“Very nice n affordable”

Hotel Mallika Residency
Ranked #220 of 414 Chennai (Madras) B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed there for a day fearing what a hotel n room would be in Rs.350/-?? but when reached in the room by using a lift,was surprised to see a good room etc. Besides,we could come back from the marina beach by walk as it was near.
I shall recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'll keep it short. The wifi was good and worked at a good speed for the 12 hours that I worked there. The power went off for a long time. They have generators but I do not know why it was off and when asked they said that phase is off and they were unaware and we had power after waiting some 30 minutes. A/c was working....but not working. :) Yes it was working ...but did not make the room cool. TV was not working properly.
Bed bugs were on the bed and running around. I has taken a HIT repellent but it did not work in chasing them away. Bathrooms were clean. Floor and beds appeared clean. I think you must not expect more than this from them.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I booked the room in the hotel online and i showed the reciept in my phone on arriving. But the receptionist wanted a printout and told me to pay the cash again for the room and he will return the money on producing the printout next day. When I gave the printout next day, he said i can get the money while checking out. But at that time he told that he cant return the money and he will get it from the travel agent. His behaviour was rude to say least. I mean who the the hell made this person a receptionist who yells at the customers. Finally the owner promised me to return my money in 2 days, for which I am still waiting after 3 months. Hotel full of liers and thieves. I ended up paying twice the money for a room which was not even worth paying once. If there was a zero rating I would give that, it suits.

Room Tip: Dont Visit this hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sandy642
Reviewed April 28, 2013

i went to chennai to meet my family person of mine. overall good hotel in chennai.but low cast for our budget . overall had a good time in the hotel chennai , but the website info like complimenrty breakfast , cookies etc is a good of my thought...some good breakfast and dinner etc....

Room Tip: rooms on the east side better of morning sun light
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I went to chennai to meet friend of mine. I booked the room through a famous website. The pictures they show you are misleading and I will tell you what all I experienced...

1)one can easily tell that the hotel is badly maintained just by looking the facade.

2)no proper lighting. once you enter the hotel the lobby is dimly litten. the rooms have very dim lights as well.

2) hotel staff is very rude. as soon as i arrived at the check in counter i saw a guest having an argument with the guy at reception which went on for 15 minutes(he must have complained probably).

3) food ordered from room service is overpriced. they don't have plates, spoons etc if you ask for.

4) no plug point for charging laptops and mobile. they have put a signboard that say avoid using power as its expensive in the room itself.

5)most importantly the room are small, with paint pealing off from the walls, room and bathroom full of cockroaches and bedbugs. my arm and back were bitten by bedbugs and i couldn't sleep at all.

6)the room-boys will knock your door every 15 minutes god knows for what reason.

7)the hotel is located inside a small lane which again can be very unsafe.

while checking out i complained all these things to the guy at the reception and he just shrugged off and this actually happen with every guest. I was really surprised that hotel like these exist and are doing business.
I saw so many people who booked there room in Mallika Residency just like me but had to go though the same horrible experience as i went through.
I hope that others will take this feedback seriously and not ruin their stay in chennai as they did to mine.

Room Tip: if you are staying in a budget hotel make sure it is located on the main road as it is safe rather t...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank aryamihirc
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Overall had a good time in the hotel in chennai, but the website info like complimentary breakfast, cookies, etc is a lie. the hotel manager himself says so!! The website can update correct info, by checking with the the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank ShrinivasRP
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Terrible. Don't look at the past reviews as it was totally opposite. No room availability in arrival. Was made to wait for 2 hrs before I got the room. After that no soap is provided, probably first hotel in the world that does not provide a soap.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business