“A true gift...”

Ranked #64 of 380 Hotels in Jaipur
Paris
“A true gift...”
Reviewed September 28, 2011

....to the body, the mind and the soul. I spent 4 days at Savista and found everything about it completely enchanting. From the beautiful house and rooms and gardens, from the absolutely incredible food to the warmth and attention from the staff and more than anything from the welcome of the hosts: Radhika, Bhanwar and Megan.They make it feel more like you are joining them in their home, rather than a hotel. The place is outside of Jaipur, so don't expect quick shopping trips and night life...but that's precisely what I found so unique about Savista....here you are in India, far from the madding crowd...at peace. You can still "go into town" if you want ( I did all the sites in Jaipur and around), without the hassle.
I had many a lovely conversations with the hosts and they run the place with a desire for people to enjoy the place and the area, rather than just a commercial venue. They are attentive and can arrange anything for you. Notably, they arrange for a visit to one of the close by rural villages, where I sat in the company of some wonderful people and had a small insight into life in rural India...all this without the usual "money exchange" coming in the way. It was a true gift for me...an insight....Tipping is not allowed in Savista, which says it all! The rooms were tidy and comfortable, the hygiene of the place excellent and as I said, the staff were friendly and attentive.

Savista is also looking to become a place where people could do retreats, and they organise some already...for me, this is the ideal location. Nice calm surroundings, all the amenities, a large pool in the courtyard, hikes around the hotel, and a room to conduct seminars etc...
If you want a generic Luxury Spa kind of place, this might not be it...but if what you want is a Retreat...then come here!

Overall, I can't recommend it enough. Its a unique way of seeing India, far from the usual bustling life, and still close enough to it.
My key words would be:
Peace, Joy, Unique and Generosity.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Odolphin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
UAE
Reviewed September 3, 2011

If you want to be in the middle of an Indian city - don't stay here .
If you want a big formal Hotel - don't stay here .
But if you do want to experience almost a 'homestay' environment in a rural idyll about 30 to 45 minutes from the heart of Jaipur then we can recommend Savista wholeheartedly. Despite arriving and departing in the middle of the night due to flight times , the owners and tireless and ubiquitous co-ordinator Meghan were there on hand - and they consistently and persistently checked that everything was as it should be .The rooms are comfortable , the showers work with plenty of hot water and several (local ) staff keep the place very clean .
Service from (local) staff is very willing and amiable - albeit with good English langue skills 'being worked on'.
The food is good and 'home cooked' , the pool is enormous and the surrounding gardens extending into fields are ( in Aug/Sept at least) green and alive with birds and butterflies.
The urban sprawl ofJaipur is far enough away to be out of the way but near enough to allow a sightseeing and shopping spree - before escaping back to the countryside.Visits to the local villages by camel cart( real people/real cows) and the block printers still producing 300 year old designs from household artisans are readily available.
So if you do want a comfortable non standard Rajasthan stay, we think that eco friendly Savista is well worth a try.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wanderer022
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed at Savista for four nights. We arrived from Mumbai on a late flight that was delayed and so we only reached Jaipur close to midnight. We were tired and grumpy, but our spirits improved the moment we reached Savista. The driver was polite and friendly. After a speedy check-in, we were taken to dinner which was a delicious Indian meal served by staff who were waiting specially for us even though it was past midnight.

Jaipur is an interesting city but is very noisy and crowded, and we were glad each day to come back to tranquil Savista in the evening. The food was consistently delicious, and not excessively oily and spicy like several restaurants we had been to in India. We had some lovely swims in the pool, chatted with the other guests and owners in the evenings, went for walks in the surrounding countryside and even tried a camel cart ride!

The previous reviewer was very critical of the dining area and lighting at Savista, but to us these things were definitely part of the charm of the place. We enjoyed having breakfast in the garden, listening to the birds, and the sprawling grounds are great if you like to explore and discover a heritage property. I would say that the place was very different from anything we found in our travels in India. The only similar place we've seen would be Amanbagh, where we stayed on a previous trip.

We also came to Savista because of the glowing reviews on Tripadvisor, and were not disappointed! As many people have said here, the owners are really the highlight of the place. We felt like we were being treated as valued guests in their home, which was very different from the experience we had at other, larger hotels on our trip. We will definitely return to Savista if we come back to Rajasthan anytime.

Be prepared for a unique experience, and you won't be sorry!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Intrepidtraveler1380
New Delhi, India
Reviewed August 28, 2011

We had the most fabulous time at Savista. Our arrival came quite late in the evening and we were welcomed with a lovely drink by the pool with the owner and manager followed by an exquisite dinner. The dinners every night were spectacularly good and we both so enjoyed the poolside setting. Room was very clean, well presented. Loved the sun room to relax in in the evenings and lovely comfortable spacious bed. Reading on the daybed was a sheer pleasure. Breakfasts on the terrace was fresh and beautifully relaxing start to the day. The pool was lovely and refreshing and swimming in the courtyard of an 1800s Haveli was quite an experience.The rooftop views were divine and so peaceful. We so enjoyed the tranquility of Savista and the birdlife was amazing. The perfect break from a noisy Delhi. Bhanwar, Radhika and Meghan could not have been more accommodating and looked after us exceptionally well the entire time we were there. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John B
Exmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I have travelled extensively in Rajasthan but have never come across such an unfriendly and unwelcoming establishment - we even left early which I have never done before or since. I chose this because we wanted somewhere quiet and because of other reviews, but I am genuinely questioning the validity of some of those. Whilst the property itself is a lovely building in attractive countryside, it is a long way out of Jaipur (a good hour) and there are no facilities for your own driver - ours had to drive back into Jaipur to sleep and eat, and as our phones did not work in that area we could not ring him. There was not enough food for the 4 guests at dinner (in a ghastly room down a badly lit path a long way from the main building) and breakfast was taken outside on an uncomfortable picnic bench. There were too many rules - no shoes in room, no drinks (even coffee) in room etc. Only way to communicate was by writing a note which was then taken to the owner. Rooms were fine but cold, hot water good. As we were told we were the first people to stay in our rooms, I am surprised to see all the reports on this site - we really got the impression that very few people had ever stayed there. Our very experienced driver had never come across the property before and he has a huge knowledge of Rajasthan, he also asked all the other drivers about it and no one had used it. Stay there at your peril - it is also very over-priced and there are numerous better hotels in that area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank aj300
Jodhpur, India
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Dear All,
This is out of my perosnal expeirence, I am writting that Savista Retreat is a real retreat where you will forget all your worries and will dive into the deep sea of peace. The only disturbing sound would be chirping of birds and sounds of winds. If you want to get rid of your hectic city life and hectic schedule you truly need a place like Savista to re-energize yourself.
The place has excellent quality of cleanliness and service. The staff here is very courteous and the swimming pool very relaxing. Me and my wife have found this place among are favorite and would suely be paying visit to the lovely place very soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Jaipur, India
Reviewed August 8, 2011

A few weeks ago I spent the night at Savista. The Haveli and grounds are absolutely beautiful and very clean, which is incredibly refreshing after coming from the small dirty village I live in. In the evening I sat discussing Indian culture with Bhanwar (the owner) by the pool. He was extremely kind and helpful in explaining Indian mannerisms and ways. The dinner was very good local cuisine. I had some very good chicken (first time I have had chicken since I arrived in India). The room and bathroom was very clean and nice. The Haveli is very quiet in the evenings and I easily got an amazing nights rest. Breakfast in the morning resembled an English breakfast with beans and toast. It again was delicious. My overall experience at Savista was lovely and I am anxious to stay again when I need another peaceful evening away.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends