“lemon tree hotel, madras”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai
Ranked #21 of 403 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the hotel and the staff are helpful and kind. Samresh from the hotel restaurant made our stay comfortable by putting at ease on the very first day itself by picking a delicious vegetarian menu. He took care to note the spice level that we wanted and was very merticulous. He is very good at what he does and takes care of the guests well.

Ramanathan who cleaned our rooms was a very considerate person who anticipates the needs of the guests well. He is serious in his work and takes every single detail into consideration.

This is my visit to Madras and the staff at Lemon tree made it comfortable and enriching.

I do have a suggestion. Real lemons can be placed along corridors and this will give a fresh and healthy aroma.

Last but not least, Mr, Nikil did a wonderful job as he is in charge of settling guests and has very excellent people relation skills

padma-----singapore

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Stayed 2 days, Hotel with all the great amenities and service. Citrus cafe is some thing like one of the best in the city. Excellent taste and service offered.Housekeeping also very well. Definitely recommended for families. Take rooms on 5th or6th floor if you are travel with kids. It helps you sleep well because in front of the hotel highly traffic road is there.

Room Tip: Higher floor have no disturbence from road
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I was there for around 10 days on business trip and charged me 55000 for 10 days only although room charge at time of booking was 4000 only, so they have charged around 15000 in terms of taxes only...that's not all some other charges for 3 daily soft drinks and chocolates are 5000 more charged by them.So they are just robbing the guests.

Room Tip: Do not prefer other guys to go there and robbing by them.
1  Thank Amit T
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

We have noted your comments and are reviewing the relevant processes. Specifically, the hotel pricing.

We are an upscale hotel in line with international 4 star hotels. We have been careful to benchmark competitors in our segment in order to set a very competitive price for food and for rooms.

When you pay for your stay with us there are two components that apply to your bill in addition to your actuals; these are - taxes and service charge. The government levies several kinds of taxes, both at the central and state levels (differ from state to state), on hotel bills. These taxes are levied by the government directly and hotels cannot influence the amount or the process of collection. However, service charge is levied by us and shared with the hotel staff, who work towards ensuring guests have a refreshing and memorable stay at Lemon Tree. We are sorry you found us expensive because of this. We do hope you do find Lemon Tree to be value-for-money on your next visit.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.cn@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Sanjay Das
Hotel General Manager
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai

14 cities. 24 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

First let me start with the negatives - it took ages for the hot water to work (specially in the first room I stayed in) and then I had to switch rooms in the middle of the night when the AC malfunctioned.

Now why would I still give this hotel a 5 rating? The answer is simply due to the friendly staff and their great service.

Lemon Tree is a midscale hotel but with 5 star service!

I stayed at Lemon Tree for 5 nights, two of which were spent in a room in the first floor and thereafter in a room in the 4th floor. This was my second visit to Lemon Tree and their service is as great as ever. Welcomed with a warm smile from the time I walked in, the staff made me feel at home.

Let me also explain about the AC incident, on my second night I noticed that the room was not cool as before but simply shrugged it off. Later in the night, I received a call from the front desk who explained that the AC in my room was malfunctioning and they inquired whether I would like to change rooms. This is the first time I have experienced in any hotel where the staff proactively took action before any complaint was made and I sincerely appreciate this. It was this that changed what could have been a negative experience into a positive one!

Would I stay there again? - Most definitely! Why? - Simply due to the great staff and the homely atmosphere.

Room Tip: The hotel is adjoining a main road, while the windows are well insulated and the curtains block nois...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai.

While I am delighted to hear that you had a memorable stay with us, may I however, apologize for the slight inconvenience you faced during your stay due to ineffective functioning of the AC in your room. The problem and has been rectified now.

When you decide to visit us next, please email me at gm.cn@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Sanjay Das
Hotel General Manager
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai

14 cities. 24 hotels. 2800 rooms. Refreshing India.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

It is my first time to travel in India, somehow lemon tree made me feel the comfort and warmth that i missed back home. The staff are very helpful and courteous to the guests. My favorite part is everyday the housekeeping people surprises me with different artwork in form of towel folding that turned into some sort of animal figure. Everyday when I come back to the hotel Im eager to see what figure they have made and left in my room (housekeeper name is Kalaivani). This is something unique and so personalized. I will surely recommend this hotel to anybody traveling in Chennai.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

I am a regular visitor for the Chennai Lemontree for business purpose and it is home away from home. The staff the are very helpful starting from the Luggage boy till the room attendent; they customize their services to make sure the stay at lemontree is the best.

The restaurant and the bar adds on as a place where you can relax after a tiring day with bright ambiance and people to always fulfill the needs to the maximum.

Room Tip: Take rooms on 7th and 8th floor to avoid traffic noise and take the room which ends in 6 as they are...
1  Thank praji23-vk
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Will totally recommend it just for its service. All the staff are very warm & helpful - be it the General Manager or the housekeeping staff. Good job !!!
Its quite a decent place & its good value for money.
Enjoyed the deserts - dinner time always ended on a great note.