“Good Value for Money”
Review of Club House

Club House
Ranked #147 of 6,672 Restaurants in Chennai (Madras)
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Beakfast , Lunch and Dinner not to talk about the best in town

Visited October 2011

Berlin, Germany
“For Europeans: Best to choose!”
Reviewed December 4, 2009

In my eyes: this is the best restaurant for european taste-lovers to go to!
They offer a bit from everything there: Soups, Pizza, Pasta, Indian-Food, Thai-Food and so on! Everything in perfect quality and served by really passionate service staff.

These days the restaurant offers a lot of different specials, like seafood evenings with fresh seafood that can be chosen from a buffet, while the chef stands besides you an recommends what to choose and what the best way of preparation might be. Prices are shown besides the food.
Another new thing is the dessert buffet: In the evening (i think about 11p.m. to 1 a.m.) there sometimes is a buffet with desserts and coffee for about 600 Rs.
On Sundays they have a really nice brunch especially made for families, which is around 900 Rs., I think.

Only little minus in my eyes is the atmosphere, because of the room being so big. But everything is well designed and beautiful and you can straightly look into the kitchen and see it's extremely clean!
I would have given only half a minus for the atmosphere, but I'm afraid it's not possible.

Fazit:
This is my favourite european style restaurant!!!!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“This past Monday we had...”
Reviewed January 2, 2009

This past Monday we had some clients visit us and we took them out for lunch at...? obviously the newest restaurant in town – Club House at the Taj Mount Road. We could have chosen the other Taj property nearby, the Taj Connemera but then we picked “Club House” by instinct. We followed dining etiquette and made table reservations. The property was opened just the week before (22nd Dec 08) and we could still see the premises being decked up when we arrived.

We were greeted by courteous staff and were shown our table and seated. I couldn't help glancing at the glass roof offering a glimpse of the sky and the canopy of a tree. A bold move considering that summers in Chennai are hot and humid. I should also mention the impeccable air-conditioning comfortable, not too cold nor warm. The restaurant has modest interiors and open kitchens – yes there are two and one is called the “Food Bazaar”.

We started with soup, I had the pumpkin soup, it tasted like Chowder with a variety of bread and bread sticks as accompaniments followed by Salad. The salad bar was well stocked. Spicy Mushrooms Olives, Variety of cut vegetables, A smorgasbord stocked with Emmenthal, Cheddar, Gouda and Brie. Brie is a delicious desert Cheese and was surprised to see it along with Salads. The salad dressings were the house specialty and notably missing were the vinaigrette, olive oil and Honey Mustard. There were a variety of cold cuts for the carnivores. I loved the spicy mushrooms and the hummus.

After the salad you have a choice, you can either order from the Food Bazaar or go for the menu. I opted for the Food Bazaar and asked for some Hakka Noodles with Vegetables (Pok Choy, Bell Pepper, Tofu) in spicy Mongolian sauce. One colleague ordered for some Indian Bread (Parotta) from the menu, incidentally this is the only Indian bread on the menu! Other colleagues took their turns at the Food Bazaar and asked for their own concoctions. A sumptuous, just the right portion, of noodles and vegetables.

All of us decided to skip dessert but then the maitre de insisted we try the dessert. The choice was wide, ice cream lovers would rejoice. I choose the heavenly “Strawbery Shot” followed by some South Indian Filter Coffee - servedin a Stainless Steel Cup and Tumbler, from the menu to complete my meal.

I can't help reflecting on how hurriedly this restaurant must have been put up since the items don't seem to have been thoughtfully chosen. Imagine an expensive cheese like brie being followed up with a Parotta and finished off with a South Indian Filter Coffee. What would you call it- Fusion Food?! I couldn't help notice the waiter bringing the dishes to the table and then frown at the other staff because the used plates weren't cleared. Guess they would learn as days go by. Looking forward to be there once again the week after next.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook