Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$213
$142
Hilton Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$120
$90
  • Pool
ITC Grand Chola, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$187
$180
Trident, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$184
$111
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$92
Savera Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
$58
$52
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$71
$52
Agoda.com
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$130
$62
The Residency(Chennai (Madras))
$55
$46
Agoda.com
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$135
$129
1,801 results
All reviewscitrus cafespecial thankswill visit againvalue for moneyexcellent servicepleasant staybusiness tripbusiness hotelhouse keepingexcellent stayspecial mentionfront officeroom servicein room diningrestaurant staffenjoyed my stayfood quality
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I especially enjoyed an employee named Mari Maran. He was very nice and offered top notch service. I appreciate his care and hope that his efforts are duly rewarded. He was always on time with my orders and was of course very polite. I think he deserves a promotion because he has made my stay especially enjoyable. Many thanks

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel is good to stay .housekeeping is awesome here.specially i would like to mention the name of babu from housekeeping whose service was excellent.i was very unhappy with the service of front office staff.they were very rude most of the times and never use to extend their help for anything,this is the only reason why i didnt enjoy my stay here was very unhappy with the service of front office.overall stay was good.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank kimmifo
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

•Service at Front Desk: please accept our apology for the service you received at the Front Desk. We have noted your feedback and have re-briefed our team to engage with all our customers in a friendlier and caring manner – which is what Lemon Tree is known for. Our staff is a very enthusiastic, zealous and hard working team; we do hope you fell this way when you visit us next.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.cn@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Sanjay Das
Hotel General Manager

Reviewed July 18, 2013

It is not value for money. Expensive food with long lead times. Options on the menu are mostly not available. Staff hard sells the dinner buffet. At this price, hotels in other cities offer much much more. I'll avoid in future.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank PunitBanga
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Dear Guest,

•Food experience: please accept our apology for the food not being up to your expectations during your stay with us. We have noted your observations and have shared the same with our Chef and restaurant team. The teams have been re-briefed to follow pre-defined processes at all times and to be more speedy and coordinated in ensuring the guest is satisfied and enjoys his buffet with us. We assure you of a better experience when you visit us next.
•Food pricing: this is a midscale hotel and is in line with international 3 star hotels. We have been careful to benchmark competitors in our segment in order to set a very competitive price for food and for rooms. We do hope you do find Lemon Tree to be value-for-money on your next visit.

Best regards,

Sanjay Das
Hotel General Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I am currently staying at the hotel for three nights on a work trip. I'd previously stayed at Hotel Savera, which was much further away from the office where I'm working here in Chennai, so I ended up having a long commute each day, whereas Lemon Tree is walking distance. Other than just the convenience factor, I have found this hotel (which is priced similarly) to be a much more pleasant experience on every level, especially the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff, which was especially appreciated as I got really sick during my stay (not from the food here I hasten to add - I must have eaten something dodgy the night before, while I was in Colombo!) Also the internet connection seems to really reliable, which is important for me when I'm away with work - whereas in Hotel Savera it kept cutting out and the staff were rude and uncooperative when I reported the problem. Was also really impressed that when I asked about borrowing a DVD from reception, as per a note in their brochure, that they first checked if my room had a DVD player (which it didn't - I guess I must have booked a cheaper room - I work for a charity!) and then sent someone to my room with a DVD player and the DVD of my choice. Will definitely stay here again next I come to Chennai for work, and will recommend my colleagues to do the same! Particularly appreciated the services from Mr Obuli, the Assistant Manager - Housekeeping, and Mr Jagadeesh from Maintenance, and all the reception staff!

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 7, 2013

It was great staying at this hotel for 13 nights at a stretch. The room was cozy with a great sunrise view and greenery outside the window. Big room with every necessary items equipped. The breakfasts and dinners were fabulous with many varieties! I checked in the lounge for music and pool. The corridors are decorated with paintings and metal sculptures :D Liked the lobby too. Would love to visit the place again, for sure!

Room Tip: "take an east or south room"
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business