“awesome rates in the heart of chennai”

Hotel Mallika Residency
Ranked #219 of 406 Chennai (Madras) B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 9, 2012

which hotel in chennai gives at this rate that to near u.s
consulate with free wifi just suggest i have searched this is the only hotel with all three star facilities and that to with free wifi awesome is the only word i have saved worth 25 dollars per day by staying at this hotel by way of convenience and wifi facilities

3  Thank perfectravi

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I first came to India 8 years ago. Since then I have travelled through almost every state, and have stayed in accommodation as cheap as Rs 50 per night. I am not one to get upset easily. And I had never checked out of a hotel in disgust... until I stayed at Mallika Residency.

They claim to be a business class hotel, but there is nothing further from the truth. The rooms are basic, which I have no problem with. But it is the way the staff treat their guests which tipped me over the edge.

I could give so many examples of the bad customer service they 'offer', but let me avoid getting into details and just advise people not to stay there... unless they are prepared to be driven into steaming bad mood by the staff.

Plus point: The Saravana Bhavan around the corner does the best masala dosas I've ever tasted. And I've had a lot of masala dosas. But strangely, they are only good in the evening. In the morning they are average.

Room Tip: Rooms in another hotel are better.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Doddford
Reviewed February 15, 2012

mallika residency has two hotel interconnected to each other. I booked it online by seeing their hotels room images. But when i landed up there i was given room which was very dingy, with loads of cockroaches crawlings around in the room and bathroom. Moreover it was written in their description hot and cold water running..... but when there was cold water only. hotel staff are so inruding that they might come and sit at your bed and ask you for breakfast, dinner, water etc....
Moreover, there was a raid by Police officer in the midnight as if it was some kind of brothel....
take my advise this hotel is a complete no for family and for who wants a decent stay....
free internet was for torturing the guests. it was avaialbe at the reception with no fan of air conditioning

Room Tip: there are no good rooms... the picture shown above are of different hotel... even the girl shown at...
4  Thank mdzahid1985
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I was about to visit Chennai on 3rd Feb 2012. I called them a week before and notified that I need a Single Non A/C room on 3rd.They informed that there was availability and confirmed my room. I can just inform my name in the counter and get the keys. As simple as that. They also addred that they will give me a 10% discount on booking, So I just have to pay 360 Rs for the room. So when I wen't there on 3rd and informed about my reservation they didn't even look at me and informed that no rooms. go go. I told that I've already made a reservation. They replied so what? There are no rooms now. I've never seen any hotel with such bad customer service anywhere in the world. God punish them for their errant attitude.

5  Thank saravana26
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This hotel is cheap for Chennai but the internet site doesnt reflectthat this is only a very basic old hotel and not really clean at all. The front counter staff seem quite pleasant but little English is spoken. Hot water in buckets no real room seervice. My biggest peeve was you couldnt get a cold drink or a decent cup of tea or coffee and it took ages to get anything. The staff seemed to be more interested in tips than anything else and somewhat less than helpful .
The rooms were run down and very old fashioned and bathroom left a lot to be desired as far as being clean . No i wouldnt stay again unless it was very breifly for an early train connection . Hotel is in a business it district not very niceand near a loud picture theatre .

Room Tip: Rooms away from alleyway are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank phillipislandfamily
Reviewed December 26, 2011

Needed a room to wait for a certificate from MGR university.
Chose this and regrets.
The room was below ground level and obviously had no windows.
after you close the door , you will feel you are in a cave or a pit.
The bathroom was worse.
One thing interesting to some commuters is that there are 2 computers with internet access kept at the reception , that may be used for browsing

Room Tip: Choose any other hotel
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank pulmonologist
Reviewed December 18, 2011

I have been staying at The Mallika Residency and for the fifth time in a row I had the "BED BUGS" as my indispensable friends all through my stay of 1 night and 2 days.

The factor that this hotel is rated good for "VALUE FOR MONEY" only in terms of economically priced option in a hi-fi metro like Chennai. The location is its best advantage as it is very helpful for busy travelers like me who commute between cities very often.

One another thing that really keeps you worrying is that whether you would be allowed to pay your bills through a valid credit card despite several reminders to the reception staff since the time you check in till your departure from the hotel.

The staff are not informed well or they simply do not entertain such requests. Its is surprising that you are insisted to pay in cash when you are in the days of PLASTIC MONEY.

Room Tip: Their rooms in their new wing seem to be better but I did not try them out personally.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business