“The Wedding Party at the Ecofriendly hotel”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai
Ranked #39 of 393 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Ahmedabad, India
“The Wedding Party at the Ecofriendly hotel”
Reviewed June 4, 2009

Marriage in the family..stayed at the Lemontree in a residential area in Chennai
Since I was the host had to do all the running in for the comfortable stay of guests in about 40 rooms
Great rooms with good ecological concepts..water saving, electricity saving etc. Should be adopted in all hotels/large residences
Great restaurants and very friendly staff
Very comfortable rooms for the price..Would recommend for business and personal stay

• Liked — Overall usability
  • Disliked — Location---in a residential area
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
MohinderS, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the fabulous comments about your stay at Lemon Tree Hotels. We are proud that we could rejuvenate you every day and that our team made your stay so memorable.

We plan well to add a twist to your stay… every time. Come back soon to Lemon Tree Hotels and be embraced by our signature lemon fragrance, a cheery smile and perhaps a vibrant ambience.

Warm regards,

Mohinder Pal Singh
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
chennai
Reviewed June 3, 2009

good place to live and dine.. very close to airport..

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Bengaluru
Reviewed June 3, 2009

I stayed for two days at this Hotel, on a buisness trip.
Plus points: The Hotel is new and located at a convenient location to Airport.
Hotel room - standard type was good enough for the price offered.
Food quality is OK. but still needs improvement.
Not a place for family destination.
affordabe if one wants to compromise money and ambiance.
Liquor not offered by the Hotel, which is essential in hot and humid city like Chennai, India.

Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Manish_Dayya, Hotel Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai, responded to this review, June 11, 2009
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are currently in the process of upgrading the regional variety and quality of the breakfast buffet and menu selection at the hotel. The menu will reflect these enhancements within the next three weeks.

The hotel has now also received its liquor license. Liquor is now available at the coffee shop-Citrus Café, Room Service and Slounge-the recreation bar.

Thank you once again for your feedback. I do hope you will appreciate our viewpoint and continue to patronize Lemon Tree Hotels in the future.

With my best regards,

Manish Dayya
Hotel Manager
manish.dayya@lemontreehotels.com
Pune
Reviewed May 30, 2009

The staff was very polite and professional. The hotel Management has taken a lot of care of me and my family during my stay. Special thanks to Anthony in the Restaurant, Kamal at the front desk, Prajesh in Housekeeping & Manish & Rupesh to make my stay a memorable one. The hotel offers a wonderful variety of cuisine and services. The rates although are very competative would still appreciate if could lower the rates of few of the ammeneties in the hotel especially Internet & Laundry.

Stayed May 2009
London
Reviewed May 16, 2009

This hotel was absolutely brilliant. The building itself was fresh and well maintained. I had a very nice spacious room with all the amenities I could ask for. The internet was relatively inexpensive and extremely fast. The reception staff were extremely helpful and did their utmost to ensure that I had everything I needed.

The service was pretty exceptional. I had a flight at midnight on the day of checkout, and When I returned to pick up my bags (after I had been out all morning and checked out) they offered me a room to shower and rest in until I had to leave for the airport (5 hours later).

I ate several meals in the restaurant where the food was very good and reasonably priced. Room service likewise was very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to visit this area of chennai, or anyone stopping over for flights from chennai airport which is nearby. I will definitely seek out lemon tree hotels whichever part of india I am in.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed May 13, 2009

I had been relocated from Delhi to Chennai - I searched tripadvisor for a hotel, and found that the number 1 hotel was not only affordable, but also nearer to my office. Later, we also found that the hotel was nearer to all other places in the city, which we wanted to visit.
The pick-up from airport was smooth - even though my flight was late for 2 hours.
The check-in was quick, and the hotel upgraded me to a superior room, without request. The wifi in the room was effortless, and we (me and my wife) liked the neat room - though we felt that the bath area was cramped for space.
The hotel staff was cordial and helpful, and even suggested to us money-saving tips, when we were booking a taxi. They helped me in language problems with the taxi and other outside contacts.
We ordered in-room dining 3 times, and felt that the food quality could improve a bit. Surprisingly, we felt that the food in the Citrus Cafe tasted much better. Also, the turn-around time for in-room dining could have been lesser - once we ordered a hot chocolate, which arrived an hour later.
One shocking incident that happened was that once the house keeping staff left our room open, after cleaning. When we came back, we were really concerned about our belongings, but thankfully everything was intact. If we were in any other hotel, we would have suffered a loss.
But, overall, the hotel was nice and the staff was nicer. For this price, the hotel was a steal.

• Liked — Location, staff
  • Disliked — In-room dining
  • Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shubhox
mumbai
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Brand new minimalistic VFM hotel.

Practical decor, immaculately clean and modern rooms though smallish.

Reasonable breakfast spread.

Room service is patchy, it takes time for them to understand and then lot of time to get it.

Front desk experience was very pleasant.

Recommended for business stays!

• Liked — value , clean and practical design
  • Disliked — room service
  • Stayed April 2009, traveled on business