“Food Taste and Quality is Excellent”
Review of Six 'O' One

Six 'O' One
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Italian, European
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Six-O-One, the all-hours restaurant is our tribute to the historic location that housed the Gemini Film Studios. Smoky aromas from the tandoor and the wood-fired pizza oven waft into the air and stimulate the palate. Authentic Italian and International classics are highlights of the menu. Indian cuisine from Lucknow to Kerala is presented with innovative styling. In the Pasta Bar fresh pastas and noodles are tossed to your liking and sinful chocolates and desserts act the perfect temptress. In a complete contrast to the virginal white lobby, stands The Leather Bar. Sexy. Masculine. Dark. The rich black leather floor blends into olive suede walls. The space pays tribute to Chennai, the city of leather, accessorised by glamorous artefacts and books on leather and fashion. The DJ in the private console overlooks the lobby and interweaves sound and images to create the right energy. In fine weather an outdoor terrace enables you to enjoy the dark night, inhaling the heady smell of the sea.
Chennai (Madras), India
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food Taste and Quality is Excellent”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The buffet in 601 is very good and tasty. The service also very good. The Location is center of the Chennai city.

Visited November 2012

Greer, South Carolina
“Brunch worth repeating....”
Reviewed August 19, 2012

My wife and I are expats in Chennai and we had heard many great things about the Park Brunch from other expats. Today we took the plunge ourselves.

The offering is fairly elaborate and I would advise any first timers to take a careful look around before starting. We thought that we had surveyed the buffet well but the found whole sections that we missed.

Overall the experience was positive and we would go again. The offering includes (if you so desire) unlimited cocktails. So brunch with a bloody Mary for starters followed by a nice wine (Lindemans) is quite nice.

The price of 2,000 rupees becomes 2,600 after taxes or $46 per person. That's not bad for the offering and the alcohol in Chennai. Bit neither is it cheap. Still we would go again.

There seemed to be something for everyone so I recommend giving it a try.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Jackinbama
Chennai
“24 hours!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Its a nice restaurant...the food was great. Tried the appetizer - prawn tempura and they came plated in 3 different sauces. The wasabi flavored one being my favorite! For those who like their tempura crisp, let the chef know that the sauces be given on the side. However I do recommend trying them as they are....so yummy! We ordered pasta and tried their popular hyderabadi pathar gosht...a special dish made on stone?! Its nice but I am not a fan of very spicy food so I may not order again. However my partner loved it....so its recommended for those who are fine with all the rich indian masala. I also recommend you to try their casatta....absolutely loved the sweet ending :) I am cutting down to 4 stars coz the restaurant ambiance is very dated. Also the place needs to be renovated...the floors, chairs are all in bad condition....I expected better since The Park is a 5 star hotel. Still I would go back as the food was just perfect! Pricing: High. A meal for two will cost you approximately between Rs.4000-5000

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank farhanasuhail
Porto
“Nice atmosphere”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Very modern. After a week eating chicken and lamb you will need a nice steak or a nice pasta. This is a good spot .

Visited July 2012
Mobile, Alabama
“A great Italian dining experience in Chennai!”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

I had lunch at 601. A nice little Oasis away from the hustle and bustle! The service and food quality were great! I had the Lasagna. Nice Focaccia bread and dessert. For a good Italian dining experience in Chennai, 601 is the place to go!

Visited June 2012