“Good Hotel”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai
Ranked #22 of 400 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed here last week and found this place to be so nice for a business traveler. They got a fully equipped, recently renovated gym on the first floor also a business center. The outdoor swimming pool is just a jewel to the hotel. They have a sports bar and a very nice restaurant, it serves finger licking foods. The staffs are extremely courteous and friendly, specially front desk. I would like to thank to Mr. Joseph the bell boy for all his support.

Room Tip: all 11 series rooms are good as they bath tub in it.
There are newer reviews for Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai

Reviewed October 23, 2012

1. The windows are not absolutely sound-proof. I was staying in 806 (17-23OCT) and was not comfortable with traffic noise outside.Our colleague from Denmark (Torben Hyldeqvist) was staying on same side (306) was very unhappy about the same. His room was never changed to higher floors or other side of the hotel, in spite of a direct request from him.

2. Two of the reception staff were absolutely unprofessional... we do understand that one needs to say 'No' at times, But the body language / words used were quite unethical & unprofessional. The security staff at the gate / main entrance of the hotel were not attentive & valueing presence of a foreigner with us. Either we or own own car driver was doing a duty of guard to promptly open the car doors upon arrival.

Just to keep you informed that we moved to this hotel due a shear proximity of one of our customer location. we do get equivalent rates / facilities by Radisson Blue (Close to Chennai Office) & Courtyard Marriyot (Central location for our Chennai Customer sites).

3. I woud appreciate you can revise a package with Airport Transfers & / or discount in Food-n-beverages.

4. there will be one more occassion in mid December when we'll have simliar ype of work at same customer site. Kindly approach our local chehhani office with your clarification & proposal to make us stay with you only.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Good service and housekeeping experience..

Location is nearer to the airport, which is good vs. having to travel to the city center which is famous for traffic jams and takes longer time to arrive back from the industrial areas..

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Although, the exterior is nothing to write home about (I was a little worried when we pulled up), inside was actually really nice. Rooms were clean, nice buffet restaurant, and I have to say excellent staff and service. There was some road/traffic noise from my room, but not too bad, and silence is not be be had in most places. I would stay again...and I'm admittedly usually pretty picky.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Really nice place to stay with decent sized clean room. I was there for an overnight trip, but it was worth the stay. The service was excellent, with the staff people being very helpful. They even arranged for a local taxi for me the next day. The 24 hours food availability helped me kill my mid-night hunger. The breakfast was excellent, with a nice spread. If you travelling for business trip, you cannot ask for a better place with the right rate than this hotel. I would definately make a stay again on my next visit there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Saurav N
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was on a business trip whenI chose to stay with Lemon tree for 5 days in Chennai. When I approached the hotel, it's design and landscape did not really impress me. I was probably expecting a bigger property. But from the moment I went inside to my last day there, I was really touched with their awesome hospitality, which I never experienced before. We are all used to normal courteous behavior of the staffs in a decent hotel globally but never before did I experience the things that I did here. Staffs from every department were on their toes with a ever smiling face. The decor of the hotel is modern, very clean and serves to be the right size for business travellers. I would like to have special mention for the housekeeping section as they cleaned my room twice a day. One can rent old and recent movies in the room too. I was staying in the executive room and found it quite charming. The breakfast spread was quite large, keeping food for diverse people.....they had idly/dosa etc for south indians, continental breakfast and paratha/sabzi for north indians. It was very interesting to notice that in every breakfast table there was table mats which had some jokes in it....it was all so different for different tables. So, I made it a point to enjoy and refresh myself by changing tables everyday during my stay.

I would like to recommend this hotel who is looking for a business hotel with all amenities at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Pls select Execute rooms and above to best utilize this hotel. The normal rooms are smaller and with...
2  Thank Anindo_Aditya
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Overall environment is good and freindly

Eventhough Breakfast and LUnch/Dinner complimentary - the food served was very good