“Rooms excellent but there are issues with this hotel”
Review of Lemon Tree Premier

Lemon Tree Premier
Ranked #30 of 386 Hotels in Jaipur
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Rooms excellent but there are issues with this hotel”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I will start by saying that I am someone that will speak my mind and raise issues. If you are not this way inclined you may get frustrated here.

Firstly, fantastic rooms and the quality exceeds the price of room. Perhaps I was unlucky but this is my experience;

Welcoming letter stated "ask about our bar offers and getting the second drink half price for your better half" or something to that effect. We went to the empty bar at 5pm and mentioned same, the elderly waiter said in a very robust tone " there is no happy hour at this hotel" and walked away from us. I can appreciate that tones can be lost in translation but why walk away from us as if we were dismissed? A different bar attender attended to us later where we ordered food and drinks. Mr grumpy served us the food and seemed to have changed his attitude. I did not tip him as I always usually do but we did see him eat the 2 chillie bagoras we left, behind the curtain!! Next time be more discreet!

I will list the other issues we then encountered;
Room 314 smelt of cigarette smoke and there was a strange noise from above as if someone was scraping their chair along all night. I went outside to check and actually think it is the service lift which is quite close.

Note previous posters have commented about the 3rd floor and smell of cigarette smoke in rooms.

Fridge did not work and they had to change it twice to rectify the problem.

WIFI is 450 plus taxes for 24 hours and NOT per room but per lap top.

Rogan Josh 400 Rs plus taxes but scant portion and swimming in oil.

Whilst i have listed the issues I encountered I must balance this with every time I mentioned an issue it was taken seriously and dealt with. The managers here are excellent and continously asked if I wanted to change the room which I subsequently did and they kindly upgraded me.

That said it was a little draining raising points.

My advice is excellent rooms and customer service from managers so I would definately stay again although avoid 3rd floor. It has not spoilt my stay.

Room Tip: Service would have been excellent but for the bar man. Did not use Spa. Location not great as looks...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kris R
Gold_Jaipur, General Manager at Lemon Tree Premier, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Dear Patron,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Hotel, Jaipur!!
Thank you for patronizing Golden Tulip Hotel. It was a privilege, indeed, to have you staying with us during your recent visit to Jaipur. At the outset I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time in providing us feedback. It is feedback like yours that help us to improve upon our existing standards of service.

I would like to express my sincere apology for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay. It is our Endeavour to provide the finest of hospitality and service in line with the standards of Golden Tulip Hotels. However, we seem to have fallen short of your expectations. Please be assured that we have taken serious note of your feedback and have taken it up with the concerned departments and have initiated corrective action. Once again my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.
We would request you not to take the above as an example of our normal services and provide us another opportunity to be of service to you.

Thanking you once again for your feedback and looking forward to meeting you on your next visit.

Shailesh Joshi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
  • Arabic first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed August 28, 2012

1. I am on business trip to this beautiful city of my country. Have completed ONE month stay in this Hotel- Golden Tulip. The mere fact that that people here have impressed upon me to continue my stay speaks for itself.
2. I believe this hotel has its branches in 40 other countries and at 13 locations in India. This Hotel brings a mix of Western and Ethnic Indian style. The basic requirements are always there, foolproof and without any hitch.
3. The staff right from Gen manager down to house keepers, technicians are all more than friendly in nature....they bring a family touch.
4. Located nicely in the heart of Jaipur....apt for business as well as exploring this ancient historical city of Rajasthan.
5. Nice homely stay

Room Tip: Rooms on 6th , 7th and 8th floors
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Jaipur!!

Thank you for your patronage with Golden Tulip Hotel Jaipur. It was a privilege, indeed, to have you staying with us during your recent visit to Jaipur. At the outset I would like to thank you for taking your valuable time in providing us feedback. It is feedback like yours that help us to improve upon our existing standards of service.

Over the years Golden Tulip has defined a benchmark of fine living and has expressed high standards in the art of hospitality worldwide. Golden Tulip Jaipur is proud part and partner of Louvre Hotels. .

We hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Please feel free to contact and email us for any assistance at our end.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We had a 3 night stay in the hotel recently. We had got a good deal online but was quiteaphrehensive till we reached there. We had an airportpickup service from the hotel. The driver was very helpful in giving us insights os the city. The hotel staff very very nice and helpful..they upgraded our room on our arrival. The room was very good n well maintained. Our package included breakfast and dinner. The only downside was that their resturant was havingdakshin festival that week and we do not prefer south indian food. So the manager and the chef we very cordial and they made us order from the menu. We travelled with our 1 year old so had to order khichdi for him everyday. The khichdi was very well made. We are very thankful to them. The room service and house keeping were very good. they have a cafe by the pool which was closed due to monsoon. The location was also good. It was not very far to go anywhere for sightseeing or shopping. Our package included an half day tour too which was good.
Overall a very good experience

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Namjen
Dear Patron,

Greetings from Golden Tulip Jaipur!!

