Tara Niwas
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Sajjan Niwas(Jaipur)
View Hotel
All reviewsvalue for moneyprefer spicy foodhome away from homeperfect budget hotelhomely placeroom heaterfamily roomhaveli experienceelectric kettlebani parkrestaurant servesguest housecomfortable staybeautiful place to staybest wishesmini fridgenice garden
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I usually stay at Tara Niwas during my frequent visits to Jaipur. It has become a 'home away from home' as some of my stays have been more than a week at a stretch. For it's price, it offers the cleanest rooms, free wifi, and excellent food options (all made fresh) in its kitchen. Even the bread, jam and pickle are home made. I used their cars on my last visit and found all of them clean and the drivers pleasant and safe. The hotel is frequented by guests who are professors or artists or writers so it's a good place to meet up with people.

Room Tip: Do ask for a room at the back of the hotel as the ones in front have some noise from the road
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, Owner at Tara Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Greetings from all of us here at Tara Niwas.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review, and also for the kind words. All of us here are glad you liked our services.
It has been a pleasure to serve your groups over the years. It has been very satisfying to know that they have generally been happy with the services offered, notwithstanding certain irritating bill mix ups!

Tarun

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I had stayed in this hotel during my trip ( December, 2012) to Jaipur with family friends. My first choice was Arya Niwas (belonging to the saame group) where I had stayed earlier during my previous trip. However since Arya Niwas was booked I was advised that I can stay in Tara niwas by their reservation executive, I was skeptical eventhough the reivews about the hotel was good in trip advisor. The price at which this guest house room comes ( total 19 rooms) and the efficient manner the rooms are maintained is excellent. The ammenities provided are all essential ( may not be extravagant as we see in the high priced star hotels) but well thought. The room was clean, well maintained, they had a smal resturant but food waas good. Overall best budget option.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Tara Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Greetings from Tara Niwas Jaipur.

All of us at Tara Niwas are glad you liked our services, and hope to see you soon in our lovely home town of Jaipur!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

My first experience of this hotel, and it was worthwhile. Phone booking, early check in and courteous reception staff was flawless even though this was my first booking with this unit of arya niwas group. Housekeeping and staff are timely, efficient and well mannered. Decently decorated rooms and spacious clean bathroom didn't leave much to ask for other than something look out from the window, tea maker in the room was very nice and helpful feature. Located in the peaceful area still very near to the railway station and bus station but nearby eating joints are hard to find and area is dark; so take dinner at the hotel. Breakfast with many options was bliss. I wish they keep the standards up in all their properties and the budget in check.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Greetings from Tara Niwas Jaipur.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

We arrived at 6 am and the person at the reception was very helpful. The room was very clean. What we liked most about this guest house was the location. Even though it is located very close to the bus stand and railway station (as well as the old city), the neighborhood is very quiet.

We didn't eat here but they do have a lot of options at their restaurant at very reasonable rates.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Tara Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review. Thank you also for the kind words. Have a happy healthy and safe year ahead and hope to see you again at Tara Niwas and Jaipur!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was our third stay at this excellent property. Squeaky clean, very very comfortable, food is hot and tasty, staff very attentive and courteous., they even have rabbits in their garden to keep the lil' tykes engaged and very thoughtfully an aquarium in the dining room.
Mr Tarun Bansal goes all out to keep you happy and he actually made the folk performers who were leaving, to step out of their cab and perform for my dejected kids who had missed the performance at the hotel lawns, Truly touched.
You couldnt get anything like this at any price in jaipur.
Thanks to the entire team of Tara and Arya Niwas.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Tarun_Bansal_Jaipur, General Manager at Tara Niwas, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

New Year Greetings from Tara Niwas Jaipur.

Thank you for taking out the time to write a review and for the kind words.

Tarun