Hyatt Regency Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$90
$71
Hyatt.com
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$75
ITC Grand Chola, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$161
$137
  • Pool
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$121
  • Pool
$60
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$61
$83
Savera Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
$46
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$83
$64
$52
Agoda.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here for 5 nights on business and was delighted with the place. My room was clean, the bed was very comfortable, and everything worked. After a hard day at the office it was just great to have a pleasant shower then flop in front of the TV with the AC on.

The staff were extremely helpful and went out of their way to offer transport advice (eg. taxis versus autos, hourly hire versus distance hire). When it seemed that I had misplaced my return air ticket, they immediately suggested that I login to the staff computer, locate it on the internet and print a new one. Easy. In addition, I used the wifi in my room with my laptop constantly. It was reliable and fast.

There's a kitchen to cook yourself, if you choose, but I was lazy and mainly ordered delivery. The hotel had some brochures of trusted and good places for delivery, which I tried and was very happy with. I used the kitchen to reheat food (big portions) and make coffee and tea, which was supplied.

On the last day, I did not need to leave for the airport until 3pm, even though checkout time is 12 noon. The staff just let me stay for the extra hours without any fuss. I was very pleased.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Stourton1582
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I chose Smart Haven after viewing the other reviews on trip advisor. Unfortunately the place did not meet my expectations. The room was clean, but there was a dingy feeling to the place. The beds had a filthy lining cloth - not exactly sure what the purpose of it was, but it definitely made the place look a little unkept.
The bathroom window had a squirrels' nest in it... which did not inspire much confidence in the quality of the housekeeping since it had obviously been there for at least a couple of days.
The set top box was disconnected for some reason. After hooking it up I found that there was not even a single English channel. On querying the staff, they said that the there was some problem with the subscription.
I was in Chennai for a meeting, but since I had some time I was looking forward to relaxing in the room and watching some TV. Since the room wasn't all that great, and the TV was happening either, I ended up spending most of the time outside.
I guess SmartHaven is good for a quick in-an-out if you have some work in the location... but not the best place if you are planning to spend some time inside the room. At that price, you can find better places in the city.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank dkonthemove
Reviewed June 12, 2012

i stayed for 2 nite's with my family on 08june12 to10june12. This is my first B&B Experience. seems very good. The rooms a very neat location was near by t.nagar. All the staffs were very helpful. on the first day i'm in need for an emergency at 12 mid nite. there is no medical shop opened nearby the location. i asked for the working persons to help me. at that time Mr.RAM (supervisor) came with me and we searched for a opened medical shop more that 30mins over nite and we found it 5km away from the location. That was an really great help by the person. Mr.KALI in front office also very helpful to us. if i want any thing just a made call to reception within 5mins they will fulfill our requirements.

Thanks to all of you..

keep your service always best..

all the best..

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank sugan2285
Reviewed January 31, 2012

Its off the main road so a little hard to find. The rooms are small. They have common area with a TV and microwave.

Its a definite value for it price offering. The rooms are clean. There is no restaurant. The staff doesnot know any language apart from tamil except one person in the reception during the day. The breakfast is kinda boring.

Definitely worth it for its price.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank akhilkodali
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed in Smart haven, with family and kids. It was a nice place but a small one. During our stay on from 13th to 15th of August, we were the only one to be there and we felt like kings in there as the entire place was our for use. The kitchenette was very helpful as we had small kids with us. The rooms could have been more spacious.

Drawbacks- Car parking is on the road, so by the time we checked out our car colour was turned brown. Need a bit of maintenance on the bath fittings. However with these i dont see a show stopper in it. If i go back to Chennai, would stay in there for the convenience i get, being close to T Nagar, the central shopping district. Not very far from Airport and railway stations, ideal for family stays.

The staff were very helpful and very courteous. A big positive...Overall, a great value for money

Room Tip: Distance from hotel to T Nagar is about 1.2 kms, so dont think of walking down to T Nagar from Hotel, it would be tiring!!!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family