Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai
Ranked #18 of 415 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Overall, I was pleased with my stay at Lemon Tree. I stayed there for about two weeks. My room was kept very clean and staff was very friendly. Overall, it's a great place for a decent bed, nice amenities, and 24/7 food availability.

The only cons I experienced were some inconsistencies with level of service. Included in my room rate, I had a shuttle service to take me to work and back to the hotel. In the beginning it was wonderful. I would call the front desk 2 hours before to schedule the service, and when I would come down to the lobby, someone always greeted me and told me my car was ready. This happened for the first few days...but then I noticed towards the end of my stay, I would come down and no one seemed to remember that I had ordered a cab at a certain time. It was no big deal to have to ask twice, but when you need to get to a destination on time, it's important to be able to have a car ready especially when you give a notice in advance.

Another complaint I had is level of service overall to male and female guests. When I was in the breakfast cafe, I was surprised that the server would ask my male co-worker what he would like to drink and then they would not ask me what I wanted even though I was at the same table! I have no problems speaking up if I need anything, but I thought this was very strange. I initially just passed this off as a mistake, but when I went to dinner with the same co-worker in the cafe, the same thing happened again! He was asked for what he wanted to drink, but the same courtesy was not given to me.

Another thing I noticed was that when I would come back to the hotel, I only got a nod of the head, but with my male co-worker they would say 'Welcome Back, Sir'. Again, not a big deal, but it seemed that male guests received much better treatment than female guests.

Those were my only complaints. Everything else was amazing. If level of service was consistent, my rating for this hotel would've been five stars.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,449)

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed at the Lemon Tree last week, the hotel was efficient, staff were friendly and helpful and they treat you like a friend and and not a guest, nice feel and refreshing.

Rooms are standard size, comfortable and just enough to make it a comfortable stay. Stripped off the usual unwanted luxuries that one never uses, the room is clean and well furnished. The baths are well done. Everything has a scent of lemongrass including the bath amenities.

Food is simple and different, breakfast was right without the large spread you see in other hotels. In room dining was good too, with a light and tasty range.

1  Thank music74machine
Reviewed December 5, 2012

My stay was really excellent even thou it was a business trip i enjoyed it because of the service given by the staff.Starting from the person who welcomed me till the last person every one wearing a smile in there face.Room cleaning was good and food was excellent . Thank you to all the staff who made my stay comfortable and enjoyable.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

After a long time I could get to stay at a real nice hotel. Spent a night last week and wish had stayed longer. I checked in late in the night and it was a smooth affair. The room was nice with all modern facilities available. These included LCD TVs in both the rooms, latest magazines, very good lighting with the light switch controls next to the bed, FM radio and good linen.

There was a problem with the light switches in my room and since it was taking time to rectify, my room was changed instantly. Room service as well as house keeping too were of a high standard. I was impressed with the high standard of laundry services despite the short notice. Rooms are reasonably well insulated from out side noise and as a result I had a comfortable sleep.

The buffet at breakfast had an impressive range- the best I have seen in a long time. Food preparation too was nice. Here again the staff were efficient. Check out too was hassle free.

It is my belief that a hotel stay is defined by the quality of sleep and the attitude of the staff. On both counts the hotel came out on top. So overall a nice and comfortable stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My First stay In Gurgaon, Lemon Tree Hotel at sector 29, was on a day before my Birthday. My Husband had personally requested the staff to decorate our room for the occasion. I was given a very warm welcome at the reception. There were rose petals on the floor of our room and a bunch of beautiful fresh roses and two ducks shaped out of towels placed in the bed, my Day was made by every staff at the hotel with sweet birthday wishes and warm wide smiles. The first cake was an in house birthday cake baked specially for me by the chef on duty. The entire restaurant staff was gathered for it. My Husband and I were over whelmed by this gesture.
Our Second stay in Chennai, Lemon Tree Hotel, was for a longer duration. We were upgraded to suites again. Every specific need and demands were taken care off at the hotel. Super discounts and demands of specific rooms were provided every time we checked in twice during the same month.
1. Food is great 2. Ambience is warm 3. Hotel staff are very friendly 4. Rooms and décor is unique

Lemon Tree is known was its Lemony smell. Overall it was an amazing hotel to stay in India.

Room Tip: > Rooms on the highest floor have a great view. > Suites are large enough, gives you an appar...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Overall a nice hotel compared to most in India, The road noise is a problem on the 1st which was where I was staying, at the front of the hotel. I did not have a good nights sleep at any time. Overall I was harpy except the house keeping is poor, the towels were never clean and the bedding was not changed for the whole 5 days of my stay. But as I said compared to most India hotels it is rather good, but compared internationally it is not in the top half.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here last month and left with a good feedback. Seems everything to be good. Maintained well. Rooms were cleaned properly. We were staying with our lil kid. The housekeepers went out of their ways to make our stay, especially Mr.Antuan. we would like to thank every staff. Thank you all!

• Stayed: November 2012