Barwara Kothi
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
All reviewsfamily photoshome stayprivate homelarge balconyhome away from homeantique furniturefirst floorbreakfast is servedbygone erabusy jaipurroyal feelingrooms are spaciousguest houseconvenient locationa wonderful stayplenty of hot waterfelt like home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 7, 2011

A beautiful colonial family run hotel. The owner is extremely helpful and will give advice on where to go and what to do. The rooms are large with beautiful ensuite marble bathrooms, and nice fittings. Breakfast is served in the upstairs dining room, and consisted of muesli, cereals, fruit and an indian option all served in buffet style.The staff were excellent, and the hotel asks that visitors leave a tip in the tip box at the end of their stay rather than tipping each individual.
This was the best value hotel, and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2011

My friend and I enjoyed a really lovely stay at the Barwara Kothi. I only wish we could have stayed longer. Our room was beautiful and the staff were very friendly. We felt truly welcome. It was a lovely oasis in a busy city.
I don't now if they have ground floor rooms, so if you can't manage the stairs, this may be difficult for disabled guests.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 4, 2011

I recently stayed in Barwara Kothi for the second time and again thoroughly enjoyed the calm atmosphere of the garden, the private terrace off my room and the magnificent dining room with members of the lovely family and the excellent staff being nearby to give it that homely rather than hotel-like feeling. That said, you can completely wind down in the privacy of the comfortable rooms and the very well kept garden from which you can just faintly hear the hustle and bustle of busy Jaipur while enjoying the birds and squirrels darting about.
It is conveniently located for both airport and train station, as well as the pink city which is just a short auto ride away.
Having had to move into one of the big corporate hotels for business reasons later on during my stay, I realised how much more atmosphere the Barwara Kothi offers, and what great value it is (less than a third of the price of the hotel). If you are after an Indian rather than a corporate experience, stay here!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Britta1968
Reviewed April 25, 2011

As a woman traveling alone through India, I wanted secure and comfortable accomodations. Barwara Kothi was considerably more than I had expected. It was absolutely perfect in every way! Next year I will be returning with my teenage twin daughters to share this wonderful experience in Jaipur, India at Barwara Kothi.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Gingerlovestotravel
Reviewed April 15, 2011

Our short stay @ Barwara Kothi was a pleasurable experience...the location of the place is perfect - close to Railway St & Bus Stand but without the hustle & bustle...rooms r spacious & well maintained with a high degree of cleanliness & hygiene.....although we didnt have lunch or dinner but our b'fast ( which was included in the package) was nice.... Mrs. Deepali was a gracious host and I belief the drivin force for the hotel....
overall a lovely place to stay durin your visit to Jaipur......we all want to come back soon...
cheers....