“average hotel with good food”
Review of Orchid Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chennai (Madras)
Orchid Inn
Ranked #319 of 398 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
Kolkata
“average hotel with good food”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

we stayed in this hotel for two days the room was good and comfortable as we were tired after our eight day tour we were relaxed and we enjoyed the stay thay provied one day tour as they have their own travel desk which is helpful,we can also have good veg restra only ten mints walk from here is Sarwana is good option ,satyam cinema is also near and mall is also nearby ,Escape is a must visit in Chennai,,...overall experience was good the airport is near abt 17 kilometer ........

Room Tip: rooms in ground floor are good...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Biel
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Good location, opposite Express Avenue shopping mall. We went there just for one night. I was travelling with 2 indian guys. In the middle of the night, the bell rang, people were banging at the door. I got up, and was suprised to see 2 cops and the hotel manager when I opened the door. I don't speak tamil so didn't understand what they wanted. We still don't know what happened and why the cops came.
Room is clean, bathroom too. Staff is ok.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Vellore, India
Reviewed January 12, 2014

well ... me and my friends payed 1.4K RS and for that .. the room was decent enough for us plus i was jus opposite to EA(Express Avenue ). There is a TV and the Shows are english and tamil and hindi .. the beds were clean .. the bathroom on the contrary could have been cleaner .... and the staff could be more friendly... but on an overall .. for a trip with friends ... and when u are on a tight budget and want to have more fun outdside ..... its not a bad option

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here just for a day and a night. Overall experience was not so good. As while check in at 11 pm. The reception was not attentive. Then I got a room which didn't have even a window for ventilation.

Moreover that when I asked for dinner, I got a rude reply that they serve food only upto 10. I went out for dinner.
When I came back there was no blanket in my room. After asking I got one which was not clean. That was more shocking. But I was dead tired so I slept. They didn't bother to give water and glass also in the room. No soap no amenities.
To get hot water I asked at least 3 times then I got the hot water as they switch off the guiser connection.

While check out I tried to complain but reception didn't pay attention so I thought to be quite.

Overall terrible place.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Chennai (Madras) hotels

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed September 15, 2013

With my wife, I had stayed in this hotel for 4 days last week. It is located in front of New College , closely located to Hospital Bus Stop of Royapetta. Initially I was worried when I reached in the hotel as the outer view and lift was not attractive. But my stay changed my views.

It was a good hotel for people those look for budget hotel. Cost starts here from Rs 1100 /- onwords.

The hotel room service uses the nearby hotel ( probably their hotel) for providing food to guests on order. One of the best food testwise if you rate the food. We are very happy.

There is travel agency closely working with the hotel who has a desk on first floor. One can seek his assistance to plan sight seeing.

Stay is very secured here .

The hotel was under renovation and they wee adding another 10 room in groubd floor and glsamour / decorative arrangements to frontview . It will add values to hotel.

Hotel management needs to improve house keeping management to provide a good stay exprience for guest.

Reception and room service staffs were very good.

Room Tip: Just take the guidance of the hotel staff. Go with them and see the rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Not a good hotel.
*had to wait atleast 30-45 minutes to get the room
*rooms were dirty and there was plumbing work going on
*photos on the Internet/booking site does not match. They show neat clean rooms in net and in reality these rooms are worse than you imagine
*asked the reception guy to clean the room and bathroom after the plumbing work which was happening even after checking in the room, they did not want to do

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lucknow
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I along with my wife reached hotel in the morning at around 6 AM. Hotel door was closed. after 5 minutes, guard opened the gate. No one available at the reception. When receptionist came and we showed the Cleartrip Voucher, he got confused and asked us to wait on a very filthy sofa. We waited for 5 minutes there and again showed the Cleartrip Voucher. To our surprise, he informed that the Hotel is full and room is not available. Then he asked us to shift to another nearby hotel. When we reached that hotel, we were asked to pay for the auto fare. This new hotel was also not upto the mark. overall a very bad experience. DO NOT CONSIDER THIS HOTEL FOR YOUR STAY.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank upender_84