Hotel Chandra Park
Park Hyatt Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$91
Taj Club House(Chennai (Madras))
$150
$66
Hotels.com
Grand Chennai by GRT Hotels(Chennai (Madras))
$71
$61
$86
$58
Agoda.com
The Park Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$63
$59
Hotels.com
The Leela Palace Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$132
$128
  • Pool
Taj Coromandel Chennai(Chennai (Madras))
$139
$171
  • Pool
All reviewsthali mealsvalue for moneychennai egmore railway stationdeluxe rooms arelocal traineasy accessshort staycomplimentary breakfastdecent hoteloppofficialcheckin
Reviewed June 17, 2009

We had to stay at this hotel because we needed a hotel for our stop-over in Chennai en-route to the Andamans...

the staff is very friendly...the food is okay, not great...it's mostly not very expensive except for the fruit juices which almost touch the prices of champaigne ;) the room was comfortable enough...the room has a tv set...we paid 1200 for an overnight stay (checked out early morning)....

• Stayed: January 2009
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Me and my wife are travelling now 10 months round the world and never had such a bad hotel in any country. The WIFI didn´t work first, then only in the lobby, the AC smelled really bad of mould, drunk people yelled and wanted to fight with each other, but the worst thing was that the cleaning boys rummaged around in my backpack when I came in my room during the day. I don't know if they wanted to take something but I complained about at the hotelmanager very loud. Don't come near this so called hotel. It is not so cheap and really bad.

• Stayed: May 2009
1  Thank Clearer
Reviewed June 9, 2009

This is a very nice hotel located @ Egmore. Very near to the Railway station. I was reluctant earlier as it was located in the other corner of chennai but i was looking for hotels very near to Airport. My friend suggested me this place so thought let me try. It was really worth for the money we paid. I paid double the amount last year where i stayed close to the Airport where the service was very poor, contaminated water. It was Hotel Heera located at St. Thomas Mt, horrible.

Anyways if you are looking for hotels near to Airport then better stay out of Heera. I had a good time when i stayed in Hotel Chandra Park.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2009

We stayed at Hotel Chandra Park mid feb 2009. The first night of our stay we were woken at 3 am by the crashing and conversation of the staff cleaning the rooms opposite us. As we lay awake in the dark, I felt a bite. We switched the light on to find bedbugs (from tiny pinpricks to half a centemetre long) crawling all over the bed, floor and outside of the mosquito net. No wonder the sheets had old bloodstains on them! When we crushed them they were filled with fresh blood.
We complained to the lobby and they did come up to have a look. We were moved to another room, but they didn't seem too bothered about the bedbugs. Pity the next victims.
The following day, we asked management for a discount as we had slept very little. They refused and claimed that if they didn't charge us the full amount, the money would come out of the cleaning staff's wages! As bedbugs are carried in clothes and luggage and I was worried about ending up with an infestation back home in the UK, we asked for all our clothes to be laundered. Again, we were refused.
We had already given this hotel a few items of laundry, which we did not have back yet, so were forced to stay another night. When the laundry finally was returned, the front of one shirt (rather than the label) had been written on in pen. When I said I wasn't paying for that particular item to be laundered as it was unwearable, there was again argument. The belhop took the shirt to show management, who then sent it back to the laundry even though we had told them we were leaving very early in the morning. They assured us it would be ready. Needless to say it wasn't. We refused to pay for that particular item and had to argue with management on the way out of the door. They wanted us to pay for the laundering of a shirt they could not give us back!
Neither of us have ever had such a bad experience in a hotel. This was half way through a month trip through South India, and one of the more expensive places we stayed. It was by far the worst, though it looks ok in the lobby, and the food was alright. Don't risk it! Go to a guest house instead!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CambridgeLula
Reviewed May 21, 2009

I had booked the hotel by contacting the hotel directly on phone & had requested for airport pickup (chargeable) & the complete process i.e. from booking the hotel & airport pickup was very satisfactory.

Hotel Chandra park is a nice, clean centrally air conditioned hotel with LCD televisions in their room. The rooms are good, big & well planned with very good house keeping. Morning complimentary breakfast is also very good if you like south indian food.

The hotel also has a travel desk but try to avoid them as they are not professionals & do not believe in customer satisfaction.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple