“ONLY FOR TAMILS”
Review of Tidel Residency

Tidel Residency
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Chennai (Madras)
Tidel Residency
Ranked #185 of 397 Hotels in Chennai (Madras)
New Delhi, India
“ONLY FOR TAMILS”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I traveled from Delhi to Chennai for an official trip & booked the hotel after seeing their number on the internet. The person who answered the phone confirmed the booking. I reached there saturday 9pm with my wife & son, to be told that I need to wait for 20mins though I had called from airport to confirm exact time I would reach. While I waited & it was about 15mins, a Tamil speaking couple in early 40s walked in & was given a warm welcome. They seemed like regulars & was inquiring about room availability. I saw the person who had earlier gone to supervise our room cleaning, come over & immediately hand over the keys to this couple. It was clear that our reserved room was just handed over to someone else who just walked in, right in front of us. When I went & protested, with a smirk the man at reception said they were regulars & had to be given preferences. I continued to wait since it was late for us to start searching for a new hotel. After another 10mins a big group consisting of atleast 9 people who again spoke tamil walks in to enquire about rooms. The guy at reception gives me a quick glance then asks them to wait. Again the previous routine happens, just that this time, they wanted 3rooms, but was given our key as 1 & asked to wait for the rest 2!! I was furious & went to have a word with the staff. Instead of being apologetic, they were defensive & said they had to ensure a big group like that doesn't leave & I have to wait, else could leave. Since we had by now waited for more than an hour & it was late, they assumed we were trapped. I called up a cab & looked up other hotels in my laptop then & finally escaped out of Tidel Residency

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Shivakumar_Pandit

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bangalore
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I had a function to attend and stayed in tidel residency for 1 night and 2 days . This is good for very short stay where you want to visit some one or attend function .

Advantages.
- on main road in ECR ROAD .
- close to bus depot
- you will get auto in front of hotel it self
- rooms are ok , neat and clean

Disadvantage
- there is a restaurant below but it has restricted timings go beware if you some thing in between they will get it form outside only .. But they will up front tell you.
- room bed spread may be little dirty in some rooms ..

Advise

Check the room before you take it .. Corner rooms may be very small . They say delux and executive but there is not much difference .

Check room size and blankets before you check in ..

Overall good service and ok stay ..

Room Tip: Do not take corner rooms as it could be small and they charge the same money for that as well.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ArunRajamani
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Whenever i visit chennai, i stay at this hotel. One main reason is the cleanliness of the rooms, washrooms and even the walkways. Another good thing is the proximity to Tiruvanmiyur bus depot. From central, i catch Route No 1, which drops me 100 mtr before the hotel location.

Room Tip: If you were given room 302, check about the condition of A/C as there was continuous water dripping...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Helsingoer, Denmark
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Its a okay place. Its in the start of ECR road. Limited space in the hotel. There is a restaurant in the base. Was staying with a large group so booked this hotel as we had a function to attend in Thiruvanmiyur. It was okay for one night. Its just a average hotel.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank shenekurien
Texas City, Texas
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Not too far from the central station but be aware the autos are gonna loot you!! Its not like the other third rated but high tariff hotels in Thiruvanmiyur where you have to worry about the cops coming to your door to check who is there inside. A bit pricey but given the location it is okay. Close to the beach. Also close to local bus stand.

Room Tip: Rooms on the first floor are better than the ground floor ones.
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank khushi_nn
Bangalore
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Tidel Residency is a good budget hotel option for a short business trip with close proximity to the IT parks and ECR. I stayed in this hotel thrice in the Double AC and Double Standard AC rooms. I have always made reservations through their website and have not had any problems with room allotment so far.
The rooms and the beds are maintained well and are clean. However considering that the rooms were not very spacious and airy, this would not be the first choice for families. If budget is the constraint, one could explore this place since it is clean and is close to the ECR road.

Positives
1. Located close to the Thiruvanmiyur bus stand, IT corridor and ECR.
2. Functional website with option for online booking
3. Clean rooms with AC, TV and Geyser in working condition
4. Free wireless internet access

Areas of improvement
1. Provide an option for Breakfast
2.Clarity on the room smoking policy would help non smokers and smokers

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the road
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed November 2, 2011

I dont know where to start if I have to explain my worst hotel experience (nightmare). I was scheduled to reach Chennai in the evening & since its not a preferred Check In time, I decided to book the hotel in advance. On calling up the front desk, they informed me that they have made the booking but IT IS NOT CONFIRMED. If I need to confirm the booking, I would have to pay a token amount ie; half the hotel tariff. Lucky for me, I had few friends in Chennai, how were willing to go to the extra mile (YES, it is outside city limits on ECR Rd) made the payment. The booking was made for 7pm & I arrived promptly at 6:45pm. Since I came early, they said that the rooms are being cleaned & I need to wait. They suggested using the restaurant downstairs to wait & have a snack, while promising to call me on my cellphone, once the rooms are ready. I had dinner & the wait went on for another hour, when I decided to go up & check the status. At this point the person said that couple of people who were supposed to checkout are yet to leave & would take an additional 45mins. I left the luggage there & decided to go for a stroll. I returned an hour later (9pm) only to resume my wait at the front desk. At around 9:45pm a group of rooms checked out, thus increasing my hopes. When I contacted the front desk, they informed the rooms require cleaning.. While I waited at the front desk for rooms to be cleaned, a family of 6 walked in, got 2 new set of rooms & checked into the rooms which were recently vacated. On enquirer I was informed that, they were regulars & couldn't be denied service. At this point, I had lost all patience & demanded some action immediately. The behavior of the hotel staff took a whole U turn at this point & they hinted that I could look at other alternatives, while refused to pay back the advance. I waited another 30mins (11pm), meanwhile shamelessly asking for shelter at my friend's house. Finally at 11:30 I got picked up from my friends to stay with them, while I lost my money & all interest to ever go back to the place

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo