“Friendly place”
Review of Taj Club House

Taj Club House
Ranked #18 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Haverfordwest
“Friendly place”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Excellent place to stay with friendly staff. Probably not upto coromandels standard . Food in beyond Indus was exceptional Don't miss the Kachi Biryani and the butter chicken. The chef's starters was the highlight. Central location and staff were friendly.
We were in the 6th floor and could still hear the music from the club downstairs. The only other criticism was you had to pay for Wifi. Suggest a hr. of free wifi for guests to check emails etc.

Room Tip: Preferably 6th floor to avoid the music from the bar
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tallmouse47

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Turkish first
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Club house has the best staff across all Taj Hotels. The care taken by them from your arrival till departure is just awesome. The rooms are good, though small, but provided with comforts. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are taking a late fight to and early flight from chennai, as bad traffic during peak hours may tire you. However, its close to all localities and is in the center of chennai.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Its a great property in the heart of the city. Everything is very near and hence communication with any transport is very easy. We stayed here for 2 nights and all the staffs are very helpful and professional. The room which I stayed here was on the 5 floor and was of decent size, we would have preferred a little more private bath place (not translucent glass enclosure) as we were travelling with our toddler son. Hotel staff paid attention to details, they even sent a tray of chocolates for our son.

Being basically a business hotel, I would have appreciated free internet but it was a paid service. Buffet breakfast was of 5 star standards as you would expect. Swimming pool on 7th floor was clean and average size. I would make special note to the honest and diligent staffs in hotel, I would have left my laptop during checkout but just because of the staffs in hotel I got it at the nick of time while I was leaving the gates of the hotel to catch my flight back.

I highly recommend this hotel for a business stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed in this hotel during a short business visit to Chennai.. though I reached late , they were expecting me and check- in was quick.. Initially the room they gave me was at a lower floor and there was noise here from the disc below.. Requested a room change and that was promptly done the next day.. Property has a lovely Indian restaurant and roof top pool and bar..
Breakfast is very good with ample choices..
Decent value for money.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Berlin, New Jersey
Reviewed February 10, 2013

From the moment we arrived, the scent of the Taj Clubhouse was intoxicating. We were greeted by the overwhelmingly friendly staff and gorgeous interior of the hotel and we felt like this was home. We stayed at the Taj for three months on business and by the end did not want to leave. Everything from the food, housekeeping, and amenities were impeccable. They did everything possible to make our extended stay absolutely amazing. During our stay, we ventured to other Taj Hotels in India that the Guest Relations Manager (Deepa) arranged for us and they all were exceptional. The Taj Club House was also located in a great area of Chennai. We had the luxury of being located on a quiet street, but also had the advantage of being within walking distance to two huge malls and great shops and restaurants. The pool and gym at the Club House were wonderful and the Mediterranean roof-top restaurant, Kefi, is sure not to miss!!! Most of our meals were spent at The Club House Restaurant, where the a la carte and buffet meals were delicious. Fridays and Saturday buffet nights were our favorite because they have amazing live music. Sunday brunch was also incredible and was literally a feast before our eyes. The wait-staff at The Club House not only became our friends, but our family. We definitely miss seeing Vicky, Ruma, Avinash, Rajesh, Raghav, and Ajit's faces every day.
All in all, we would go back to the Taj Club House in a heartbeat and recommend this hotel to anyone, especially extended stay business travelers.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Do not stay here on a Friday or Saturday night if you looking at getting sleep when you stay here. The hotel has a bar (which I admit is nice and is a happening place) but the noise insulation of this hotel is so poor that I could hear the vibrations of the music and the music as well on the 3rd floor of the hotel. When I called the reception, they seemed more proud about having a liquor license to serve alcohol till 1:30am (normally its 11pm) than to try and reduce the noise or to close the doors of the bar or to apologize for the loud noise. I had an early morning flight to catch and needed some sleep. The Duty manager asked me if I wanted to change my room but she didnt have the sense to understand that at 1am, I am not going to get out of my bed, pack my stuff and move to another room (and theres no guarantee that there would no noise issues there). Keep your shower to 5 minutes (or less) since the shower cubicle gets flooded due to the por drainage system in the bathroom!
To make matters worse, I came down at 6:30am to check-out and have a quick breakfast. I entered the coffee shop and asked the steward if I could have an omlete. To my surprize and shock, he said that they only start serving hot breakfast at 7am (wierd for a five star hotel) but I could have the omlete before that if I ordered it from the ala carte menu and paid for it (in addition to the buffet). I got upset and simply walked out of the coffee shop and complained to the duty manager. However, the duty manager seemed least concerned and didnt even apologize for anything. I dont even know why I was even charged for this stay in the first place.... This hotel is a disgrace to the Taj brand and I hope the top management of the Taj Group get things sorted out here since the staff here seem to be least concerned about guests and infrastructure here is outdated and not upto par with other five star hotels.

Room Tip: Dont stay here!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank ttravel23
Bangalore
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We [my wife and I] reached late, around midnight, but folks were expecting us. I guess that is the way they treat their guest, very warm. Duty manager came out into the lobby to receive us. He then took us to our room. Bell Boy, great attitude. The variety at the breakfast was good, though the place was a little congested. The food in 'Beyond Indus' restaurant was good. We can understand why is rated very high. The Chef came and spoke and explained what his team does to take care of the guest.

The team handling the Spa is very professional and friendly. The facilities, very nice and clean.
The gym, overlooking the pool is very attractive. The pool is not very big, but functional. It is at the top floor.

The hotel is situated in a very busy area of the city, is relatively quite inside.

We will not hesitate to recommend this centrally located place even for families on vacation.

Room Tip: There isn't any specific view that will help, but if you take rooms at the top floor, the panora...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple