“Good Value to a Business Stop”

Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai
Ranked #38 of 393 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Novy Jicin
“Good Value to a Business Stop”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Although, the exterior is nothing to write home about (I was a little worried when we pulled up), inside was actually really nice. Rooms were clean, nice buffet restaurant, and I have to say excellent staff and service. There was some road/traffic noise from my room, but not too bad, and silence is not be be had in most places. I would stay again...and I'm admittedly usually pretty picky.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Mumbai
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Really nice place to stay with decent sized clean room. I was there for an overnight trip, but it was worth the stay. The service was excellent, with the staff people being very helpful. They even arranged for a local taxi for me the next day. The 24 hours food availability helped me kill my mid-night hunger. The breakfast was excellent, with a nice spread. If you travelling for business trip, you cannot ask for a better place with the right rate than this hotel. I would definately make a stay again on my next visit there.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Saurav N
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I was on a business trip whenI chose to stay with Lemon tree for 5 days in Chennai. When I approached the hotel, it's design and landscape did not really impress me. I was probably expecting a bigger property. But from the moment I went inside to my last day there, I was really touched with their awesome hospitality, which I never experienced before. We are all used to normal courteous behavior of the staffs in a decent hotel globally but never before did I experience the things that I did here. Staffs from every department were on their toes with a ever smiling face. The decor of the hotel is modern, very clean and serves to be the right size for business travellers. I would like to have special mention for the housekeeping section as they cleaned my room twice a day. One can rent old and recent movies in the room too. I was staying in the executive room and found it quite charming. The breakfast spread was quite large, keeping food for diverse people.....they had idly/dosa etc for south indians, continental breakfast and paratha/sabzi for north indians. It was very interesting to notice that in every breakfast table there was table mats which had some jokes in it....it was all so different for different tables. So, I made it a point to enjoy and refresh myself by changing tables everyday during my stay.

I would like to recommend this hotel who is looking for a business hotel with all amenities at a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Pls select Execute rooms and above to best utilize this hotel. The normal rooms are smaller and with...
2 Thank Anindo_Aditya
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Overall environment is good and freindly

Eventhough Breakfast and LUnch/Dinner complimentary - the food served was very good

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Pleasant hotel, clean, spacious rooms and a very good restaurant with tasteful buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The pool is an extra gift to the stay! If I have the chance, I will come back!

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This time I went to Lemon Tree with my hubby. It was his first time at this hotel.He felt everything simply awesome. Even though it was a business trip we enjoyed it like a leisure one. All credit goes to the staff. I always prefer this hotel when even I'm flying down to Chennai.

Room Tip: They got all rooms good.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Vellore, India
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The room was excellent. The location and the ambience too. I really liked it. The house keeping was great. The cleanliness was superb. The bath and toilet were impeccable. Power cut was not a problem at Lemon tree! Oops, the breakfast! Yet another excellent.
Now the big BUT!
I could not book online since, only visa and master cards were accepted online. This is poor IT management. So I had to pay cash.
This meant, the hotel would not honor the rates as given in the site Rs 14366 for 2 days, the Best Available Rate!! [ inclusive of all taxes]
One receptionist told me it will be Rs 14940. Another one told me it will be Rs 15471 for 2 days. Yet another receptionist told me it will be Rs 14990.At the checking out time it was Rs 15526! Finally they settled for Rs 15471. I thought this was poor HR and Financial management!
If the management can improve their IT and HR management, there will be m,ore satisfied customers for Lemon Tree.
Thirdly, there was no Feedback form or facility anywhere. Nice if you can keep these in self pasting covers in the room, which will go directly to the GM or CEO.

DR JOSEPH KURUVILLA

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
TheLemonTreeHotels, General Manager at Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit to Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai. May I apologize for not meeting your expectations fully, during this visit.

• Credit cards: we accept all major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard and American Express. It is possible that there was an error at the time you were making a reservation. We regularly check the booking process on our website to ensure it is running smoothly.
• Clarity regarding applicable rate: the Front Desk was trying to upgrade your room to a higher category and in doing so government tax has to be paid on the published rate of that higher category room. Hence, you were told different total costs on different occasions. We will train our Front Desk team again to handle this better.
• Feedback forms: we are keenly interested in what our guests have to say about our product and service. Based on consumer feedback, we offer feedback forms to guests at the time of checkout (rather than in the room). This makes it easy for guests to give us their feedback while they are waiting for the bill.

Please give us an opportunity to make amends. Do email me at sanjay.das@lemontreehotels.com and I will be happy to handle the arrangements personally.

With best regards,