your kind word of appreciation. Your feedback is very important to us. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused due to Ac malfunctioning and need to change the room. The problem was attended immediately by our maintenance team and got rectified. Thank you for helping us to serve you better .

We would looking forward to serve you once again on your next travel plan to Chennai.

Smart Haven Team