I have stayd twice in this property in the last 1 year and it has been an overall good experience. The first time around their pool was getting repaired but the functional gym helped. On my second trip, the rains played spoilsport and thus I stayed indoors.
The hotel personnel were very attentive and upgraded me to a better room as this was my second visit. Sadly, the room was on 6th floor (606) and right below a restaurant). I had a tough time at night as there was a lot of nose right till 2 AM.
Would advise light sleepers to avoid 606 and rooms around that vicinity as I am not a light sleeper and still found the noise irritating. Thankfully, this was taken care of and I didn't notice any noise for the next 2 nights.
The restaurant, Club House seves excellent breakfast, though I would still prefer my Idlis from specialist Idli joints around Chennai. The restaurant spread is big with a lot of choice though, the layout kind of creates some chaos in your mind as you go to 3 different ends of the restaurant to enjoy different kinds of food.
The lounge at the ground floor looks very inviting and is rocking till past midnight but that's still one place in the property I haven't had the chance to visit.
Overall, the property is great except :
1. The place doesn't have a great view and
2. It is not located on a high street
As a business hotel, it gets my full points. Whatever the hotel, lacks in character, is made up amply by the welcoming staff and impeccable service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Clubhouse Road – famous for its magnificent homes of British luminaries and as the original site of the renowned Madras Club.Taj Club House is a stylish contemporary hotel, with young and trendy food & beverage outlets & cutting edge technology. Taj Club House is the latest offering from Taj to Chennai, geared to meet the requirements of the "modern traveler" from offering ease of access to the modern fast paced world, to the comfort and style that the environs of the hotel offers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoftTaj, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Taj Club House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taj Club House Hotel Chennai (Madras)