The overall experience with this hotel was less than satisfactory.
1) we had clearly informed(by calling aprior) it would be a family visit, 2 adults and a child.
The room that we were provided had both beds seperated(twin beds) and dressing table and switchboard in between.
Later when the bed was joined the switch board posed risk since our baby is little more than a year old.
2) The room size was very small, dingy and stuffy.
The AC control was not working, you could either allow it freeze you or just switch off. Same thing with Fan.
Bath room was below expectation, except that it was clean. Hot water is available only during early morning or during nights.
We asked for a room change, the receptionist promised us a better room by noon. but they gave us a different room only in the evening
This room was spacious and better interiors and the bathroom and AC were much better.
We thought of continuing another day as we had plans of staying one more day in chennai.
But, now a new problem arose, there was some religious gathering right behind the hotel and they bhajans with shrill loudspeakers.
They went on till 11.pm in the night. During which time we could hardly listen to each other.
We decided to checkout very next morning.
They have a small coffee shop where you get complimentary breakfast. The breakfast is good, but it can become extremely crowdy.
The room service is also slow.But rates are comparitively good.
I think there are other hotels which provide better experience for the same facilities.
On a whole its not worthy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We thank you for the interest shown in Brownstar Boutique Hotel Situated in Kodambakkam, the Heart of Chennai and the hub of business and leisure activities the hotel is at convenient approach from the airport, railway junction and most of the city's major landmarks. The hotel has well appointed 25 rooms, which provide luxury and comfort. The dining options include a multi cuisine restaurant, RestoBar (Happening Soon) and In room dining for In-house guest. The facilities include the state of art business and conference facilities. Our rooms are upgraded with world class products to match the modern comforts includes VRF AC System, Electronic Safety Locker, Minibar, Sound insulated windows, Laminated floors, Coffee percolators, Shower Cubicles, Uniformed Eco - Friendly lights etc.. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Brownstar Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.