“Business Hotel”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai
Ranked #22 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Good business hotel, food is mixed between North Indian style & South Indian flare.
Small but efficient bar.
Nice rooms with no view but good hygiene.
Nice location, prompt complimentary airport drop & pick up.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms they are bigger in size.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 1 night - mainly as a transit passenger.. Was catching a flight early the next morning and this was a convinient option because of the proximity to the airport.
The rooms very very basic - but clean - with minimum accessories.
The staff were fabulous - very helpful.
Had an early morning flight so had no plans of having the hotel complimentary breakfast - but they offered to pack our breakfast - without asking.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 25, 2013

We had two separate nights as we had a couple of stopovers in Chennai.

Lemon Tree is a comfortable 3-4 star hotel in Chennai reasonably close to the airport (takes just ten minutes if the traffic is good). The staff were very helpful, they organised airport pick up and drop off including an extra pick up for a member of our party who came in on a different flight.

The rooms are clean and well-appointed and have all the requisite amenities. WiFi is inexpensive and you get a complimentary hour every day.

They have a functioning business which was good when we needed to print out etickets. Breakfast was included in the restaurant downstairs and we had some light meals there which were nice. There is a lounge bar attached but we didn't have time to check it out.

Thanks to Sanjay and the team for being so welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2013

The warmth and professionalism of everyone at this hotel was exceptional, starting from the security / doorman to the others. The room was clean, large and comfortable and the hotel is ideally located with proximity to the airport. The staff went out of their way to accommodate our odd requests. Would definitely stay there very time I visit Chennai

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Of many hotels I have stayed across various parts of the county and world, I found two things very different one is the hospitality and the other is the housekeeping team.

Usually the front office will be more involved in hospitality but here everyone from the security , to house keeping, restaurant, all are involved and every one keep inquiring if they can do anything more to make the stay comfortable, this is a very good practice for the hotel - appreciate the management and hotel staff.

One more thing I noticed is small incident, I forgot picking some oil for hair, so i bought some oil sachets on day 2 of the stay, I had used 1 sachet and put the sachet pack in the dustbin , teh remaining sachets was kept in the cupboard.

Evening when I came back from office I saw a couple of same sachets kept neatly in the toilet, I was annoyed at first as how these people have opened the cupboard and taken from there. I checked my sachets counts and I found that was intact. The house keeping team saw the used oil sachet in the dustbin and based on my need they had replaced those sachets. The value of the sachets is very negligible and was immaterial , but I was taken back the way had understood my requirement from the sachet thrown in the dustbin and making sure that they replenish that.

The other incident was I had a small God's photo on the table for my daily prayers, the house keeping team had left few incense sticks and match box , and has also lighted one stick on that day.

These are all very small activities but the impression they leave on the customer is immense .

Appreciate the house keeping team Babu, Vijay and Anthuvan for taking this care.

Wishing you all success to you and the team of Lemon tree.

DK

Room Tip: If you are taking food at Lemon tree , which is bit expensive when compared to the Indian standards...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was second time im staying in lemon and this this my longest stay in any of the hotels till date. It was great experience to say.. very good atmosphere created by the stay .. help at any time i wanted... fantastic food .... i dont think there is any lack of any thing you think when you at stay in this hotel.
Definitely i will share my experience and will insists to stay in this hotel fro my friends and relative.

I klike mentione some of the staf names whom i really want to appreciate for thier hard work and dedication,
1. Blessing
2. Vivek
3. Habib
4. Samresh
5.Ravindar
6. Washim

Room Tip: No advise...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Kindly provide some more Tamil channels (START VIJAY IS MUST) THE food was really good but there was no spicy panner items in the buffet lunch and dinner since we are from south Indians we love pepper hot kindly look into the issue over stay was very excellent

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai. I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us.

We have however, noted your suggestions and are reviewing them. Specifically:

•Tamil channel: the range/choice of TV channels offered by us are based on our periodic review of customer preferences and are philosophy of value-for-money. Commercial rates for TV channels in hotel rooms are many times higher than those applied for residences/homes and in keeping with this, we try to offer only those channels that are preferred by most of our guests. We have reviewed the request for your favorite TV channel and we do hope to make it available to our guests soon.
•Food variety: we have noted your observations regarding the availability of your favorite food item in that day’s buffet menu. Please do let our Chef know about your preference for spicy food and he would be delighted to customize food items to suit your taste.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.cn@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Sanjay Das
Hotel General Manager
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai

14 cities. 24 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.