Kanchi Residency Hotel
$63
$59
Agoda.com
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$218
$120
  • Pool
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$218
$145
Taj Hotels
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$128
$72
Taj Hotels
The Residency Towers(Chennai (Madras))
$73
$68
Agoda.com
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$80
$56
Agoda.com
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$169
$75
Hotels.com
Somerset Greenways Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$74
$69
Agoda.com
Lemon Tree Hotel, Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
  • Breakfast included
Savera Hotel(Chennai (Madras))
$56
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here for a night and was chosen account of the offices where we had appointment being nearby. Average hotel with complimentary breakfast which was a bonus. Since there were good vegetarian hotels nearby eating out was not a problem. Recommended only if you have business nearby and hotel can serve as a quick refreshing joint prior to a meeting

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jagannadh
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We have stayed three times in the hotel as it is very near by to the place of our work.

The Hotel is with Bar on the Fourth Floor. The stay is ok with less ventilation of air facilities in the rooms.

Quiet reasonable.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Stay_11
Reviewed March 1, 2011

We booked this hotel for 4 days for it's proximity to the Chennai Trade Center. (It is a hotel recommended by some Jewelry council here)

Even if you are totally prepared for something pathetic, this place will *still* shock you. it's that bad. I thought i had found *my* worst hotel when I stayed at something pathetic in Delhi last time (my only 1* review I think). And yet, this place made me feel that TA should have had a 0 ...

Firstly we had booked 2 months in advance. since we were reaching late at night, we called the previous day (in spite of having a confirmation email) specifically to tell them that we'll be in at 11:00 p.m. The person on the other end, rudely told us that since we already have a confirmation, we shouldn't be calling them. ok fine ... maybe he was just having a bad day.

once we reached there at 11:00 p.m., they couldn't find any record of our booking. I showed them the confirmation email ... and he said sure: it's there. but *he* was not informed of it so he couldn't do anything.

still he gave us the 'suite' for a much higher price & i didn't feel like arguing at that hour.
(if *that* was their 'suite', i shudder to think what an 'economy' room would be).

I have seen run-down places before ... and expected it seeing the exterior. but it *still* won't prepare you for the interior. Ply-wood furniture which is peeling everywhere ... cupboards don't close ... they're so dark and dirty that you won't want to even touch them. the room stinks of some cheap air freshner made to cover up their sloppy cleaning job.

They have a *seriously* unbelievable number of mosquitos. I mean we live in mumbai ... so we're not new to the mosquito menace ... but this place takes the cake. I can challenge anyone to sit for more than 10 minutes at the reception. my gripe is that they do *nothing* to control them. the room windows are kept open during evenings without any mosquito nets etc. Stuff that could be done easily.

The bathroom was dirty. The shower didn't work because it was so clogged with muck. They didn't give us towels or anything when we checked in ... we had to call & ask for it. The toilet was filthy. (they use a dark color so you can't make out ... much)

We just checked out the next day ... and of course we were charged for the suite since it was 'our' fault that we didn't call up each and every member of their staff personally to inform them that we were going to come.

And we made the mistake of trying breakfast ... er ... let's just say that it's
an experience i'm trying to forget.

i usually put pros & cons on my reviews and let the reader decide if it matters enough for them to make a decision one way or the other. but apart for it's big size (the suite was huge) and the aircon which actually worked ... i cannot for the world of me figure out why anyone would actually *recommend* this place.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank nips_manny
Reviewed August 24, 2010

Its a average hotel for the price you pay.. I know that this hotel has been around for many years in Chennai and wanted to try it.. We booked around 20 rooms for my bro's marriage guests and the rooms were nearly average..

Since the hotel is a very old one, some areas in the hotel are unclean and the room is also not very clean.. Its okay for a large group looking for a cheap accomodation.. But defenitely not for a couple to spend good time..

• Stayed: October 2009
Reviewed July 25, 2010

Even though the hotel is functioning in a prime location, and for a long time in chennai. The management ought to have felt they could maintained the rooms well , not taking the advantage that roooms would get fllled up being in a locations that demands.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business