“Amazing experience!”

Private Peacock Trail Walking Tour in Mylapore
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Story-based walking tours and short excursions that zig-zag through the beat and the pulse of the city; from its oldest parts to its busy bazaars, through dance and art to its rural heart. Unlike sight-seeing tours, these trails focus on the everyday sights on the streets - the local customs, symbolisms and the fascinating stories behind the mundane rituals of life. Hosted by a team of articulate storytellers, these trails are an enjoyable way for visitors to appreciate the local way of life. Pick from nine different tours in Chennai.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is a tour that makes all the difference. We took the Bazaar Tour and the Chennai Medley and highly recommend both. Storytrails guides are fantastic.

2  Thank princegate
There are newer reviews for Storytrails

Reviewed November 18, 2012

For the price that we paid, the tour was rather disappointing. Although we liked our guide Akila a lot, as she is very good with her stories. Some of the stories though are a lot about the Hindu religion. If you steer clear of a lot of temples and concentrate and on general architecture then the tour becomes interesting. We had some trouble with the manager of the company as he promised to include breakfast in the price but in the end of the day, when we had to pay, he backed away from that deal. We thought that was very unprofessional. Anyway, I would not highly recommend this tour as I personally feel it was too expensive for the stuff you get to see. The Bharatnatyam performance was entertaining though.

2  Thank SupremeSerendipity
Storytrails, General Manager at Storytrails, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We take any negative feedback very seriously and I am sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of the tour you took with us. However, your statement about breakfast being denied to you on the trail seems factually incorrect and I would like to place the facts on record. Please do correct me if any of this is not true.

Your group was running late for the trail in the morning and you decided to have breakfast by yourself before you reported for the trail. This was before you even met our storyteller. You therefore chose to skip the scheduled breakfast stop on the tour. At the end of the tour, you asked us to reimburse you for the expense on breakfast that you had even before the tour started. We stand by our response that such reimbursements are not part of our service offerings and cannot be allowed on our tours. We most certainly did not intend to short-change you on breakfast and our storyteller would have been delighted if you could have joined her for breakfast on the trail as planned.

We do hope this clears the misunderstanding. We always strive to leave all our guests delighted with our trails, and we are sorry that you felt otherwise on your trail experience with us. We would welcome your feedback on ways we could improve these trails.

Best Regards

Vijay Prabhat Kamalakara
Managing Director, Storytrails

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went on the Bazaar walk on the Saturday before Diwali so it was extra crowded. Our guide was Sandiya and she did an excellent job of explaining the history of the area, starting with the Armenian's up to the British. I have seen pictures of areas like this but have never experienced this reality. There was a mixture of smells, some spicy, some not so nice but is to be expected in this crowded environment. We did have to squeeze single file quite often, but we regrouped at the next stop on the tour for further explanations. All in all it was a great experience and we will look for another tour to go on if we have the time.

1  Thank dwilson_hotmail
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I went on the Bazaar trail on a Saturday evening, from 4pm. Samarth was lovely and helpful, and at the start of the tour we learnt about vegetables and local produce, however in the depths of the Bazaar it was really too noisy and crowded to hear anything. The group had to walk in single file and we could not talk amongst each other, and it was hard to hear Samarth over the din of traffic. I ended up wishing I was just walking there by myself. The Bazaar itself is typical, and I would not hesitate going there by myself. I think for the relatively high cost of this tour, I was expecting a more specialised insight behind the scenes into the depth of the actual bazaar. Perhaps Storytrails can consider taking some backstreets, and even stopping for some chai, when the bazaar is particularly crowded, such as a Saturday evening?

3  Thank susi_q_99
Reviewed October 9, 2012

It was a simple tour with great useful information and we learnt a lot. Samarth was a great story teller and those in our group really enjoyed the tour.