“cute business hotel”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai
Ranked #21 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed April 30, 2009

Brand new minimalistic VFM hotel.

Practical decor, immaculately clean and modern rooms though smallish.

Reasonable breakfast spread.

Room service is patchy, it takes time for them to understand and then lot of time to get it.

Front desk experience was very pleasant.

Recommended for business stays!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai

Reviewed April 29, 2009

The Lemon Tree is a new boutique hotel and is youthful in appeal and overall treatment. It is tailored for the upwardly mobile modern executive who expects modern standards at a good price point. It comes close to experiencing modern european style with Indian hospitality (means there is someone to take your luggage to your room. And lots of service with a smile!) I immediately warmed up to the hotel and felt special because of the hospitable nature of the staff. This despite being booked in a standard room. I did expect a beautiful room which I got with a pool side view. The view made my morning when I woke up after a great snooze on a thick and comfortable bed! Everything was crisp and clean lending to freshness which is the theme of the hotel. The tea coffee maker was nice with an eclectic set of twinings teabags to indulge oneself. Coffee was nescafe. Now what I did not like was the practical but cramped bathroom a bit too close to my junior bed! The shower is a separate enclosure which means that the toilet and sink area remains dry and clean if u draw the curtains while using the shower. Being a standard room I did not expect amenities and was not surprised to see that I was correct. Basic soap/shampoo/ conditioner and moisturizer thats it. Soap was fragrance free and felt like a basic product a student makes when they learn about it in school. The other stuff was acceptable. The breakfast was served in a chic restaurant filled with smiling and courteous staff waiting to feed you! Choices were adequate and not overwhelming. Not an imaginative spread though. I ordered a masala dosa with great expectations but it was passable. The cardamom tea they made for me was good and reminded me of my morning cuppa at home! What really caught my attention were the smartly worded/ humorous takes and jokes everywhere right from my table mat (all four mats on my table were different and make for an interesting read if ur alone or bored with company and dont want to twiddle with your phone!) Smart lines on small tshirts were cleverly framed and I just had to read them as they were good and intelligent for a first time read. I was informed by the smiling friendly staff there were more of these to be found in the passage leading to the swimming pool (yeah they got one I told u earlier remember? and it is so clean and vibrant. Too bad I did not have time to try it) They have a cool night club/pub which is yet to function as they did not have a liquor permit for it. For a light lunch I ordered south indian snacks which were great though portions were small. So why did I rate it above average you ask? Here goes: Chennai being a cas city my television did not have access to some of my favorite english channels though all Tamil channels were available. This kinda foxed me as the hotel ought to expect people with a more international taste or atleast cater to a diverse culture. Mind you its not that there are no english channels at all but if ur favorite in my case axn/travel nd living is missing then ya it bothers u! They could not get my channels I wanted despite my offering to pay for them. This is contrary to my experience with other hotels in Chennai I had previously stayed at and where they went out of the way to instal a settop box in my room with channels of my choice! Pls carry your own entertainment! Now the room (bathroom) itself as I indicated was a little cramped and on checking out I was informed I had been upgraded complimentary to a better room. So I dont know what the standard room might be like!!! The mini bar too is unimaginative with boring and limited snacks and beverages which create a controlled (no) impulse to consumption! Hence my mini bar was intact on checking out!They have invested a lot in the jokes etc which are interesting to read for once maybe twice but I am not sure I would find them funny once I memorized them from multiple visits!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank ashishm9
Reviewed April 27, 2009

One place to be visited if you are a Enivronmentalist or if you are worried of the world around you.

This place gives you a clear example of how environment can be protected.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
Reviewed April 18, 2009

I recently stayed at the Lemon Tree and found it a great place to stay. It has confortable, clean rooms with funky decor. The resturant is good and the location convenient to airport and intersting parts of Chennai, not so much a part of the hussle and bustle of Central Chennai. The hotel staff were fabulous and very motivated to please.
I highly recommend thsi hotel to anyone visiting Chennai.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Lemon Tree Chennai is a very nice and comfortable hotel. It has the most amazing staff. It's a young and very motivated team that really makes you feel at home and is always surprising.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2009

Our stay in Lemon Tree was great. We had booked the first two nights of our trip through South India in this hotel. We liked it so much that we bookded immediately (on the second day) for our last night as well.

We especially enjoyed the good service and friendliness of all the staff in the restaurant as well as the lobby. The rooms are kept clean, cool and the beds are comfortatble, which is a big plus when you're not used to the intense heat in India. Also the swimmingpool was great to relax in the middle of the day when it is so hot.

We got good suggestions from the staff about bars and restaurants to have some beers in the night (their alcohol licence was under approval with local government when we were there)

If you visit the place with the right attitude, you will be surprised about what they will do for you....

• Stayed: April 2009
Reviewed March 14, 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the lemon tree hotel at the end of our trip to india. Stayed her for two nights, and it was the best hotel we have ever stayed in. The room was quite comfortable and kept real clean, and the staff was really friendly and helpful. When we left mr. Anthony at the restaurant provided us with fresh fruit to take along at our trip - free of charge. We were also alloved to keep our room till 6 pm without extra charge since we had a late flight. Iwould strongly recommend this hotel to anyone. It was just the number one place to stay!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family