“Bed bugs !!!!! And poor management”
Review of Hotel Mars Deluxe

Hotel Mars Deluxe
Ranked #148 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Negombo, Sri Lanka
“Bed bugs !!!!! And poor management”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night whilst stopping through chennai for a flight , firstly I will say it is overpriced for what it is , 1100 rps for a fan room , rooms are small are not so clean, they have a certain musty smell to them , towels provided are filthy and stained as we're the bed sheets ... And as for the bed ' bed bugs horrible I was bitten numerous times and killed 6 ' I wish I could up load the pics but can't on my phone app . The tv did not work and when I complained to management they simply said it can't be fixed , on top of all of this I recommend that you secure your payment receipt as management disputed full payment even though I had payed up front. Finally the last blow was I asked for a wake up call at 5 am for my flight and they failed to do so (thankfull for my own alarm ) again when I complained the men at the front desk laughed and offered no apologies . The only good thing about this hotel is location and free air port transfer, as well as day management are very friendly compared to evening operators . I would not stay here again and can only suggest you stay elsewhere

• Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here for a night, tv was not working, electrical switches were not in good condition. But overall it was a value for money room. Luckily I booked the room via goibibo.com, and I was offered a free airport transit.

• Stayed May 2013
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I selected this hotel for one night stay because of waiting time in airport.It was around 1 am i reached this hotel. There was no one at the reception. I just walked straight inside, There was a guy sleeping on a chair. It took me around 2 mins to wake him up and he managed to wake other guy and they made me write details.There is no greeting or any kinda talks.I carried my own bags and walked into my room on first floor.It was an AC room,still it stinks.There was one besdheet over the bed, and under it has some stained bed. I never wanted to lie over the bed. Slept only for about 2 hours.bathroom is filled with mosquitos.walls are dirty and spit marks around, The switches looks yellow and dirty,Open electric sockets.broken dustbin which was never cleaned.The booking said, i will receive complimentary breakfast and wifi. But in the hotel, they said there is no breakfast and wifi is very slow and only available near reception not in the room.Overall, the moment i step in the room, I just wanna leave as soon as possible.i wanted to goto a place which is about 2kms from airport. They told me, they can only take me till airport, and finally charged me Rs.250 to drop me there.. I had no options as i couldn't carry my three bags alone to look for other alternative..There was a big read warning board once i enter the room, it reads "management is not responsible for guest belongings" . Maybe this means if a guest leaves to eat for 30 mins, and the bag is missing, the guest should leave quietly??? Once you enter the room. and read something like there is no safety here, and everywhere around it looks bad, you will regret why did you choose this hotel. I will upload some photos, But the rooms has only yellow lights.. those lights actually hides imperfections somewhat.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed May 14, 2013

It is an average hotel just to catch few hours of sleep while in transit. All you get is a tiny 7*7 cubicle with an 5*5 bed, AC and attached toilet. Recommended only if you need to catch up for few hours of sleep within strict budget.

Pluses: -
Economical - AC room costs you somewhere around 1500 bucks - can bargain.
Free Airport drop & Pickup.

Negatives:-
Very Tiny room.
No restaurant or food arrangement.
None of the staff speaks or undersands any other language than Tamil.

Room Tip: Cannot survive without AC room as there is no ventilation.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Milind86
Jaipur, India
Reviewed April 8, 2013

on dt 7th april we four persons stayed in this hotel in two a/c rooms paid rs 3000/- at the time of arrival. after alloting the room no 204 & 206 man at counter was very rude he neither provide water on cost says frize is not working a/c was not working due to non availabity of power towels was very dirty one towel for two person another one was paid.room cannot closed due to non working of lock asked us to sleep without lock.So no one stay in such type of very bad hotel.

Room Tip: no one should stay in this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank spgupta_13
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I reached chennai airport at 11.30, I called a taxi and he took me to this hotel. It is very near to Airport. But the rooms are unclean and very small. Toilet is very very unclean. They brought food from out side it was ok. Bed sheet is very unclean so I asked the room boy to change it, again he brought another unclean bed sheet. I don't know how I managed that night it was a horrible night for me. Rates are very high compared to other hotels in this area. I never stayed in such a bad hotel in my life. There are lot of hotels around this area, you may get room for half the price for this quality.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SURIE_S
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We needed a cheap room to spend 8 hours in Chennai before our 1 AM flight to Singapore and ended up at the Mars Deluxe.

We paid 899 INR for a fan room. It looked OK on first inspection - double bed, ceiling fan, TV and simple bathroom - it was a bit rough around the edges and only 1 towel and no toilet paper. But then we found the bedbugs. The sheets were clean but I think they live in the fabric headboard. (This was the first room on the right, ground floor).

We told the staff, and they moved us to another room further down the hall. It had the same lay-out, but no bedbugs that we found.

The location is very close to the airport and there are a few restaurants in walking distance. My phone detected a WiFi signal with the same name as the hotel, but the staff didn't seem to know the password?! There's a guest computer in the lobby at least.

The staff also arranged a car to the airport for us for 200 INR. That's probably too much considering it's literally a 5 minute drive away, but it was a car (not an autorickshaw) and it was waiting for us exactly at the right time - very convenient.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple