OYO 601 Hotel Shalimar
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Mewar Hotel(Jaipur)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbus standsindhi campmetro stationbust standac workingroom servicenice stayhot waternice hotelfree wifisignalmidnightneetmrindiahospitality
Reviewed February 8, 2014

One of the best hotels of the four that we stayed in during our four city tour. We were a bit reluctant to stay there initially when the travel agent suggested this hotel but it by far the best one...in terms of hospitality I could easily recommend it anyone. The rooms were very clean and the bathroom was clean as well. The housekeeping staff cleaned the bathroom And tidied the rooms everyday. We stayed for 4 days and it was the best stay so far. The staff member who looked after our floor was amazing and efficient. Great hotel and great stay!!. With that price I could not ask for more.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank payel R
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I visited Jaipur for the Literary Festival and needed a convenient, basic place to stay. A friend from the city recommended Hotel Shalimar. As the driver turned onto Vanasthali Marg, he said, "Why did you choose to stay around here? These hotels aren't great." Then we reached Shalimar, and he retracted. "Oh - this place looks very nice."

Located near the bus terminal and train station, economical, and an attractive, clean haven in the surrounding area, Shalimar met all of my needs for a brief, busy stay in Jaipur. It was a pleasure to return to the hotel after long days out in the city. My room was comfortable and cozy with notable design details, the management and staff were friendly and attentive - and the food was good!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank MollieLR
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I was a little bit worried about the important points in my first travel to Jaipur, specially because of the accomodation. I chose with a couple of friends Shalimar hotel, because of the price and in his location. At the end, after travelling a lot in India I should say that chose this hotel was a great decision it was quite clean, the service was great and the reception really nice; their advices really improve our travel; specially their advices about what we should do in order to arrive to the main monuments of the city and they recommended to us to ride in elephant that was an awesome experience, maybe the best one that I have ever had in India.Definetily I really recommended this place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Javierinindia
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

I booked the hotel through Expedia and arrival was smooth but the communication was terrible.
The hotel is a mainly Indian hotel and I don't think they are used to tourists.
I had a lot of trouble on the most basic questions and I can tell they were trying but if they get at least one person that knows better English they will improve much better.

I got a fairly new room but the bathroom window was broken and a pile of garbage outside was not a nice view while in the room.

I think the location is good and with just a little work it can be a much better hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Andres A
Reviewed January 5, 2014

A really noisy hotel with a veneer of sophistication but this veneer is extremely thin. The bathrooms are not cleaned, it's positioned on a busy, noisy street, and the thing that really got to me was that our bed cover was filthy. I put it on the floor and slept under my sarong.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple