“Our experience at Pleasant Stay Guest house”

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed in the suite on the 1st floor for 2 nights and found it extremely comfortable. The place is immaculately clean and is very well furnished. Leanne who manages the place was extremely friendly, courteous and willing to help. The arrangement they have for food is excellent in that they have an arrangement with a set of restaurants and food is delivered very promptly.

There is just one negative that kind of totally put me off when I was settling the bill on checking out this morning:
I had booked the room for three nights and Mr George had confirmed at the time of booking that the suite room was available for only 2 nights and the 3rd night would be in a standard room. We had to cut short our trip by a day and so we informed Leanne a good 24 hours in advance that we would like to check out a day earlier. I was a bit taken aback when she told me that Mr George had asked her to charge us in full for the 3rd day too but she requested him to charge us at 50% for the 3rd day.
Also the rate we were charged was at 50% of the suite room cost despite the fact that Mr George said it was not available for 3 days. All of this when the guest house has no stated cancellation policy. The tariff as per mr George's email was , quote " The Extra Large Deluxe Suit is priced at Rs. 2900 + Rs. 362 ( Tax ) = Rs. 3262 per day for single occupancy and Rs. 3762 for double occupancy." Unquote. The bill we we given was a handwritten scrap of paper with no breakdown of service tax.
Regretfully Mr George was overseas while we were there so I did not have the opportunity to have all of this clarified.

Room Tip: The suite room is worth every penny spent.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
pleasantstay2004, Owner at Pleasant Stay Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2014

Mr. Reginald P,

Thanks for making comments in the TripAdvisor regarding our Guest House.

I have noted that you are very much satisfied with the Guest House arrangement and you had given high marks for various headings - like :Value, Location, Sleep Quality, Rooms, Cleanliness and service.

You had stated that you were upset about the way the charges are calculated and you feel over charged.

My personal apologies for the unfortunate situation. I was abroad and my assistant who was taking care of the operation did not handle the situation properly. On my return, I have studied this complete matter and apart from apologizing for the mistake in charging by our staff, I HAVE OFFERED THIS GUEST TO RETURN THE FUNDS OVER CHARGED – BY MISTAKE OF OUR STAFF.

We do not over-charge our guests – come what may. Even if we need to loose, we do not opt for overcharging.

YES. We have not laid any cancellation policy. A strong cancellation policy can protect us but it usually affects the guests who cancel the booking on the last minute like what happened in this case.

Ours is a very small operation and if such cancellations are made at the very end, we have no other go but to keep the accommodation empty in-spite of refusing accommodation for others who had requested for that accommodation – and loos heavily.

By making this Management Response to the above comments, I assure the readers and the travelers that we are very fair in calculating the charges and we make sure that our guests are not over charged on any situation.

George.

There are newer reviews for Pleasant Stay Guest House

Reviewed October 12, 2013

4 colleagues and I stayed for a night in October. George the owner is a perfect host who thinks of everything a traveler may require. The moment we reached Central Station George took over guiding the Taxi driver to our destination. His thoughtfulness of registering his land-line and mobile phone numbers with the various food outlets showcases the extent he has gone to make one comfortable.
Off course WiFi,TV, A/c were all their as facility offered along with the very very neat and clean rooms and toilets. He was up and ready to see us off to the airport at 4 AM and he even went to the extent of carrying our bags. It shows is true commitment of a perfect HOST.
I highly recommend.

George next time I am visiting you I would certainly love to drive your Eclass Merc :)

Thank you George to you and the wonderful LADY who took care of us.

Satesh

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
pleasantstay2004, Owner at Pleasant Stay Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Dear Mr. Satish,

We thank you for choosing to stay with us and sharing your valuable review on TripAdvisor. It’s an absolute pleasure when we get to hear from one of our loyal customers. Your kind words of appreciation go a long way in encouraging us to continue to offer our guests with highest care and personal attention.

Your special acknowledgement and words of appreciation about Ms. Leanne has been duly conveyed to her and she is cheerful to provide the best to our esteemed customers.

With best regards,

Yes indeed the next time you visit our Guest House you can drive around in my car.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here twice in September; once with my partner, and once for business. George the owner, his daughter and the young lady who cleans the rooms were very warm, friendly, helpful and went out of their way to make myself and my companions comfortable. The rooms were large, clean and well-appointed. Free WiFi and air-conditioning in the rooms were an added bonus. I was also helped with taxis, rickshaws, and anything else I needed - nothing was too much trouble. It's also close to the airport and bus stations, which was very convenient for intercity travel. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Go for the self-serviced apartment; lots of room and good location, with separate entrance for priva...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
pleasantstay2004, Owner at Pleasant Stay Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

care and personal attention.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the help and service extended to you at our Pleasant Stay Guest House during your visit to Chennai. We thank you for your patronage.

Your special acknowledgement and words of appreciation about my Assistant have been duly conveyed to her and she is cheerful to provide the best to our esteemed customers.

We look forward to welcoming you to Pleasant Stay Guest House when you visit Chennai next.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed in Pleasant Stay Guest House for almost 2 nights. I really liked the atmosphere and ambience. In fact, felt a homely atmosphere. Mr.George's hospitality being excellent and his commitment truly outstanding. The facilities like WiFi, TV, Guides, A/C and food variety are simply awesome. Sure I would recommend to friends and looking for regular stay there because of my official commitment.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

care and personal attention.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

It was my first time in India and I'm glad I chose to stay at Pleasant Stay Guest House in Chennai. Beginning from very helpful host, George, who had a big help since information through mail before travelling, talked with taxi while I was transferring from the airport to his place until the last day that I stayed there. During my stay overthere, he had given many of advices and information about things around Chennai, including help me call a cab to many places with reasonable prices.

His house is quite big and comfortable with enough space in room. The condition is clean and neat place.

If I have a chance to visit Chennai again, I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I stayed at Deluxe type which is quite suitable for 2 persons with bathroom inside.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ms. Angie_Cya,

We appreciate you for sparing time to write the review.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at The Pleasant Stay Guest House when you visit Chennai next time.

We are confident that you would prefer to stay at our place.

Similarly, your comments will assure those who are looking out for a place to stay in Chennai, that if they select our Guest House for their stay, they will not be disappointed.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I stayed here with my partner for 2 nights in late July having made a reservation by email. George, the very welcoming owner, was wonderful. The guesthouse had WiFi, a shared computer, laundry facilities, a TV in each room, guide books and was absolutely spotless. It is also well located – equidistant to the airport and to the Fort area, and adjacent to St Thomas’ Mount and the Madras War Cemetery. George ordered food in for us in the evenings and arranged for transport to the airport and to key sites in Chennai. I would thoroughly recommend this to all travellers visiting Chennai.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
pleasantstay2004, Owner at Pleasant Stay Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Mr. Alex G,

We appreciate you for sparing time to write the review.

Centrally located, our property offers an easy access to popular attractions while catering to the needs of various travelers. Our main aim is to offer our guests a relaxing stay and help them in every way by which they feel comfortable. We feel great to learn that you appreciate our dining, accommodation & services among other aspects of our property.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

24 days of peace and calmness, thats how we will describe our stay in Pleasant Stay Guest House. We took the apartment like wing of the guest house which had a kitchen. The idea was to cook our own food since we were staying for a longer duration. More than the place what was endearing was the magnanimity of our host Mr. George who is so practical and wise. I have read in some previous reviews that George is the man. It is so true. Throughout our stay we were provided with information related to the city and pinpointed places of interest. Housekeeping was also good and the place had an ambience which was more like an ashram. The windows of our bedroom and kitchen offered scenic view of the St Thomas Mount, a christian piligrimage center.
If you have the time and space, an evening walk to the market nearby is worth it. we have some nice bake houses nearby. Food is not a big issue since most of them will deliver food at our door steps. Due to exrensive travelling we were sick for few days and home delivery of food was the only choice we had and it worked out well.
So if there is a next time in Chennai, we will definitely prefer this place
It is so difficult to differentiate the dancer and the dance likewise it is a hard thing to say which is better - The place or the Man - Both are good
God Bless
Prem and Shincy

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
pleasantstay2004, Owner at Pleasant Stay Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Prem and Shincy,

We appreciate you for sparing time to write the review.

Our main aim is to offer our guests a relaxing stay and help them in every way by which they feel comfortable. As owners of the Guest House, living in the same premises, “we are always there and available” to attend to your needs.

We believe in the philosophy “to anticipate need and exceed expectations”. To achieve these objectives, it has always been our sincere endeavors to continue to upgrade the standards and quality of services in our Guest House for ultimate satisfaction of the guests.

Thank You for mentioning, about the scenic view of St.Thomas Mount, the Market walk, and most of all about the food. It is a major concern for people when we tell them that we don’t serve food at the Guest House but we can order food for out. Your word about the good food is very assuring to the readers of this review.