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My family & I have stayed several times at Golden Tulip. It is a very comfortable hotel, nicely located, very friendly and well trained people, great food and high value for money. Rooms are large with all amenities.

It is luxury and warmth - you would get back to it again again.

Alok & Jhooma Srivastava

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

winnipeg
Reviewed July 12, 2012

we stayed at a number of wonderful places during our golden triangle trip and although there was nothing overtly wrong with golden tulip it just felt a bit cold.
the staff were welcoming, the lobby/rooms very well maintained. there was no free wifi (durprising for a business hotel!) and you had to go IN PERSON to the front desk to ask for a password, or someone would be sent up to your room for the same - simply calling down to the front desk wouldnt do. Exchanging money was a bit of a hassle as well - they DO do it at the front desk but it wasnt as easy at other hotels. passports had to be copied, signed etc etc. forgetting that the hotel all ready has all this information from check-in.

and on to the 'spa': NOT a spa. not in the least. for a hotel that has 'international stds and local flavour'...this was very very ?local?
the spa facilities were 2 hard table/cots covered with sheets that were stained. i would not have sat on them much less lay down. the ?masseuse was a gentleman who was clearly not a professional nor had ever attended any standardized esthetics course. the poor young lady who had to work with him had to take his constant barking orders. ugh! my friend and i went for manicures/polish changes. unfortunately i got this man, who i would be surprised if he has EVER done polish in his life. after scrubbing my nails with the same nail brush used on my FRIENDS FEET without properly washing it, he then realized one of his few colors of polish were almost empty. so he did what any professional would - he poured polish remover to de-clump it and tried to put it on my fingers. he did such a terrible job there were clumps and empty spaces on every single nail. i specifically didnt want any metal work/cuticle work done because of the lack of sterility. eww! and not a day later that pink clumpy nail polish began to turn...BLUE! i dont know what kind of cheap chemicals started to react to the sun, but i had to spend a week with this garbage on my fingers as a reminder of how bad the services were here.

so.
pros: the hotel has comfy beds, nice tv, it's a chain so some stds are met. the room service food is excellent and the breakfast buffet is outstanding. soooo many varieties!

cons: the spa. it's not. they should get rid of the non-option that it is and just focus on what is good.
also a con, the guy hawking wares on the same floor as the restaurant to get at you every time you try to use the elevator to get to and from the dining room.
and paying for wi-fi. ridiculous the hassle to go through to get this.

we chatted one morning at breakfast with some american businessmen from Denver who owned the hotel and were checking up on services, if only we had met up with them after after the spa debacle, they would have gotten a good bit of our anger!

overall it's a decent place to stay - but i'm sure there are better to be honest.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank chocolatetwistcone
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 12, 2012

In a gorgeous place like Rajastan....a gorgeous hotel like the Golden Tulip is necessary. I had a lovely time there. I was there with my partner and another friend. The room itself was very posh and big. With bathtub and and a very big bathroom. Room service was excellent. Gave us plenty of bath foam so we can shower as much as we want. The entire crew including the night shift employees go above and beyond to ensure your stay is a pleasant stay. On a very heavy rainy night i needed to book a flgiht tickets...the wifi was down and i called the Front Office reception in the night to ask for suggestion..he very quickly assisted by letting me use the computer in the reception area. I managed to book my tickets on time. The crew made my stay a more pleasant stay. I really would like to congratulate the hotel for it`s excellent customer service.

Room Tip: Not sure about rooms..but my room was 417 and it was a really nice room. A bit far from the lift but...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jase1983

Greetings from Golden Tulip Hotel, Jaipur, India!!

Please feel free to contact and email us for any assistance at our end. We look forward to your next visit and wish you all the Best.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Wonderful hotel !!! will be the first thing to say about it. We stayed here from 30th June 2012 till 03rd July 2012. Location is good which is in the central of city. Hotel Cleanliness is excellent. Staffs are very courteous and eager to help. Food at the Silk Loft restaurant is amazing. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and in-room dining was great. Check-in and Check-out process is quick. They upgraded us from Delxue to Club room which is appreciable. Value wise it is good but could be more competitive. We'll definitely stay here next time we visit Jaipur.

Thanks to all the staff of Golden Tulip Jaipur for making our stay a comfotable and memorable one.

Room Tip: All rooms in the Deluxe and Club category are almost similar. Nothing special to choose from.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family