“Feel like home.. :-)”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai
Ranked #33 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
“Feel like home.. :-)”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Most of my days i keep traveling moving to diff cities places and cross country movement either for my work profession or leisure.. so I need to stay in one or the other hotel.. past couple of months I was in chennai and opted to stay in Lemon tree hotel.. I am happy to mention that my decision to stay in lemon tree hotel chennai was really good.. The atmosphere is refreshing and pleasant... silence and peace is wat can really be felt.. neat and clean room, prompt room services.. active front desk.. well equipped gymnasium.. refreshing pool and entertaiment zone.. 24x7 access to internet at business room.. timely pick up and drop facility.. delicacy at restaurant, open 24x7, staffs are very co-operative there active services my timings use to be very odd but heartily thanks to guys out in restaurant even at odd timings they provide me service to satisfy my apetite.. few of the staff with whom I use to interact quite often during my two month long stay who really made my stay comfortable satisfied and pleasant as a token of thankx would like mention their names Sajayan, Samresh, Anil, Habib, Shane, Wasim, Basant, Bala, Raghav, Durka, Prabhu, janhi raman, chef Ravinder and also thankx to Managers Mr. Zaheer and Mr. Praveen..
At last would like to state its an refreshing and worth staying experience at lemon tree hotel chennai..

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
Delhi
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I stayed in the hotel with family for 16 days and need to say it was a pleasant stay with the entire staff being really helpful and more like a family. My 6 year son had a gala time with each staff member at reception and at the dining area catering to his demands of milk and chocolates with love and pleasure. The room attendant Krishna was a friend to him and very helpful.

Good location was surely an advantage and made the stay even more comfortable, will add a few pics again ... will surely cherish the stay...

Mumbai
Reviewed May 2, 2013

It is supposedly a 4-star hotel but the rooms are not even worth 3-star. Have stayed in better rooms at lower cost in 3 stars. The prices are as per 4-star i.e. 6K for a room but the decor and furnishing is not at all up to the mark. I must say. Also the food is pathetic. Not at all worth the money. I booked this hotel because of the brand Lemon Tree but I feel I was cheated.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Tanmay G
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Response:

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai. May I apologize for not meeting some of your expectations during your stay.

•Room experience: we have been careful to chose the finest of linen and furnishings so as to create a fresh, clean and spirited feel in our rooms. We are sorry you did not like the room décor. We have noted your observations and are relooking at our standards regarding the same.
•Room pricing: this is an upscale hotel and is in line with international 4 star hotels. We have been careful to benchmark competitors in our segment in order to set a very competitive price for rooms. We do hope you do find Lemon Tree to be value-for-money on your next visit.
•Food quality: we are sorry you did not enjoy the food. We continuously upgrade and refresh our menus and buffet offering at our restaurants to try and ensure that customers enjoy their experience.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Should you accede to my request, please email me at gm.cn@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

Best regards,

Sanjay Das
Hotel General Manager
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We (my husband, myself and our son) had a wonderful experience at the Lemon Tree hotel in Chennai. Excellent staff, well maintained rooms and hotel. Food which was complementary and need not to say it was tasty and superb. Had an option for both Continental and South Indian and if you would like Omelet and Dosa you could ask them to make it for you according to your taste. I loved the room furnishing and color schemes so much that I didn't feel at all, that I was living in the hottest place I have ever visited. The room service was also excellent and punctual. We gave some dress in the morning for Laundry and while we reached back in our room at 10pm it was all ready and well pressed and kept on our bed with a note mentioning that it was bought at 4pm. The person who did all our service was Mr.Babu. He in fact surprised us by making two figurines out of the towels, one of a fish and an elephant and our 4yr old son asked me whether I could make likewise. Babu would always greet us with a smile and ask how we are. In the Restaurant from the manager to the cook and waiter all were polite. Especially the people in the lobby was also helpful for us to guide us. In a nut shell, each and every member of the hotel was well mannered and polite and gave us a warm welcome and bid us good bye too in a very cordial, friendly and polite manner. I highly and strongly recommend this hotel. As for us next time when we go to Chennai and book a hotel, it would be Lemon Tree. It will be our only option around the Guindy area as it is really affordable and a comfortable place. Next time we surely would go for a swim in the pool which we unfortunately missed this time. :)

1 Thank SmithaCherian
Chicago IL
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for more than two weeks during my visit to Chennai, Housekeeping was excellent but missed a couple of times, Front desk is sloppy. But rooms are very nicely maintained and you will feel good while staying there.

Eating at Lemon Tree is okay but it is very repetitive, no change in variety of main course and desert. But taste is good indeed.

Room Tip: Go To 9th Floor, take a forest facing room
Response:

Dear Guest,

•Overall Service: the Lemon Tree brand is known for its refreshing experiences and prompt and energetic staff. We are sorry you felt we should have been more prompt in attending to your requests. Our attempt is to keep working at sharpening our responses and delivering excellent service each time. We hope to handle this better in the future and have re-briefed all our teams to follow predefined standards. We do hope we are able to meet your expectations on your next visit.
•Food variety: we are sorry you found the food a bit lacking in variety. We are continuously working on improving the quality and experimenting with new menus, keeping in mind feedback from guests.

Best regards,

Sanjay Das
Hotel General Manager
Hosur, India
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If one wants to enjoy a pleasant stay with wonderful ambience then undoubtedly the choice shd be lemon tree hotel in Chennai. rooms have exquisite furnishing. service was poor though. we had to open the rooms by ourselves,explore the switch in darkness and while checking out too had to carry our baggage all by ourselves.

Thank C. V
Hyderabad
Reviewed April 29, 2013

REally wonderful experience staying in Lemon Tree. Very well maintained, excellent spread of Breakfast which is complimentary, very good wifi and over all an amazing experience staying at Lemon Tree. I would recommend infact strongly recommend anyone and every one to stay at Lemon Tree as its extremely refreshing and Value for money.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business