Pratap Plaza Hotel
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$133
$129
  • Pool
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$140
Taj Hotels
$69
$65
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$66
Hotels.com
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$93
$89
Radisson Blu Hotel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$104
$86
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$63
$60
Agoda.com
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$71
$60
$180
$173
  • Pool
All reviewsvalue for moneytraditional south indiant nagarbusiness tourchennai citysupport staffbudget hotelvery nice experiencefood quality isexecutive roomprime locationcomplimentary breakfastnon vegwi fiexcellent stayconvenient locationroom service
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I visited Chennai alone for official tour & stayed in this Hotel (as referred by my office colleague); I checked in room no: 103 & stayed there from 8th April to 11th. The hotel is found to be good for the following reasons:-
1. rooms are big & clean, toilet is OK
2. location is good, you can call a taxi & can expect it to come within 15-30 min; or, if you are in a hurry, an auto stand is situated adjacent to this Hotel (although auto fare is extremely high in Chennai); If you need cash money in urgency, 3 ATMs (SBI, ICICI, HDFC) are adjacent to the Hotel.
3. So far the restaurent in the Ground floor (Chennai 24) is concerned, food is OK, & atmosphere is cool.
4. Room Service is also good.

So, next time I will be in Chennai, I will go for this hotel; only one thing, If you are in a personal tour, it might be a little bit expensive. So, think for your budget twice, for that case.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Sourav_KoL_WB
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The Chennai city needs a thorough overhauling to eliminate mosquitoes. Even I understand that the case is same with 5 star hotels. It is very difficult to have a peaceful sleep with Good night mats they put in the rooms. All mosquito repellant manufacturers should take up a test in this city and in this hotel, which is a sample setup.

Room is quite decent with proper toilet with western commode etc.,

The breakfast which is complimentary is very good.

But the price tag is on higher side given the mosquito treat.

Chennai should be avoided for some time till it has won over mosquitoes.

Simple south Indian food is also very costly compared to its quality and variety.

Then do U have a choice? - I am not sure.

R V B Rao, rvbrao@yahoo.com

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank rvbrao
Reviewed August 21, 2012

After We checked in, after getting fresh and having breakfast at 10.15 am the receptionist told me that the room in which they made us stay is "premium" and i have booked "standard" so they are changing it to "premium". I objected as they did not informed me in advance. In standard room furniture is old. Even a small thing like water jug was having broken tap. Room service is severely bad. Waiter brought tea in broken thermos. In room card, laundry collection was stated at 10 am but when i called they said laundry boy left at 9am. Our cloths remained unwashed. After two days suffering i decided to leave hotel. Not happy at all with the information system of hotel. Staff is not affectionate towards the guest. Breakfast buffet is boring. Both days We found the same things.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Yash842
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I am new to chennai was on here for a business visit. I was referred by my friend to stay in this hotel as it is in a center place. I also booked a room before one day. During my booking they said room is available for tomorrow. I said them that i will check in by 5:00 to 6:00AM. But once i reached by 6:15, the receptionist casually said sorry sir rooms are full. I asked them cant you ring me & say that the rooms are full, u dont have a courtesy to call.....? if you would`ve said so i might looked for some other hotel. So i advise people not to take chances to stay here....

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Vinod_cbe
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Dear Mr. Vinod,
We thank you very much for your comment. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience faced during your visit to our hotel. We will take the necessary corrective actions in this regard to ensure smooth services in the future.
We thank you once again for your valuable comment.
Regards,
Sunil Samuel
Manager -Operations,
Hotel Pratap Plaza.

Reviewed November 7, 2011

Location is good.Rooms not up to standard,Restaurant is expensive and not so good.Can manage for a day on urgent basis.Reasonably priced.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

We thank you very much for your valuable comment. Now we have renovated the rooms and the quality of food has been improved. We look forward towards your next visit.
Thanks & Regards,